hard to find

Posted by muffla

omg i am on the phone right now looking for wii's and have already called 17 places and nobody has wii's

if you got one where did you get it, besides the usual ebgames,best buy etc.

Posted by Colonel

How do you expect someone to respond to a thread to this. i'll tell you this much I got mine at Toys r us but it shouldn't help. What do you want me to say? That there is a secret underground dealer thats selling Wii consols at retail price?

I should hope not.

Posted by Kit

I got mine from Argos.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Ghetto towns. Drop by one sometime, there's always one or two in stock because the locals can't afford them and regular citizens don't bother traveling to those parts.

Or wait a month or so.

Posted by Proto Man

Dang... it's about 2 months later and Wii's are still hard to get. I thought things usually slow down by now?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

The flow of games slow down. Not the demand for a console that came out at christmas.

o wai- ps3 lol

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Ghetto towns. Drop by one sometime, there's always one or two in stock because the locals can't afford them and regular citizens don't bother traveling to those parts.

This is exactly what I done to get all my Wii hardware before Christmas. Go to a rough area or a remote rural area. They're bound to have a much larger stock than cities where a lot of people shop.

Posted by Colonel

I've seen a grand total of four Nintendo Wii consols, and the Zellers in my home town.

Posted by Arczu

Yeah this thing is hard to find. I could imagine waiting a couple months but for the time being, who knows when they re-stock.

If I had known this would happen, I would probably have bought one the day it came out, or shortly after.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: If I had known this would happen, I would probably have bought one the day it came out, or shortly after.

Same here, I want to buy one but they are elusive.

BUT

You can find a Wii on e-bay for around $300. It would be a good deal it you REALLY want it. I think I'll wait but the LoZ:TW is still in the wrapping waiting to be played...

Posted by KoH

Okay uh, how the **** are we to help you if you didn't even state what the **** state you live in? For what it's worth though, I got my Wii the day of the 2nd launch at Target. Stood in line at around 7:45 AM for doors to open at 8 AM. I was number 26 in line and luckily they had 75 units, so yay me. :)

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I think I'm the chosen one when it comes to getting games/systems at launch.

A friend of mine works at Toys R Us and managed to sneak me a wii after one of the morning rushes.

I have always had outstanding luck with getting systems at launch. Like when the 360 came out, I called my local gamecrazy store were some of my friends work, but little did I know I dialed the wrong number. It was actually a different gamecrazy right outside my area. They just got 2 in and I managed to get one =)

Posted by protomanv4

I still havent got a Wii yet but I went to a store and they sayed they will get regularlly shipments of the Wii sometime next month. Lucky for u KoH I live in the state where Nintendo of america is and we only got 20 Wii's on the second shipment at Target. You think we would get more if we lived in the state of wa. since nintendo is there but we don't. I wonder y.