SNES Help

Posted by Shade

Well, I recently found an SNES upstairs in brothers room. Go figure. Anyway's, finding this new machine excited me, and now I want to explore it a bit. Can anybody give some suggestions of games? And if so, where to buy them?

God, I feel like a terrible newb for this post.

Posted by Inferno

It all depends what kind of games you like since there's something for everyone on this system. So depending on what genre you like the most there are tons of choices.

My Favorites:
Zelda: Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country 1,2,3
Super Metroid
Any of the Mario games
Final Fantasy 1,2 and pretty much every other RPG

The best place to buy games are pawn shops and the like but if you don't have any in your area eBay is the best place to look.

Posted by bazariah

i agree with every title inferno listed

i would also suggest

tmnt 4: turtles in time
super probotecter/ contra 3
unirally
pop 'n' twinbee
the star wars games
actraiser
sonic blastman
spiderman/venom maximum carnage
f-zero
super ghouls and ghosts
super castlevania 4
pilotwings
legend of the mystical ninja
battletoads
rainbow bell adventure
cybernator
barts nightmare

if you can find a place which has a selection of japanese imports look for
sd great battle 3 and xardion

Posted by William

Well, what type of games do you normally enjoy playing?

That'd help me suggest a few for you.

Posted by Proto Man

All the other games suggested are good, although I don't think you can get FF 1 on the SNES. You have to get Tetris Attack. Also get Kirby's Super Star, and Kirby's Dreamland 3

Posted by Crono

Kirby Super Star is definitely worth it, as is LoZ A Link to the Past. If you can get ahold of ChronoTrigger, by all means do so. All the Final Fantasy titles are good, and the Donkey Kong Country games are all enjoyable as well. Super Metroid rocks, and all the Star Wars games were pretty fun. Pitfall was okay, and Super Ghouls and Ghosts if you want something near impossible to beat. Star Fox looks horrible but is still a fun game, and the Mario games are good too. Yoshi's Island is an interesting one also...

Posted by Light

i had kirby dreamland 3 and it broke i loved it but go for most of the games written here also if you know of a shop like gamestop or somethign like that ask them they'll tell you who sells the games you want. at elast taht's what ido when looking for a game and can't find it

Posted by Ch

I found Michael Jordan:chaos in the Windy city a great game. I'm surprised no one has told you to get Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars yet. Jurrasic Park is also another great game. The Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma are also good games. Have fun.

Posted by Kaise Suratu

SNES is my favorite system. I don't play much of it though, since there are no releases. My favorite games I like to play are Super Mario RPG, Secret of Evermore, Super Gouls & Goblins, King Aurthor's World (side scrolling, borring, but tough game), Kirby Games, Mario Games, Zelda Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Illusion of Gaia, and Final Fantasy III. Kirby Dream Course is a fun game also.