Achievement points for Microsoft Points!!

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Achievement points for Microsoft Points!!

Remember way back when the 360 launched and people would constantly ask what was the point for achievements and why you just got an “empty number” and no rewards for getting a lot, like MS points?? Well you probably don’t if you don’t read the Xbox.com forums ‘cause that’s what all the threads where the first couple months after launch. What’s the point of achievements??

Well big news (for me at least)

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0205-xboxrewards.htm?WText.camp=TS1-XboxRewards&WText.campSrc=Home

And another from major nelson

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/02/06/the-experience-challenge-begins.aspx

According to Xbox.com I will be under level 3-10,000 achievement points+, I actually have currently 15,160 points =) So if I earn 1,500 achievement points by April 12th, I can get some MS points, an arcade game, an exclusive gamer picture and some more!

Read the links on how to sign up and so on, you don’t even need to have a gold live account access if I read correctly, just a working Microsoft network password on the computer. Double-check this, I am not to concerned since I had live for over 4+ years now. I just hope Feb. 12 I can register and don’t get left behind…. All that money I pumped into that market place, I best get in son!

Edit: So far this is only for US only, sorry Vamp...=(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

*** ****ing ****it. I was all excited and then read the edit. I bet I can't just change my location and **** either.

Also, too lazy to read the articles. But I have just over 5,000 points. What would I get?

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:

Also, too lazy to read the articles. But I have just over 5,000 points. What would I get?

* Level 1 (0 – 4,999 annual Gamerscore): You are developing your skills and gaining experience. Take some time to get used to the program and learn your way around. The Challenges will typically be easier and the rewards smaller.
* Level 2 (5,000 – 9,999 annual Gamerscore): We are going to turn up the heat a bit. You have proved that you know how to play and are willing to put in the gaming time to reap the benefits. The Challenges will get a bit more difficult. Never fear, the reward value goes up as well.
* Level 3 (over 10,000 annual Gamerscore): This is an arena filled with the who's who of gaming. We don't want to claim that Level 3 is an exclusive club, but if you find yourself winning Challenges here, you've obviously pulled out the big guns, so enjoy while it lasts.

And the prizes for this first Old Spice sponsored event:

* Level 1
The popular Xbox Live Arcade game Contra (rated: E10+) from Konami (Retail Value $5.00)
Exclusive Old Spice Level 1 Xbox Rewards gamer picture
An experience upgrade to Xbox Rewards Level 2
* Level 2
The popular Xbox Live Arcade game Contra (rated: E10+) from Konami
Exclusive Old Spice Level 2 Xbox Rewards gamer picture
100 Microsoft Points
An experience upgrade to Xbox Rewards Level 3
* Level 3
The popular Xbox Live Arcade game Contra (rated: E10+) from Konami
Exclusive Old Spice Level 3 Xbox Rewards gamer picture
200 Microsoft Points
Old Spice T-Shirt (Estimated Retail Value $10.00)
A copy of Fuzion Frenzy 2 game (rated: E10+) (Estimated Retail Value $50.00)

Those are ****ing ****ty prizes. Guess I'm not missing out on much.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

I will take a FREE arcade game I don't own all ready any day. Hay man, I would be excited if it was just a gamerpicture as a prize, after a year and a couple months of collecting achievements to up my gamerscore it's nice to see some prizes for my hard work. If it makes you feel any better Vamp I will take a picture of myself wearing nothing but the Old Spice Shirt when I get it, sound good!?

**** YEAH!

Posted by muffla

what if you already have contra and fuzion frenzy 2? is there any reason to take part in this? will the prizes change?

Posted by s0ul

Hm, I should borrow a 360 game and get into the level 2, only need like 200 or 300 to break the 5,000 mark. Doesn't help much that I haven't gotten a game since Gears of War, and before that it was... last February. LOL SHOOTERS ARENT THAT FUN

Posted by cool gamer dad

Rainbow Six? ^_________________________^

Posted by s0ul

Well, unfortunately I have to play Crackdown later this month, and I'm gonna try to pick up Lost Planet, so maybe I'll be rockin' free Contra HELL YEAH.

I'm not a big... Rainbow Six guy.

Posted by muffla

i already have contra but i will rent/buy king kong just to get into level two for the next round my gs is olny 1685 (i got my 360 in december)

Posted by Last Fog

I plan to sign up for this. A free $50 game, Contra, 200 MS points, and a free T-shirt! Who doesn't like free T-shirts?

Posted by muffla

is anybody else having trouble signing up?

i cant find out where to sign up

Posted by cool gamer dad

Haha, an Old Spice T-Shirt is too fitting.

Posted by s0ul

Wait, so can I wait til a few days when my gamerscore will be above 5,000 then register and be in the level 2 thing?

Posted by muffla

i dno thats why im asking

Posted by Last Fog

**** it i've been trying periodically all day and cant sign in .... anyone have any luck?

Posted by muffla

nope you have to sign in twice once for xbox.com and once for windos id

with fire fox i got to the second one

Posted by muffla

ok i finally signed in but i dno if i am registerd for the challange it sais that
Currently signed up for 0 Challenges
but at the top it sais increace your gamerscore by 1500 by april 12th

however when i click on it i get an error page http://xboxrewards.msgamestudios.com/error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/challengesandrewards/ChallengeDetail.aspx

Posted by Shakyl

i won already..i got everything because im level 3 :)

Posted by s0ul

I decided not to try because the prize quantities reeked of fail.

Posted by cool gamer dad

100 MICROSOFT POINTS!!

edit: dude, you only have 25 more to go!!!

Posted by s0ul

On top of another 1,500 after signing up. Jee wiz!

Posted by Al Borland

Anybody else feel like Microsoft is acting like one big collective jabroni and denying sign ups for this freaking thing? I've been trying to sign up for it since it started and it still won't let me. I want an Old Spice shirt so badly too.

Posted by Fate

I wouldn't mind having an Old Spice shirt even though I don't wear Old Spice. I just want to own it. <3

I'd only wear it because of their new commercial. Maybe I'm just easily amused.

Posted by Last Fog

**** this. I finished the contest yesterday, and went online to claim my prizes, and it says both Fuzion Frenzy and the T-shirt are out of stock. :grrr:

Honestly, they give us two months for this, and everything's already gone after a week. At least I get contra and a gamer pic. Yay.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

I got all 5 prizes for level 3, they had me confirm my mailing address for my game and shirt, agagaga!

How did I get 1,500 points you ask?

Pac Man-170
Miss Pac Man- 170
King Kong- 1000
Test Drive- 10
BomberMan Act Zero- 100 something

Having to beat King Kong and actually play BomberMan I should get some free swag....