Gamecube Online?

Posted by gamecorner

Have u ever thought about wat would haappen if the gamecube was online? It would have worked out pretty good. Heck, it probably would have been better than xbox live. The following games could have been online.
Animal Crossing
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
SSBM
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Party Games
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sports Games
Call of Duty
Custom Robo
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Ghost Recon
Golden Eye Rouge Agent
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
NFS Underground
NFS Underground 2
Rainbow 6
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Tetris Worlds
and a bunch of other games

Posted by D.J Cat

It is.

Only with Mario Kart, Kirby's Air Ride and 1080 Avalanche as far as I know though.

You can play it through Warp Pipe if you have a broadband adaptor.

The website is [url]www.warppipe.com[/url] ...

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, we've all thought about it.

Posted by Megatron

It's already online. We have the Phantasy Star Online series. Nintendo and 3rd parties just don't care to take the time to give us online options and think we'll be happy with their neutered version of the game.

Posted by Shade

Wow, Phantasy Star Online. That'll keep you awake for a about three seconds. I just hope that Nintendo comes to it's senses with the DS.

Posted by Darkbackward

There are potentially 2 online games coming out that look very, very, interesting.

But then again, one could be only released in japan, whilst another may be for the next gen or not even an mmo at all!

Posted by boomstick

I think the GCN would have done better with some type of online program. With so much different fun multiplayer games, it would've been nice to see some online action.

Posted by Speedfreak

Maybe, but not that much better. Xbox Live penetration is about 8%, considering that Microsoft have yet to make ANYTHING from Xbox, I think Nintendo made a very wise decision to put off online for now.

Posted by loony636

Gamecube is already online and to get online you need to buy; 1) either a broadband adapter (if you have broadband) or a modem adapter (if you don't have broadband) 2) one copy of either Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Kirby's Air Ride, or 1080: Avalanche, then plug em in and off you go. For full instructions go to http://www.nintendo.com/connectgcn , well not really full instructions but they give you the basic idea or what its all about.

Posted by Homer J. Simpson

I like online game play this is a pity. I mean come on Nintendo it helps to win in the System wars. GCN had so much promas and it kind of failed there.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting loony636]Gamecube is already online and to get online you need to buy: http://www.nintendo.com/connectgcn[/url] , well not really full instructions but they give you the basic idea or what its all about.

Uh, that page is about GameCube/GBA connectivity, not online.

For REAL online go to [url="http://www.warppipe.com"]www.warppipe.com[/url]

Posted by NightmareBassX

[QUOTE=Speedfreak]Uh, that page is about GameCube/GBA connectivity, not online.

Umm, Im not going to start anything hostile but, isnt the thread name Gamecube Online? I dont see anything about cennectivity with the GBA or w/e you meant.

Just a little confused.

Didnt think the quote turned out right...

Alright what the crap ill just leave it!

Posted by Master Chief 12

What are you talking about? Speedfreak said the page mentioned by loony636 was about Gamecube/GBA Connectivity not the thread title itself.

Posted by helpimstuckinabox

I have all three systems (ps2, gamecube, xbox) and i love them so berry berry much, but xbox live seems to be the fastest most convenient online console service. (but you have to pay for it, so that's a good weapon against fanboys) i would have liked to see nintendo expand GCN's online capabilities and game selections, but they needed to start sooner.

Posted by loony636

look, all that page said was about connectivity, okay so i got it wrong, but is shows that the Gamecube is going online doesn't it, with the broadband and modem adapters? So I'm half right.

Posted by ShadowFox9999

What all do i have to do to get pso online and keep a account for 2 months and ho much do u think that would cost

Posted by ShadowFox9999

What do i have to do to have Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1 & 2 online and get a hunter's licence and how much would that cost. thank u

Posted by segashadow128gcn

bashing it out with anyone ant anytime on ssbm would be a fantasy come true!!

and holy h3ll i could go for a round of gold with 3 other people and mariogolf TT that would be sweet!!

it is a shame it is not a reality