Tales of the Ganked

Posted by Lord of Spam

The purpose of this thread is to post your best stories of ganks, either giving or receiving. If its funny, post it.

Back when I was at lower levels, I'd soulstone myself, and then run flagged through areas I had no business being in. Of course, I'd get attacked mecilessly. Too bad for them I had a lvl 60 rogue stealthed behind me at all times;)

Another favorite tactic is to flag for pvp in neutral cities, and challenge alliance players to duels (specifically any class that opens with a cast spell, so mages in particular). I'd challenge them to a duel, then hit enter and type /conceed, and then wait for them to start casting, at which point I would hit enter again. When their spell hits, it hits outside of combat, and on a flagged party... in a neutral town. the guards aggro them, and they die, not only suffering the indignity of having their corpse in the middle of town, but also taking durability damage (since they were killed by an NPC). Ive done that so much in Gadgetzan that its not funny.

My personal favotire gank though was a failed gank against me and a druid last night in Felwood. I was a 51 affliction lock, and the druid I was with was 52 and full balance. As we were running through the Shadow Hold, we passed a 55 Human warrior, so of course we both flagged and /chicken'd him mercilessly, but he wouldnt attack. We moved on, and did our face rape thign on the mobs. We had just gotten down to the last mob in a big room when the fighter showed back up with 2 of his buddies, a 53 mage and a 54 druid. of course, they choose to attack us as were in combat. Thing was, I was about 50 xp away from dinging in an area where I got 200xp per kill... and had a mob full of dots. so they attack me, i fear the last i had just pulled, and then turn around and dot all of them while they try to kill the druid. he pops his 41 point (summons the swarm of treants, forgot what its called). i see the mage start to cast sheep on me (<3 enemy cast bar) so I deathcoil his ***... and then ding 52. the dots I had put on the mob had been enough to kill it, so i leveled mid fight. from there it was rediculously easy to just keep them feared and dot'd, and me and the druid walked out over their corpses. good times.