Underrated or missed games..

Posted by D.J Cat

What Gamecube games do you think were underrated/underappreciated or might have been too easily passed over by people?
And what do you recommend?

Personanally I thought Rayman 3 was brilliant.
The adventure itself didn't take that long to beat, but the way it was designed makes replaying it fun. And while you are beating it the first time its insane fun.
Thise trippy warp levels where you sort of skateboard through all the coulourful lines with the awesome music....
And, its the only game I know of where if you change the language it not only changes the text but the actual characters voice!
Oh, thats another thing. The voices are brilliant.

Now I just need to find some place to buy the game...

What do you people think of Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia (phffftt, something like that) ?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Chibi-Robo

Posted by Bebop

I dont think Chibi got his sweet little *** to UK shores. Which is a shame.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door.

I'm the only person I know who's played it. And it was probably the best, if one of the only, RPGs on the 'Cube.

Posted by Zeta

I actually enjoyed Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog to a certain degree. Also, Luigi's Mansion and MegaMan X Transmission.

Posted by Ant

Do not listen to him. Shadow the Hedgehog is the hugest piece of crap to come from Sonic Team ever. Sonic Heroes, however, I thought was okay.

I was going to say Paper Mario 2, but it sold quite a bit. And all the other games I played/have were fairly mainstream...soooo, yeah.

Quoted post: Do not listen to him. Shadow the Hedgehog is the hugest piece of crap to come from Sonic Team ever. Sonic Heroes, however, I thought was okay.

The newest Sonic the Hedgehog somehow managed to be worse...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I just remembered Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. Loved it so much, but again, nobody bought it. Mario Tennis, on the other hand, was a travesty.

Posted by Arcadios

I bought both Mario Gold and Tennis.
Enjoyed both of em equally.

Posted by D.J Cat

Yeah Paper Mario was good, I didn't just play through it quickly like most of my silly friends did.
I put in 65 hours before I beat the game and to date I have...I dunno near 90hours.
Looking foward to replaying it one day.

@Sonic : I played Adventure 2 and enjoyed it heaps.
Never did finish it, i must get my own copy one day.
And keeep building up those ever so cute Chaos. ^_^

I thought the Mario sports titles on N64 were better.
Toadstall Tour made things way to easy for you with all the little helpy things.

Posted by Omni

Quoting The X: Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door.

I'm the only person I know who's played it. And it was probably the best, if one of the only, RPGs on the 'Cube.

I loved that game. It was easily in my top 5 GCN games.

Posted by Sage Shadows

Quoting The X: I just remembered Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. Loved it so much, but again, nobody bought it. Mario Tennis, on the other hand, was a travesty.

Toadstool Tour was one of the best golf games on the 'Cube.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting The X: Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door.

Good game, but when it comes to RPGs on the Cube, I liked Fire Emblem, Tales of Symphonia, and the Baten Kaitos games better. They were more enjoyable and memorable for me. Still, it's a great game. I had lots of fun with the 100 Pit location after I defeated the game. I think I leveled up to 41 or something overly high like that. I kept wanting to have the ability to wear all the badges I could.

Posted by maian

Some of mine are multiplatform. At least, in games I loved a lot that most people I know didn't play much.

I loved LOTR:ROTK, and SSX3. They get some of my Cube's most playtime. And, I feel like F-Zero GX got a lot less recognition than it should've. I love that game to death.

Posted by Dexter

I thought F-Zero GX was the worst F-Zero game yet. It was way too difficult and it was too hard to crash people. Disappointing. I still like F-Zero X the best.

Posted by Zeta

Huh, I've never had a problem crashing people in GX. Hell, I think there were a few times where I managed to kill every CPU player. =/

Posted by Dexter

That happens often with F-Zero X. It was rad. GX changed how it worked for the worse.

Posted by Ant

I think Dexter is a moron.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Dexter: I thought F-Zero GX was the worst F-Zero game yet. It was way too difficult and it was too hard to crash people. Disappointing. I still like F-Zero X the best.

I never had any trouble playing it, cuz I managed to unlock everything. Also, I can usually kill 15-25 of the other racers in a single race if I want to. I think the way it works made the game much more challenging and enjoyable.

Quoting Zeta: Huh, I've never had a problem crashing people in GX. Hell, I think there were a few times where I managed to kill every CPU player. =/

I do that in like 1 out of every 4 races I run.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Dexter: That happens often with F-Zero X. It was rad. GX changed how it worked for the worse.

Too true! There wasn't enough spinning.

Posted by maian

Psh. I went back to playing FZX and I remembered how much I hated killing the people. I instantly mastered it in GX, and found it extremely easy and a lot more convienent to do.

As for the difficulty, that made it better, in my opinion. I don't ever want to complain of a game being "too hard", because in all honesty, hard games are few and far between these days. =/ I beat every cup on master with several characters, and every story mission on every difficulty before my memory was erased.

Posted by s0ul

Both Baten Kaitos games and killer7.

Posted by Poco

definantly killer 7. Fire emblem, too.

I'm getting another gamecube soon.

(not rich enough for a wii and games)

Posted by Ant

Ah yes, killer7! Very good game. Very under-rated!

Although the on-rails part was semi-bothersome, the story was amazing and one of the most in-depth stories ever to grace a game.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting The X: Too true! There wasn't enough spinning.

I know it. Spinning was the way to play. Just thinking about it makes me want to play the 64 version. Knocking the enemies or your friends off the road was a blast.

Posted by Bebop

Mario Sunshine.

People say this game is overrated but its not true. For a game to be ovverrated it needs to be loved my many but in fact be of poor quality. Quite the opposite for this title. Mario Sunshine, although certainly not the greatest GCN/Mario/Platformer around, had alot of good parts. People are too quick to dismiss this game because some of the levels and tasks are not as enjoyable or as good as Mario 64's but where it is good it shines through.

Gettit? Shines through? ;-)

Quoted post: For a game to be ovverrated it needs to be loved my many but in fact be of poor quality.

Not really. OoT is overrated but it's of superb quality.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Just thought of another one.

Luigi's Mansion. It was cool for about a week, then Smash Brothers hit shelves.

Posted by Bebop

Luigis Mansion was very underrated. All I hear people say was "lol wtf you CANT JNUMP lol wheres mario ts too short ninty is 4 teh kids lol!"

Posted by s0ul

Eh, I don't think Luigi's Mansion is that underrated. I mean, everyone has it and I think it was generally agreed upon that the game was alright to pretty good, wasn't it? It is like a 2 hour game, so I don't think it deserves much more recognition than that.

Posted by Bebop

Ive personally heard alot more negative things among owners of the game than good. I love Luigi and I think the came is great and as far as luanch titles go for any consoles its certianly one of the better and more unique ones. Still is always seemed people were to quick to bash the game because of the hoover :(

Posted by D.J Cat

*Warning: ****-lame pun approaching*

The vacuum sucked.
(Thats not my actual opinion, i just had to make the poor joke)

@ F-Zero GX: Yeah what are you talking about Dex, its soooo easy to kill people in GX.
Just pull up besdie someone and BAM!
or spin attack around corners/groups and it becomes a slaughter-fest.

@ Mario Sunshine: Loved it, played through it twice.
Absolutley loved every moment of it, Just the thought of being in that Pianata Village during the night missions...at night..so good.

Posted by ExoXile

Final Fantasy: CC.

With two or four people actually playing it with their GBA's.
I thought it was a stupid thing at first, but when a friend an I finally decided to both get a GBA, it was pretty awesome.

Posted by Shade

Boy guys. Animal Crossing is so underrated.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting ExoXile: Final Fantasy: CC.

With two or four people actually playing it with their GBA's.
I thought it was a stupid thing at first, but when a friend an I finally decided to both get a GBA, it was pretty awesome.

I would like to do that but going through all the trouble of getting so many GBA systems and cables just wouldn't be worth it. The idea was a failure.

Posted by Jaems

Eternal Darkness was just completely missed by so many people.
That's truly a shame. It's among my favorite GC titles.
The Sanity Meter just made it 10x better than any other survival horror game for me.

And, oh yes, I really though FZGX was underrated.
I absolutely loved that game. All it needed was online play. ;P

Posted by Creedence

I thing freedom fighters was underrated. Then again i hate communists and enjoy killing them. Theres just nothing quite like the feeling of killing a rusian or north vietnamese person, ya know?

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Dexter;542144]I would like to do that but going through all the trouble of getting so many GBA systems and cables just wouldn't be worth it. The idea was a failure.

The idea was unquestionably a failure.
However, if you did have all the components needed it's among one of the best multiplayer games I have ever played.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, definitely. Single player AND multiplayer modes were awesome.[/COLOR]

Posted by sonic hedgehog

FF:CC, Phantasy Star Online Ep.1&2(I'm the only person I know irl who has even heard of it from anywhere but me, let alone owns a copy), Megaman Network Transmission, Luigi's mansion, Zoids Battle Legends, Starfox Adventures, Yu-Gi-Oh: Falsebound Kingdom

the one thing that all these games(with the exeption of perhaps FF:CC) is that they're too bloody short.

Posted by Supermario

Zapper.

Zapper is like the game frogger except you play as a cricket (who can zap other bugs). This game is simple much like the game Frogger, but it is really fun because the levels are 3D and the multiplayer mode contains some good mini games. This game is underated. I give it atleast an 8 / 10.:)

Posted by Granasaber

Skies Of Arcadia Legends (though a port) Gotcha Force was a pretty awesome game no one seems to have played.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Lost Kingdoms 1 & 2 were great, I thought. Very unconventional action-RPGs with great environments, monsters, and music.

Darkened Skye was fun too once you modified the controls to your preferrence. Funny story.

Posted by junior senior

rocket power beach bandits

Posted by MarioStar

I bought toadstool tour and really enjoyed it I miss donkey konga it got killed by guitar hero lol I never played jungle beat...