Untold Legends

Posted by Captain Falcon

Untold Legends is an action-based RPG similar to Champions of Norrath. Adventurers quest around a fantasy world, acquiring treasure and equipment, killing monsters with weapons and magical spells, and pumping up their characters with experience points. The game will be in full 3D and feature randomly generated environments to keep things fresh. The game boasts more than 100 levels to explore, 150 beasts to slay, and hundreds and thousands of items to grab. The action isn't limited to solo adventurers--a cooperative mode supports four simultaneous players over the PSP's integrated wireless capabilities.Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade is rated "T" for Teen and has an SRP of $39.99. This is the first Sony PSP RPG game, and it's going to kick ***!

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

This would probably be the first game I would pick up, if I were getting a PSP immediately. It's looks good, although these types of games tend to be very short.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

Well I dought this will be short, (107 randomly generated levels) but yeah it's going to be the first game I get.

Posted by boomstick

Definately my #1 reason to buy a PSP, I loved games like Champions Of Norrath and Dark Alliance, it makes me drool thinking of that type of game on a handheld.

Posted by HappyCamper

The game is great, gut so long u can get realy sick of playing it.

Posted by boomstick

Wow, the games gotten pretty average reveiws.

IGN 7.6 out of 10
GameSpot 6.9 out of 10
GamePro 3.5 out of 5
1UP 8 out of 10
Yahoo! Games 7 out of 10

Oh well, the same was said about Champions: Return To Arms and still enjoyed that quite a bit, so I'll still check out Untold Legends when/if I get a PSP.

Posted by Captain Falcon

I dont know why it got such bad reviews. Its a hella fun game. I was playing for hours and hours when i got my psp.

Posted by Pit

Meh, I was checking the game out myself, didn''t look too interesting. Either way, these types of RPG's don't interest me. I'm more of the turn-based RPG fanatic myself. So I'd rather look into something along the lines of Golden Sun, Final Fantasy, etc. Plus, every trailer which I saw didn't depic any dialogue, which is something that I look for when purchasing an RPG. So the game doesn't look long, regardless it being fun or not. What's next on my list is Lumines, a game with infinite replay value and a puzzle game none the less. So I can basically just try to score higher every time I'm bored with whatever else I have on me PSP.

Posted by Boner

If you are a fan of CoN, you will like this game. I have only had it for 3 days now, and I already have a lvl 18 knight with gobs of strength and stamina. He literally tears through the enemies with the greatest of ease. I will have to get a wireless router soon so I can play these games online. Overall, Untold Legends is a very decent game.

Posted by Pit

Well, I'll give it a try. One of my friends bought this game, he's a huge RPG fanatic. Now, one question, how many characters can you have, just one? I mean, yeah, you control one, but how many can you have in storage for switching out and stuff. OH, and since you bring up online, I'll get it so that maybe me and you can have a play on it :cool:.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Pit: Well, I'll give it a try. One of my friends bought this game, he's a huge RPG fanatic. Now, one question, how many characters can you have, just one? I mean, yeah, you control one, but how many can you have in storage for switching out and stuff. OH, and since you bring up online, I'll get it so that maybe me and you can have a play on it :cool:.

That all depends on the size of your memory card i believe. But, there are only 4 classes to shoose from. It would be pointless to have several characters saved.

Posted by Pit

Ah, alright. I'll prolly have 4 characters due to their classes. I'll probably have more than that if this is one of the games were you can have these cool items... I'll probably exchange em back and forth and start new files, etc.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Pit: Ah, alright. I'll prolly have 4 characters due to their classes. I'll probably have more than that if this is one of the games were you can have these cool items... I'll probably exchange em back and forth and start new files, etc.

I'm not sure if the exchanging of items between the character files is possible. They do have some cool items though.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

Yeah, I tried every single one. Now I have a Lv 10 Berzerker, Lv 9 Alchemist, Lv 13 Knight, and Lv 26 Druid. So far that Matron Skullgra guy has been the hardest boss yet (took me like 2 hours of trying to beat him.)

Posted by Boner

Wow, it took ya that long? I was able to kill him on the first try. O_o

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

Yeah it took me forever, it even took me and my friend a couple of tries on Co-op to beat him. :P

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Captain Falcon: I dont know why it got such bad reviews. Its a hella fun game. I was playing for hours and hours when i got my psp.

That's not really bad, it's average to slightly below average.

If you recall Champions: Return To Arms got about the same type of reveiws, but I still enjoied it quite abit, so no real worries about low reveiws.

Posted by HappyCamper

It may have got bad reviews because not a lot of people like RPGs,its similar to a lot of other RPGs, but that just my opinion; and maybe because it can be hard to level up your player, like my knight lv. 27, its almost inpossible to lv. him up.