Best survival horror game on the PS2?

Posted by Bubblez

What would you recommend me to get into that gaming genre? I've never gave it a chance and I guess it might be the time to try it. I've seen several used games in my Easy Cash store but I don't know which one is the best (Siren, two Resident Evil titles, Silent Hill 2). Which game do you like the most? It doesn't have to be one of the games mentioned above, just the best one in that genre on the PS2.

Posted by a person with nothing

I would have to say resident evil games

Posted by ARC

Well... I guess resident evil would be my selection, because of the graphics and its non-glitch nautification system.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I never got around to playing the silent hill games. I did get a chance one time and it really did creep me out. I hated the way the girl attacked the enemies though. If you run out of bullets, she has to infinitely whack a dog to his death, and that got real annoying real fast. A lot of enemies you can just run by actually. I didn't get to far, I started with silent hill 3, I have to purchase the first 2 and then play 3 again, i stopped playing 3 for that reason. From what I saw though, it has a huge creepy factor.

Resident Evil for the cube* or probably any one of the RE games on the playstation that follows the original RE formula before RE4. The graphics are redone and the sound as well. I'm sure You've played it though o_o The game kinda freaks me the hell out when dogs pop of the window or zombies break through windows, or when the ceilings about to drop, or crimson heads o_o You get the drift.

I heard the Clock Tower games are supposed to be real scary. "heard" not sure :-p, and whats siren about by any chance.

Posted by vash121

RESIDENT EVIL LL THE WAY ASCPECIALLY RE $ AUTOMATIC GAME OF THE YEAR

Posted by vash121

RE4

Posted by Crazy K

Silent Hill 2 is pretty **** scary. I never got a chance to play the first, third, and fourth ones but I might one of these days.

Posted by Bubblez

Thanks for all the answers so far, they're really helpfull. I guess I will go for one of the RE games since all think they are the best. Is Code Veronica ok? I've seen it used and so I'll start with this one (but I have to wait for my salary first...).

Posted by Burn

I tried the Silent Hill games and I couldn't get into them. The cameras were always a bit more annoying than RE games so I would suggest from my experience to go rent or bargain bin some Resident Evil games first and give them a whirl.

Posted by jmarr

Bubblez! don't get Code Veronica, there are much better survival horror games for ps2!

Fatal Frame and Fatal Frame 2:Crimson Butterfly
Silent Hill 2, 3 or 4
The Thing

Siren is another one, but I don't think it is very good (I haven't played it yet).

Clock Tower 3 I completed and actually liked, but it's not for everyone so you might not like it.

Resident Evil games on PS2 are all ports of RE games from older systems (PS1 and Dreamcast). They are great games, but they are direct ports of old games so the graphics don't look very good and the gameplay feels outdated. This includes Code Veronica!

RE:Outbreak is made just for the PS2, but it's not like the other RE games. There's fun to be had in it, but it's also got it's fair share of problems.

you might want to rent some of these before buying... good luck!

Posted by Bubblez

I haven't heard anything about Fatal Frame but The Thing is known to me. I still think that I try RE first. I don't mind ports from older consoles as long as the game itself is fun. But I will stay away from Code Veronica if it is really that bad.

Posted by boomstick

Oh, yea, I'd forgotten about the Fatal Frame games, also good survival horror games on the PS2, but if you have a Xbox, I'd suggest you check them out on them, since the Xbox ports have several exculsive features.

Posted by jmarr

Code Veronica isn't *bad*, it just doesn't hold up as well over time as RE1, 2 and 3 do. y'know hwat I mean? There's alot oflove out there for Code Veronica, but it's late-90's love...

Just don't pay alot for those games if you can. You can probably get the PS1 versions for a couple of bucks and the only thing you'll miss are the shorter load times.

Posted by helpimstuckinabox

ohhh I know, it's not on PS2, but it's horrifying and it takes guts to survive playing it:

Bebe's kids

Posted by Virgil07

If DMC 3 counts then that

Posted by Crazy K

Well DMC is not much of a scary game. I consider more games like Silent hill and Resident evil more like a survivol horror game. But if im not mistaken DMC 1,2,and 3 are all Survivol Horror games. Or Could it be an action game. Oh well.

Posted by Lethal Shadow

I just bought Resident Evil Outbreak and find it pretty scary plus you can play online.

Posted by Bubblez

I still haven't bought a RE game but instead I got Dino Crisis for the PS1. It's a nice game and also creepy, even if it it with dinoaurs and not with zombies and stuff. I really like it and I think I'll get more survival horror games when I'm done with it.

Posted by Beheaded

The PS2 never really had any great survival horror games, I say pick up an old RE game. People do consider Onimusha a Survival Horror, I don't think so but if you want it those games are fun too.

Posted by Samanosuke88554

Resident Evil All The Way

Posted by crimsoncinder

They're all too repetitive. RE and SH are just sequels and prequels. I want a NEW survival horror. One that maybe doesn't involve zombies.

Posted by vgmaster13

rent haunting grounds or buy RE4 when it comes out for the ps2. whatever you dont buy the outbreak games they suck dick

Posted by dante_M.K.5

devil may cry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by kaseyrocks

silent hill all the way

Posted by happyzoo

Resident Evil 1-3, maybe Code Veronica. I wouldn't suggest getting any of the newer ones, because they suck. (Excluding Resident Evil 4). I'm not sure of a survival horror that doesn't involve zombies or monsters. I'll post later if I can think of any.

Posted by Masuyo T3h Ninja

It'll be RE4 when it comes out on the PS2.

Posted by wolfheart_2001

take my advice and buy SILENT HILL

they all great, specially the first episode, i guarantee it will scare u and u will love it.

good luck

Posted by wolfheart_2001

the first episode of silent hill is the one make silent hill population coz its the best horror game, RE is also cool but not scary as much as SH

Posted by The Dark Harmonixer

I'll have to go with Fatal Frame.

Posted by midnight23

Resident Evil by far

Posted by Nickd009

Those games scare the crap out of me, I don't know why.

Posted by Zyne

I have to agree, Silent Hill series comes out on top.