Rotting Christ

Posted by Obscurum Contagiion

not sure if any of you guys listen/ or know of the band.

I got their new album today, and I love it !
It is one of the most epic sounding alums I have heard.

I highly suggest it for fans of extreme metal.

I own almost all of their albums, and this is my favorite one yet.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Not a fan.

And listen to Summoning for superior epicness.

I enjoy summoning, although I find a few songs a bit cheesy sounding, but none the less a great band.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

i'm going to be a judgemental bastard and say that i'd hate them, based solely on their name. i don't care what their explanation for it is, they could have a dude in the band actually named christ and who is physically rotting, but it's just a really stupid name.

so you will hate a band becasue of their name ?

whatever floats your boat man.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

with that name they're either trying to be edgy and hard/offensive, or they're trying to be ironic and goofy. either way, my time would be better spent listening to a band who is not rotting christ.

media-wise, judging books based on their cover is a perfectly fine way to go through life.

Quoting rivercitytecmo: with that name they're either trying to be edgy and hard/offensive, or they're trying to be ironic and goofy. either way, my time would be better spent listening to a band who is not rotting christ.

media-wise, judging books based on their cover is a perfectly fine way to go through life.

your sayign you can always tell what a band sounds like jsut by their name ???

sorry, but I dont think so.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

"sound" just doesn't do it for me. 'motivation' and the type of people that are actually creating the music are things that i care about. i'm not saying that i can tell what a band will sound like based on the name (read carefullly; nowhere did i mention 'sound'). i'm saying that i can easily know if i'll like a band based solely on the name. the band itself is in charge of their own name, and if they're picking something as stupid as "rotting christ", then my time would better be spent elsewhere.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

And lo, rct is right in this instance. Well done, sir.