Valentine's Day!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's Valentine's Day soon, so what is everyone doing? I know there's already a purchase thread, but I'm pretty nosey. Anyone going to make some moves on a hawt laydee, or dude, or whatever? If you're already dating, what are you doing, if anything?

Last year, I got into a big fight with my girlfriend for failing to not adhere to her 'WE HAVE TO PRETEND VALENTINES DAY DOESNT EXIST' rule. I didn't bother recognising the occassion at all, just like she requested, and as a result I was ignored for the best part of a week.

This year, I have decided just to go ahead and get stuff. A book of illustration and Final Fantasy XII are in order! I originally planned to buy a preowned copy of X and just paste a 'II' at the end, hoping to go unnoticed and save

Posted by Omni

I'll be celebrating my birthday, and I'm single, so probably not much else unless someone surprises me, which most likely isn't going to happen, though it'd be nice.

As for what you could do, I'd recommend getting her some nice jewelry or something like that. Girls I've dated always appreciated the thought, and they could tell that I wasn't cheaping out on them.

Posted by Shade

I've got lunch plans with Slade. ;)

Posted by Phantasma2

The real question is, "what should I do?" I'm asking this seriously, I hate this day only for the fact that I never know what do to in it =/

halp guyz? ;_:

Posted by Shade

Get her a breast pump. Chicks dig preperation.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Shade32: I've got lunch plans with Slade. ;)

That's so cute! LOL...

Posted by WackoHater2

My Valentine's Day this year is pretty much ruined. There is a Valentine's Day dance at school, but I am not going because Amber can't go. She is grounded. Her mom isn't letting us hang out on Valentine's Day either. Her mom is a douche bag half of the time. Amber will be babysitting while her mom and step dad go out and have fun. Whatever though. If I don't think about it it's not so bad. It just ****es me off that I finally have someone to make Valentine's Day more than just another crappy day for me and I can't even see her.

Posted by Omni

Panic, try calling her when her parents are out.

Posted by WackoHater2

[quote=Pretty Hate Machine;531871]Panic, try calling her when her parents are out.

Her sister's will tell on her and she'll get in trouble. I'll just forget about it.. or maybe I'll go to grandmother's house or something. It's really not a big deal. I am making it out to be more than it is.

Posted by Shade

Panic, get a new girlfriend. An attractive one.

*waits for de rep*

Posted by WackoHater2

I'm not gonna de-rep you, Shade. I really don't care what you or anyone else on VGC has to say about me, my girlfriend, etc. I come here to have fun and post. There are a few members that are extremely cool and nice to me, and they make the jerk offs like Vamp, Klarth, and most recently, you, worth coming here at all.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Shade2323332: I've got lunch plans with Slade. ;)

yesssss

Wait lol has it already happened? I'm so bad with remembering dates... I only know like what day Christmas is on and that's pretty much it.

Posted by Xenos

Studying.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Slade: Wait lol has it already happened? I'm so bad with remembering dates... I only know like what day Christmas is on and that's pretty much it.

St. Valentine's Day falls on February 14th every year.

Posted by Slade

HEY THANKS A LOT

Posted by Kit

I get 3 hours off school lol.

As for my plans...same thing I do everyday :(

Posted by Yonaka

I'm hoping for school to be cancelled. Our class had the bright idea of selling carnations for a dollar. This is highly depressing seeing as no one ever buys one for me. :( Ah well. I hate Valentine's day. It's really pointless.

Posted by WackoHater2

Well, if there is school tomorrow I'll be hanging out with Amber after all. If not, then I'll sit home and be bored all day.

Posted by Omni

Panic, you will never be bored as long as thoughts of Freddie Mercury are within your head.

Posted by WackoHater2

Well, I had a really good Valentine's Day after all. Amber did get to come over for a few hours after school and the little bit of time we spent together was awesome. Then when she left I fapped to Freddie Mercury.

Posted by Yonaka

I didn't have school, I was bored, but I did get to talk to this really awesome guy for two hours on AIM. Now I'm considering getting my ear gauged. But still, today we had school. The carnations were delivered, and as I suspected I didn't get one. :( I feel so unloved.

Posted by WackoHater2

[quote=Blaise;537731]I didn't have school, I was bored, but I did get to talk to this really awesome guy for two hours on AIM. Now I'm considering getting my ear gauged. But still, today we had school. The carnations were delivered, and as I suspected I didn't get one. :( I feel so unloved.

Ear gages are so disgusting.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SO IS YOUR FUKKEN FACE PANIC :mad:

lol i indirectly defended AIDs

Posted by Dexter

I had a nice time. We went to a few decent, interesting places in Portland. Our favorite part was simply observing all the other romantic couples. Had lots of laughs with that.

Posted by Yonaka

They're not really all that disgusting. And the one I'm thinking of getting is really small.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Panic: I'm not gonna de-rep you, Shade. I really don't care what you or anyone else on VGC has to say about me, my girlfriend, etc. I come here to have fun and post. There are a few members that are extremely cool and nice to me, and they make the jerk offs like Vamp, Klarth, and most recently, you, worth coming here at all.

BOO ****ING HOO IT'S THE INTERNET. FAT PEOPLE GET CALLED UNATTRACTIVE. GET OVER IT.

and you named 3 cool ppl, yolol he's gonna read this cuz he never left

Posted by Slade

Quoting Dexter: I had a nice time. We went to a few decent, interesting places in Portland. Our favorite part was simply observing all the other romantic couples. Had lots of laughs with that.

Woah, Dex, buddy, you live closer to me than I had thought. When are you going to visit? :smoochie:

And yeah, I ended up just sitting around at home. I should have gone out and done something with this girl. For some reason I thought it would be weird if I asked her on a date, but now I wish I had. :mad:

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Slade: Woah, Dex, buddy, you live closer to me than I had thought. When are you going to visit? :smoochie:

We should go to a concert together sometime. Maybe next time Sigur Ros are in town. We'll have a gay old time! :love:

Posted by Shade

Sigur Ros... Sugar Ray?

Posted by Dexter

Sugar Ray is so 1999. I had some good times with them though. Are they still doing shows or even around as a band still? I don't hear much about them.

Sigur Ros is superior. They put on a great show, too. I've seen them two times now and I'd easily go again if they came to Portland, which they probably are. They're music videos are wonderful. Check them out. They have plenty of their full songs on their website and I believe they also share their music videos.

And they're gayer than the Goo Goo Dolls.

Posted by Yonaka

I want to see AFI and Bullet For My Valentine in concert. That would be so amazing. One of those two bands needs to come to Chicago. I could totally make that work.

Posted by Dexter

I saw AFI back when I was more into them. They were ok live, but I remember seeing Offspring around the same time and they were way better.

Posted by Shade

The only concert I've been to is the Vans Warped Tour last summer when some of my friends went down to Columbus to see our other friend who moved there. Sad thing is, I don't like the music they played there. =\ Although Anti-Flag put on a good show.

My life is sad.

Posted by Yonaka

Offspring is pretty cool. I have a couple of their songs. But AFI is still better. I wanna see one of their shows while their touring with Rancid.

Posted by Shade

I need to see Dream Theater live.
And Porcupine Tree.

Posted by Omni

Three words: Nine Inch Nails

Posted by Yonaka

I need to see them too.
AFI (Perferably with Rancid)
Bullet For My Valentine
My Chemical Romance
Nine Inch Nails
Muse
Fall Out Boy
Rob Zombie
Panic!At The Disco
I need to see them all. In that order.

Posted by Dexter

I saw Porcupine Tree. It was before I was really into them though.

And there's no way AFI are better than Offspring. Dexter and Noodles know how to rawk live.

EDIT: Blaise, you have awful taste in music!

Posted by Omni

There's only 2 bands I consider worth seeing on that list.

Posted by Yonaka

I know what ones they are too.

@ Dexter: I do not. I just have different tastes than you. AFI is totally better. They're just not as funny.

Posted by Dexter

Nah, I used to have taste like you, then I upgraded. You will too. You'll see.

Posted by Yonaka

Never. I do however have a wide range of tastes. Those are just the bands I'm concentraiting on at the moment. I also wanna see 30 Seconds To Mars. They're awesome. Forgot them earlier.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Dexter: Nah, I used to have taste like you, then I upgraded. You will too. You'll see.

Gary Stadler?

Posted by Dexter

No way. I still like his music. I had her taste back in, like, 1999 up until about 2001-2002.

Have you heard anything from Gary? Give me your gmail and I'll send you some of his material. Good stuff. Best while falling alseep. Good nature theme and euphonious female vocals.

Posted by Shade

[email]shadexh@gmail.com[/email]

Send away, my good man!

Posted by Dexter

Sent one. Hope you enjoy. Tell me what you think.

Posted by Omni

Hey, Dexter, how about uploading something to my blog sometime?

Posted by Xenos

I didn't expect to do much for Valentines Day since I usually refuse to celebrate such holidays, but I ended up surrendering for lunch and a long walk around the campus taking photos for my Journalism class.

I can't really understand why a friend of mines spend money so lavishly, despite of the fact that he often causes his girlfriend grief from other sources. Eighty dollars for a large bouquet of roses and approximately fourty for dinner. Ah well, I guess I have a different perspective of Valentines Day.

What about you folks out there?

Posted by Arcadios

I was satisfied on Valentine's Day with what I did but satisfaction doesn't always equal happiness.
:(

Posted by Yonaka

I was extremely bored, and all I got from people outside my family was two comments on my myspace page.

Posted by Shade

Facebook > Myspace

Posted by Zeta

Valentine's ist ovar. Thread Locke Cole.

Posted by Shade

But random discussion is still fun.
AND QUIT TAUNTING ME WITH FF6. I want to GBA version so bad. :(

Posted by Zeta

THE FINEST FANTASY

Posted by Shade

I hate three. My summoner doesn't have any summons besides Bahamur, Catastro, and Leviathan.

wtf

Posted by Zeta

You're supposed to buy the others in Magic Shops. =/

Posted by Omni

Shade is a newbie. Even I'd have been able to figure that out, and I don't play FF games.

Posted by booyah719

Quoting Blaise: I was extremely bored, and all I got from people outside my family was two comments on my myspace page.

That's two more than I got on mine. Oh well.

That day, I wrote a love letter/apology to my ex, had bought a lousy $3 plastic rose, then guilted myself into buying a real bouqet. Went to my 4 o'clock class to take a test, left, went to her house, and talked with her parents for a while; she was asleep from working a graveyard shift or some such. I think I wandered around town for a little, then went home and did the usual nothing. Hooray!

Posted by Yonaka

No one bought anything for me on Valentine's Day. :(

Posted by Shade

Boo hoo. It's barely even a holiday anymore.
OH GIVE ME STUFF! WHAT I DIDN'T GET ANYTHING WAAAAAAAAH!!!
Jeebus.