Tyra Banks: Owned by WoW player

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[URL="http://www.destructoid.com/warcraft-junkie-fools-tyra-banks-wife-and-sea-of-women-in-a-tv-intervention-29500.phtml"]I'm super serial, guys.[/URL]

I'm assuming they didn't do much research about World of Warcraft past 'lol, it's a vidya-game!'.

Posted by Lord of Spam

i liked the part where she was like "lol its a video games its not like you're interacting with people or anything". also, lol'd at shredding the discs. Good thing its not like you can play without them once its installed...

...oh wait.

Posted by Shade

HAH!

Wow, his fiance is retarded.

Posted by Iris

Haha! He's addicted to a World of Warcraft.

Posted by KoH

That "doctor" guy really ****es me off.

Posted by S

...I'm crying. I'm laughing myself to tears, oh ***.

Posted by Bebop

The really funny thing is that World of Warcraft is a truly awful game.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Five bucks says 'bop sucks at it.

Posted by Slade

Anyone notice how people tend to treat gamers like little kids? That guy really wasn't showing a lot of guts, though, anyways. I'd like to see a guy get on there, "Of course I'm playing WoW; Just look at how fat this ***** is!"

But still, lol hi-five

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Lord of Spam: Five bucks says 'bop sucks at it.

I'll have you know my skill at running around aimlessly for 16 hours, performing the same meaningless task over and over just to see a number rise is just as high as the other level 17 rouges out there. Seriously this game was such a disappointment.

Posted by Kit

Go to instances or go PvP or something. Those are what make the game good, really.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Bebop;530561]The really funny thing is that World of Warcraft is a truly awful game.

YOUR BRO PLAYS IT.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bebop: I'll have you know my skill at running around aimlessly for 16 hours, performing the same meaningless task over and over just to see a number rise is just as high as the other level 17 rouges out there. Seriously this game was such a disappointment.

haha, bebop couldnt get past barrens.

9/10s of the game is meant to be enjoyed at 70. Its the end game pvp and instances that are what gives it the most fun (specifically pvp, since that has pretty much unlimited replay value.)

Posted by KoH

We all know that hitting the final level cap (originally 60 and now 70) is a tremendous *****. The only enjoyable parts happen when you gain a new ability. Currently I'm struggling to hit 70 after just being too **** bored with the entire level grinding ****.

Posted by Lord of Spam

From what I've heard theres enough quests in outlands to take you to 70 without ever having to really grind at all. And new abilities be ****ed, I want end game raids and pvp. Cant wait to start getting huge groups from my guild together to just go kill alliance cities.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I think the Guild Wars idea, where you select your starting level, is pretty awesome. You still have to work hard to get armour and weapons, but the incessant grinding isn't there. Shame the game as a whole is lacklustre. :(

Posted by S

Quoting The X: I think the Guild Wars idea, where you select your starting level, is pretty awesome. You still have to work hard to get armour and weapons, but the incessant grinding isn't there. Shame the game as a whole is lacklustre. :(

Speaking from a perspective that isn't WoW or Guild Wars(Though I've played it.), typically if you do that - people end up being real noobs and don't understand their jobs quite as well as those who force their way up via grinding. You learn a lot about your job, game mechanics, maps, etc when you do things like that. If you're just in it for PvP, yeah sure I suppose but you could miss out on some major information in your first, second and even third character that could've been learned had you grinded your first time up. Typically in FFXI, people that buy accounts that are already maxed, are given accounts, or are just flat out idiots that get power level'd to 75 because of their job class, they tend to suck horribly.

Posted by Kit

Speaking of PvP, today I realised how weak Sentinel Hill is. You can solo killing all of the NPCs and guards at level 50, then players show up and it gets fun. You don't lose durability because you're getting killed by 70s and the lowbies are acting as if they actually did damage to you.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Kit: Speaking of PvP, today I realised how weak Sentinel Hill is. You can solo killing all of the NPCs and guards at level 50, then players show up and it gets fun. You don't lose durability because you're getting killed by 70s and the lowbies are acting as if they actually did damage to you.

Sentinel Hill's probably one of the best areas in the game for PVP. Horde show up, kill the lowbies doing quests and the guardian NPCs, then due to its proximity to Stormwind, you can watch the whole Alliance charge over the hill at you. Plus, the graveyard is about six seconds away.

Posted by Sage Shadows

Would've been better if the guy grabbed the last disc and ran.

But seriously, Tyra, game-manual get.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I laughed so hard I was in tears. What is to prevent him from going out and buying another copy? It's freaking $20 now. And I bet you anything he is still going to play it. Shredding the disks doesnt do ****. It was a waste of time for all of them. What they need to do is break up. If I had to look at the cow every morning, I would play the game for 40 hours a week and sleep on the couch.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I think you're missing something entirely. he doesnt even have to buy a new copy, his original is still installed. they litterally did nothing. Its like throwing away teh box a ps2 game came in but letting them keep the disk and then thinking that they wont play the game.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Lord of Spam: I think you're missing something entirely. he doesnt even have to buy a new copy, his original is still installed. they litterally did nothing. Its like throwing away teh box a ps2 game came in but letting them keep the disk and then thinking that they wont play the game.

I dont own WoW, so I actually wouldnt know. But that makes that whole thing even funnier!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Lord of Spam: haha, bebop couldnt get past barrens

What are you talking about you silly negro?

Dont get me wrong, World Of Warcraft is defiantly the best hiking simulator out there but its certainly not my cup of tea. Especially if I have to waste good knows how many months so I can get to level 70 for it to finally get fun. Someone else needs to remind Blizzard that games should be fun from the get go.

Posted by Lord of Spam

1) the fact that you think of it as a hiking simulator shows that you quit while you were still so low level that you didnt get to do anything very fun
2) there are already geared 70 blood elves and drenea (i'll never remember hwo to spell that:/) which means that they not only levelto to 70 from 0 in less than 2 months, but also managed to go through enough late game content to get good gear as well.

In short, lawl noob gg. you failed at wow and then blamed it for you sucking nuts.

Posted by S

Quoting Lord of Spam: 1) the fact that you think of it as a hiking simulator shows that you quit while you were still so low level that you didnt get to do anything very fun
2) there are already geared 70 blood elves and drenea (i'll never remember hwo to spell that:/) which means that they not only levelto to 70 from 0 in less than 2 months, but also managed to go through enough late game content to get good gear as well.

In short, lawl noob gg. you failed at wow and then blamed it for you sucking nuts.

Or some people are of the belief that fun should be capitalized and be part of the process, rather than a mindless tredge to 70? Endgame is all nice and dandy but I do agree things should be more fun in the early stages than some of the current MMO's put out... however, it is what you make of it Bebop. If you are annoyed by the running, that's fine but that's not the sole reason you quit(Mind you, FFXI is much worse as far as long runs go. It gets better the stronger, and more acquainted with the game you get though.) - obviously there were other reasons. The game can be fun in the early levels if you want it to be, and play it that way. When no one was at the level cap yet, I'm sure people were still having fun.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Lord of Spam: 1) the fact that you think of it as a hiking simulator shows that you quit while you were still so low level that you didnt get to do anything very fun

Every day you amaze me with how much of a retard you are. Obviously anyone with an I.Q higher than a common house plant could see I was exaggerating and wouldnt get so worked up like a fanboy or see the need to challenge it but to make it clearer to understand for those with mental difficulties such as yourself I'll counter your 'points'

1> When you start the game many of the quests involve you running to the opposite side of the map to collect/kill something and coming straight back. Does this not seem like hiking to you? Is the idea of walking long unnessacry distances in a game seem retarded, annoying and boring to you? What else is there to do thats fun? Please tell me. Please. Please tell me if quests later on in the game dont involve this? Ive spoken to all my friends who play it religiously and the thing that is the most fun comes down to riding an animal (which you acquire at high levels which is great because as said before I love to buy a game only to enjoy it when Ive finished it and not before) or playing with friends. Wow. Great. Fair point. If Im going to perfrom coma inducing 'tasks' I'd at least want some company. What a great game where the only thing fun about it is the chat! Excellent!
2>I meant months of casual play. I wasnt reffering to the people who play it every waking moment. I was referring to the game time a normal person with a life would take to reach that level. The people who go into the sunlight, wash on a regular basis and engage with activites with the opposite sex. If you find the idea of reaching a high level like that in no time to be quite normal you must be one of those fat pimply ugly sad guys South Park recreated so well. You remind me of those Star Treks geeks who will opnely defend SDtar Trek to the point of a fight to the death with anyone who calls Star Trek "pretty boring". All while wearing Spock ears and sporing a Picard tattoo of course.

The game is boring as hell. At least other linear MMORPGs like Phantasy Star have a deeper form of interaction. You actually hit the monsters in that one. Theres nothing in WOO to make me care about anything I'm doing or anything to make it feel like Im doing anything. It all feels hollow and fake. WOW is simply just lame. I dont just hate it because I was spending most of my time pressing down the up key. I hate it because when it comes down to it all Im doing is walking far, performing boring tasks just so I can high enough level to go to ANOTHER location and repeat the entire process again.

[quote=KOH]YOUR BRO PLAYS IT.

Quite different. He plays ot for the sake of playing a game with his girlfriend. He doesnt take any enjoyment in the game itself but if he did he'd be eating the back of his hand because I remember when I bought the game he bashed it calling it boring a game where you simply watched a number get bigger. "Nonsense!" I said "It's fun and theres loads to do and its really engrossing and the battles are great and the quests are fun its not boring at all!". How wrong I was.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Bebop: Quite different. He plays ot for the sake of playing a game with his girlfriend. He doesnt take any enjoyment in the game itself but if he did he'd be eating the back of his hand because I remember when I bought the game he bashed it calling it boring a game where you simply watched a number get bigger. "Nonsense!" I said "It's fun and theres loads to do and its really engrossing and the battles are great and the quests are fun its not boring at all!". How wrong I was.

I doubt he's playing it just for the sake of his girlfriend. My girlfriend plays Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy incessantly, and I have no desire ever to get involved.

Posted by Iris

Guys, you don't understand the real point behind Warcraft it's more than a game!

I'd rather play MapleStory. It may be just as gay, but at least it's free.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting The X: I doubt he's playing it just for the sake of his girlfriend. My girlfriend plays Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy incessantly, and I have no desire ever to get involved.

Thats what he told me. Considering he was very agianst me buying it (I should have listened to him!) I doubt he's taken to the dullness of it all.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bebop: Every day you amaze me with how much of a retard you are. Obviously anyone with an I.Q higher than a common house plant could see I was exaggerating and wouldnt get so worked up like a fanboy or see the need to challenge it but to make it clearer to understand for those with mental difficulties such as yourself I'll counter your 'points'

1> When you start the game many of the quests involve you running to the opposite side of the map to collect/kill something and coming straight back. Does this not seem like hiking to you? Is the idea of walking long unnessacry distances in a game seem retarded, annoying and boring to you? What else is there to do thats fun? Please tell me. Please. Please tell me if quests later on in the game dont involve this? Ive spoken to all my friends who play it religiously and the thing that is the most fun comes down to riding an animal (which you acquire at high levels which is great because as said before I love to buy a game only to enjoy it when Ive finished it and not before) or playing with friends. Wow. Great. Fair point. If Im going to perfrom coma inducing 'tasks' I'd at least want some company. What a great game where the only thing fun about it is the chat! Excellent!
2>I meant months of casual play. I wasnt reffering to the people who play it every waking moment. I was referring to the game time a normal person with a life would take to reach that level. The people who go into the sunlight, wash on a regular basis and engage with activites with the opposite sex. If you find the idea of reaching a high level like that in no time to be quite normal you must be one of those fat pimply ugly sad guys South Park recreated so well. You remind me of those Star Treks geeks who will opnely defend SDtar Trek to the point of a fight to the death with anyone who calls Star Trek "pretty boring". All while wearing Spock ears and sporing a Picard tattoo of course.

The game is boring as hell. At least other linear MMORPGs like Phantasy Star have a deeper form of interaction. You actually hit the monsters in that one. Theres nothing in WOO to make me care about anything I'm doing or anything to make it feel like Im doing anything. It all feels hollow and fake. WOW is simply just lame. I dont just hate it because I was spending most of my time pressing down the up key. I hate it because when it comes down to it all Im doing is walking far, performing boring tasks just so I can high enough level to go to ANOTHER location and repeat the entire process again.

Quite different. He plays ot for the sake of playing a game with his girlfriend. He doesnt take any enjoyment in the game itself but if he did he'd be eating the back of his hand because I remember when I bought the game he bashed it calling it boring a game where you simply watched a number get bigger. "Nonsense!" I said "It's fun and theres loads to do and its really engrossing and the battles are great and the quests are fun its not boring at all!". How wrong I was.

Its odd, I just started a tauren druid, and from 1-12, I can think of maybe 2 quests that required enough running to consider annoying, and even then I was killing things on the way, gaining not only xp but leveling skinning and leather working as well. When I started my orc warlock it required a tad more running than tauren, but still nowhere near enough to make "hiking simulator" anywhere near even a jokingly accurate description.

As for what else there is to do thats fun, try rereading what I've already said. Endgame raids and pvp (hell, even earlier level pvp) is tremendous fun. On top of that, there are numerous instances and outdoor challenges that can be taken up while leveling that will provide amusement.

As for mounts, you get a basic mount at 40, an epic at 60, and a lfying mount for outlands at 70. Huh, I didnt realize 40 was the end of the game; sorry.

Also, I like how you assume that just because I dont suck *** at the game I must be one of the nerds you described. Too bad I work 40+ hours a week and go to school full time as well. OH NOES. A GUY WHO IS BETTER AT WoW THAN ME ALSO HAS A SOCIAL LIFE!!1!

On the plus side, with this, ,your most recent despllay of total idiocy, you've highlighted the fact that you fail not only in real life, but WoW as well. GG nub, no re.

Posted by Bebop

You must have been extremely lucky to not get boring quest after boring quest. As for me and my friends who even admit there (who I remind you treat it like it came directly from ***) is too much running around quests. Christ they're not even that interesting to beign with! "got and fetch me some spider babies". Awesome. Seriously I'm engrossed. It's like I'm actually there. It's like I actually care.
And getting to level 40 would take quite a while of casual play. Considering I thought however long I put into that game was too much I cant imagine someone saying "yep Im going to sit through all this crap because I heard you can ride something later. totally worht it llo". And by casual play I mean playing it every now and again and not enjoying it at all because its so boring. The ability to have 'fun' in this game doesnt start straight away. Thats the biggest problem you dont seem to be grasping. Which amuses me.
I dont give a **** if youre better than WOW at me. Theres no evidence to back up that claim either but to be perfectly honest its not that impressive and really funny that someone feels the need to say that as if they're some greater being, all triggered because another human being doesnt like Warcraft. "LOL IM BETTER AT YOU BECAUSE MY LEVEL 59 DRUID AND RESISTANCE AGAINT FIRE". I'm sure you've seen all that crap before? It's sad, fasnboyish like and just retarded. Someone saying theyre good at Warcraft to me is like saying they can rape their sister and get away with it. Its not clever or remotely cool and why would anyone want to do that in the first place? I also enjoyed how you misread my comment and didnt quite understand that. I thought it was lol. I'm used to you misreading and pulling crap out of nowhere so it's not as funny as other times, but it made me giggle nonetheless.
I never tried PVP and from what Ive seen and heard ot raids that dont seem that fun in WOW. If I'm going to raid in a game I'd want to feel like I'm actually doing something or actually hitting a monster or wahever. And to be honest I couldnt care less if I didnt play them. Ive always preferred the single play adventures in MMORPGS and if Im going to have human interaction Id prefer it was co-op. Way to fail again.

What I find really amusing is that you think I fail at life because I didnt like WOW. I could point out how lame and stupid that is but I think I'm done clearly pointing out the flaws of WOW. This latest serious of posting all stemmed from you going skitz at disagreement. Stop treating WOW like the word of the Lord and stop trying to convince me I'm missing out on the greatest thing since kittens. Im not. You're not going to change my opinion on this game. You seem to forget I was exceited to buy this and play. You seem to forget I was disappointed and put enough time into. I didnt just waltz on for 2 minutes. I bought it, played it, played it with friends and was dissapointed.
At the end of the day Spam the game is easily one of the biggest video game disappointments Ive had and its certainly an overrated terrible game to begin with. It's just hollow and empty and not remotely engrossing. Even underneath the crap presentation you get to the gameplay which is nothing special even as far as MMOPRGS go. t's truly a crap game
And also to get back on topic that video wasnt even funny. Liking WOW is irrelevant to this video. The only thing I found funny in the video is that I cant understand why anyone would want to conitnue playing this terrible game longer than I did.

Posted by Lord of Spam

"I never tried PVP and from what Ive seen and heard ot raids that dont seem that fun in WOW"

hey guys i skipped all the stuff thats meant to comprise the majority of the game so obviously im right when i say it sucks rite? lol

Seriously, how retarded are you? Oh, and you failing at life has nothing to do with you failing at warcraft. Thats why I said you fail at both (though your inability to understand a point as simple as that is why you fail at life, if you want an example.

Posted by Bebop

I never tried it because I dont care for Player VS Player in MMORPGS. I said that.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Bebop;536696]Quite different. He plays ot for the sake of playing a game with his girlfriend. He doesnt take any enjoyment in the game itself but if he did he'd be eating the back of his hand because I remember when I bought the game he bashed it calling it boring a game where you simply watched a number get bigger. "Nonsense!" I said "It's fun and theres loads to do and its really engrossing and the battles are great and the quests are fun its not boring at all!". How wrong I was.

Quests are boring. :(

PVPing is fun.

Well, I have a feeling that while not fully addicted, Speedy'd still play WoW even if he had something else to do and free-time permitted it. And also, if he only plays it because Kayla plays it then how come he's like 10 levels higher than she is? :(

Btw, who would've thought that a thread with Tyra Banks' name in it would actually last longer than 5 posts?