Problems with my internets.

Posted by maian

For some odd reason, Myspace seems to work on everybody's computer, except this one. We hooked up the laptop here as well, and it wasn't working there either. I'm under the impression there's something up with my internet that's preventing it from working. It's real freakin' annoying though. It's like, everything on Myspace works fine, except for any part at all that you would need to use to actually log in.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Blame it on Myspace's terrible servers. You should probably wait a few hours and try again.

Posted by maian

According to others, it's working fine. And, normally I would, but it's been doing this for two days. For two days, it hasn't been able to access the front page. I blame my internet.

Posted by avalanch

Any firewalls turned on? Turn it off and see if it helps.

Posted by KoH

Protip that'll solve all your troubles? Don't go to myspace. It's gay.

Posted by maian

k truth

But not having Myspace discommunicates me from half my friends because they're mindless slaves to that site. :(

Either way, I believe it's happening to a lot of people. The people I've asked, it's worked fine though. >_> The forums work, and a bunch of people have login problems. But I'm the only one having problems seeing the site as a whole. =/ Maybe it's just a critical error right now, but to access the homepage, I have to delete my cookies, temporary files, and history. On top of that, to get the the homepage, I have to use Myspace IM to login and click a link for it to come up. While all that crap is deleted.

>_>

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting maian: For some odd reason, Myspace seems to work on everybody's computer, except this one. We hooked up the laptop here as well, and it wasn't working there either. I'm under the impression there's something up with my internet that's preventing it from working. It's real freakin' annoying though. It's like, everything on Myspace works fine, except for any part at all that you would need to use to actually log in.

maybe its a sign, a sign to get off Myspace! You should be here, and VGC is alot better than Myspace. Jesse can kick Tom's *** any day of the week.

Posted by maian

Gawd. Even if you guys aren't serious, this is the thing that ****es me off every time I post a problem here. :)

I post a problem, and no matter what, people just say "lol no whatever you're using sucks" I don't care what you people think of the sites I go to, I care about fixing the bloody thing I'm having problems with. :)

Sorry to explode, but it happens every freaking time. VGC and Myspace are completely different, and can't be compared. I can't deny that Myspace is a horrible POS website, but I won't cease to use it.

Posted by Trigger

If they do it every other time, they'll continue to do it in every future post you make. Do you think the people who make those comments really care?

Have you checked that MySpace hasn't been blocked in your browser somehow, perhaps because of security permission? You could also try the more outlandish things like clearing your temporary Internet files. Otherwise, call your ISP and ensure they don't have restrictions for some reason - if this appears to be a connection issue as opposed to a per-system issue, the people who will help you best are those who you get the connection from.

Posted by maian

No, it was the website. It's fixed now, apparently. Something was wrong with how the cookies were read. Depending on how everyone's browser was configured depended on how bad the problem was, or if there was even one at all. Weird.