Best multiplayer shooter?

Posted by hypnotize_

Right now there are a couple of good shooter games out for the 360. Which out of these games do you think has the best overall multiplayer over xbox live?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Rainbow Six. There's not much of a contest right now. CoD2 is good but severely limited, Gears is bleh, CoD3 is terrible, Splinter Cell is dead and limited, and so on.

Posted by TheSorrow

I couldnt agree anymore with you Vamp...

Posted by hypnotize_

CoD 3 is bad? I've heard good things about it right now actually.

Also, what about lost planet? Personally, I didn't think the game was that great in the demo.

Turns out, not so great. There's FAR better multiplayer games. And yes, CoD3 sucks. UI and lobby system is terrible.

Posted by alscott333

Farcry looks awsome

Except it isn't.

Posted by hypnotize_

Is Metal Gear Solid coming out for the 360?

Posted by Blazin' Angels

Best multiplayer is halo 2 all the way!

Posted by cool gamer dad

yeah!!

FUUUUUCK YEAH HALO 2!!!

Posted by Creedence

For Co-op with a friend, GRAW 1 and 2 are good (especaily if you like tactical games, for online Halo 2 is a classic but Rainbow 6 Vegas has a feeling of greatness. It somehow effects you knowing that if you get shot in the head once then you let your team down, most games now days you would live.

Posted by muffla

crackdown is a good coop game and for shooters jsut wait untill unreal tournament three its gonna be great

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

HALO 2!!!!! that game is awesome on live! nuff said.

Posted by Dexter

THE CALL OF THE DUTY 2!!!

Anyone who says Halo 2 is an idiot. Seriously.

Posted by Roger Smith

Halo 2 was great.......2 and a half years ago. And I still say Halo is vastly superior to H2.

But yeah, GRAW all the way.

GRAW? Hahaha, that's also a stupid answer.

Posted by Roger Smith

Your a stupid member who likes to belittle everyone based on what games/music....anything they like.

Stop it.

Sorry, but GRAW is far from the best. There's really no skill behind it, the animations are terrible, and the running speed is completely off.

Posted by Roger Smith

Oh yeah, darn those animations and inaccurate running speeds. Oh how they plague modern gaming and stop most games from becoming good.

OH THOSE FOOLS. THOSE FOOLISH GAME DEVELOPING FOOLS! WHEN WILL THEY LEARN THAT BAD ANIMATIONS AND INACCURATE RUNNING SPEEDS ARE THE #1 VIDEO GAME KILLERS!

Posted by Chaos Sin

So I was wondering around these parts and found a topic I liked. Multiplayer Shooters, I'm going with my good sir Roger Smith and say GRAW 1 and 2 and Halo 1 and 2, 1 being better. First off GRAW is probably the best one so far. Online play is excellent and extremly hard. I also disagree highly of Vampiro's post saying it's not a tactical game. The game is very tactical, if you are a nuub your face is blown off in the first 15 seconds of the round. IMHO the best online feature to play on GRAW is the total elimination matches. 30 minutes? 16 players? Alot of killing sprees??? I'm all for it!

Halo 2 online is cheap, all people do is whore the sword and slice and dice...not that I've never done it but it's either hard or easy. -shrug- Halo 1 great online play pretty challenging. Just watch your head from snipers and you're fine.

Multiplayer shooters for me I look for the gameplay and the funness of the game. GRAW is probably one of the most entertaining games I've ever played.

Quoted post: Oh yeah, darn those animations and inaccurate running speeds. Oh how they plague modern gaming and stop most games from becoming good.

OH THOSE FOOLS. THOSE FOOLISH GAME DEVELOPING FOOLS! WHEN WILL THEY LEARN THAT BAD ANIMATIONS AND INACCURATE RUNNING SPEEDS ARE THE #1 VIDEO GAME KILLERS!

Not saying it isn't a good game, just far from being the best. dur dur dur And yeah, running speed is kinda important, considering you can't turn for ****, yet somehow zip across the map in a matter of seconds.

Quoted post: The game is very tactical, if you are a nuub your face is blown off in the first 15 seconds of the round.

Very tactical? Hardly. Just grab a MRC and run around with a partner, problem solved. If you have any experience with an FPS the online is a breeze.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Not saying it isn't a good game, just far from being the best. dur dur dur

Please, the way you talk it's an absolute **** game. So is a lot of other stuff as well.

But I'll continue playing GRAW despite the overly annoying move animations and running speed.

Posted by Chaos Sin

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:
Very tactical? Hardly. Just grab a MRC and run around with a partner, problem solved. If you have any experience with an FPS the online is a breeze.

No, I do not partner in an all elimination match. That's the easy and cheap way of doing things. I kill all around me. Even when playing with a friend we kill one another. Also I seen some of your post so don't give me the "Point to online play is to play with other people." That's your opinion so keep it to yourself. My point to online play is to be the best I can. The only time I'll partner up is in team elimination.

Quoted post: Please, the way you talk it's an absolute **** game. So is a lot of other stuff as well.

... I still play GRAW 2.

Quoted post: No, I do not partner in an all elimination match. That's the easy and cheap way of doing things. I kill all around me. Even when playing with a friend we kill one another. Also I seen some of your post so don't give me the "Point to online play is to play with other people." That's your opinion so keep it to yourself. My point to online play is to be the best I can. The only time I'll partner up is in team elimination.

Deathmatch? Deathmatch sucks, especially in GRAW. It's so not a deathmatch game it's not even funny.

Posted by Chaos Sin

You're a very bias person aren't you?

Bias? No. I like GRAW. It's just not the best shooter, nor is it a very good deathmatch game. It's purpose is team sharpshooter, through and through. If you want a good deathmatch game, just play CoD2 or Rainbow Six.

Posted by Chaos Sin

I'll stick to my "Non tactical" games thank you.

Not like CoD2 has any more strategy to it. But when it comes to basic mechanics and controls it beats GRAW by quite a bit. Definitely a deathmatch game.

Posted by cool gamer dad

R6V sucks after the update. The MTAR does some pretty ****ty damage now.

Posted by Creedence

I still think Rainbow Six Vegas is better than GRAW, in the online department.

But dude, they should put Worms Armageddon on Xbox Live Arcade, that would deffinately be the best multiplayer game, Worms is awesome.

Quoted post: R6V sucks after the update. The MTAR does some pretty ****ty damage now.

They toned down the power and increased accuracy. You just suck at getting headshots. Though they increased power and accuracy to the MP7 and various other guns it seems. So just use that or the FAMAS

Posted by Dexter

Vampy is right 94% of the time. Listen well, kids.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I won't believe it unless you provide links. I wish they'd provide us with details of what exactly they did to the guns.

Also, it turns out I was just lagging because it was stormy last night, and I have a wireless ISP. So we'll see...

Quoted post: Also, it turns out I was just lagging because it was stormy last night, and I have a wireless ISP. So we'll see...

WHAT?! I wasn't online last night, VNV concert.

Oh, and apparently they lessened the power or accuracy of the MP7, but it appears to work better now, like the MTAR, post-patch. Go figure.

Here's what they did:

> A bug in Ranked Matches unintentionally allowed players to play multiple rounds back to back worth large amounts of experience points. Ranked Matches now properly disconnect everyone at the end of the match.

> Non-dedicated hosts can no longer automatically launch matches without being present. On a non-dedicated host, the game will start when either everyone presses Ready, or the host presses Launch.

> Added mechanisms to detect the use of rubberbands on your gamepad to level up. Anyone doing this will receive a "player idle penalty", which means zero experience points at the end of the match.

> Fixed a bug introduced in the last patch that unintentionally increased auto-aim when using long range scopes.

> Modified the efficiency of certain Sub-Machine Guns and, to a lesser extent, Assault Rifles. Noticeable changes can be found on the MP7A1, MP9 and MTAR21.

> The Take Cover camera has been improved to fix a specific situation that allowed someone taking cover to aim-fire at a target without being seen.

> Fixed the fact that Grenades could be thrown through certain walls.

> The sound effects of explosions are now working as intended on dedicated hosts.

> Reloading your checkpoint / saved game in Singleplayer will no longer revert your difficulty level. This should help make the Rainbow Six Legend achievement more attainable.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yeah, I saw that. Pretty vague, don't you think?

Yeah, especially since, like I said, the MTAR definitely works better now. But whatever, I'm not complaining. Though from what I've heard snipers are pretty much useless again.