Firefox is deceiving me! =(

Posted by Linkman

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with it, or if someone screwed with it, but several things aren't right:

- Wont run MySpace.com (don't really care, but it suggests a JavaScript problems).
- Some sites (G-Mail) can't save cookies.
- Animated GIF images don't work. (this saddens me!)

Help? :(

Posted by Trigger

Uninstall, re-install.

Posted by Linkman

tried, failed

Basically, uninstalling it is no good, I need to wipe it's entire existence from my computer, to the point were it's like I never had it. If I uninstall it like normal, it just reinstalls back to how it was, even if I remove it from Program Files. How do I get rid of it completely?

[quote]Proto Man agrees: Get IE 7?

...never.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Get Opera?

Or maybe try a system restore to a point before this happened.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Linkman: ...never.

Why? It works. Never had a problem with the final version yet.

Quoting Linkman: How do I get rid of it completely?

Registry, it sounds like there are still keys left over or something. You might need to go though and find and delete those keys, which can be a pain in the neck. Although I would think doing add/remove programs would completely remove everything. Also, I would run a regular search on your computer and find any instances of Fire fox. There maybe other files such as .dll's in other folders.

Posted by Fate

Get rid of that script blocker thing. It worked for me. Also, IE Tab.

Posted by Jaems

IE7 = Lame.
Opera's really the only browser other than FF that I'd reccomend. :/
Or try using Registry Mechanic. It helped a friend of mine when he had troubles with FireFox. ;o

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Proto Man: Why? It works. Never had a problem with the final version yet.

Same here, and I think it's alot better than FF.

Posted by Alastor

I guess try Opera. I've never had problems with Firefox 2. Had a few with Firefox 1, but they were pretty minor. Not enough to make me try Opera, and since I've had such success with Firefox 2, I still haven't gotten around to trying Opera. Can't be any worse than IE 7, though. Try Registry Mechanic, then if that doesn't work, go for Opera.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Tiptoegecko: Same here, and I think it's alot better than FF.

I guess you guys like it when your pages load super slow. Firefox has always been faster for myself and everyone else I've talked to about it.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: I guess you guys like it when your pages load super slow. Firefox has always been faster for myself and everyone else I've talked to about it.

It's the same for me. No slower or faster, except with FF, it always crashes every freaking time an update comes around. Always. I got fed up with it and I personally thing IE 7 is much better than FF.

Posted by Linkman

I fixed it all. Problem was someone screwing around with a Plug In I have called Web Developer. They blocked animations and cookies, and MySpace wasn't working because of a JavaScript issue.

Fixed and disabled the plug in.

So yeah, FF is still king, and IE7 is still crap. I used to have Opera. It isn't bad.