My Playstation 2 is acting up!

Posted by Chad811

My small child dropped my PS2 and now it only works for short time periods. It will load fine but after playing a game for about 10 mins, it will just shut off. The reset light turns red and starts blinking. Does anyone know what is wrong and if I can fix it?

Thanks

Posted by White2912

wiring?

Posted by Crazy K

Possibly parts are messed up in the system. When you son dropped he could of triggered a part of the inside of the PS2 to break off (like machine parts). It could be possible that you broke your disc tray thing. I really cant say what the problem is though.

Posted by helpimstuckinabox

Wow crazy, how do you know that his kid is a boy? (creepy music)
Jk....

If the light is blinking steadily, it sounds like your PS2 knows what's wrong with itself. All you can do besides send it in is..... read the instruction manual! (creepy music gets louder)

Posted by DaMiEn_0607

i have a playstation 2 slim model and i need the mac address for my isp how do i get it

Posted by ARC

Quoting Chad811: My small child dropped my PS2 and now it only works for short time periods. It will load fine but after playing a game for about 10 mins, it will just shut off. The reset light turns red and starts blinking. Does anyone know what is wrong and if I can fix it?

Thanks

maby its just the game or a disconnected cord?

Posted by MonkeyBalls

Damien: go here http://www-dcn.fnal.gov/DCG-Docs/mac/

Posted by William

Quoting Chad811: My small child dropped my PS2 and now it only works for short time periods. It will load fine but after playing a game for about 10 mins, it will just shut off. The reset light turns red and starts blinking. Does anyone know what is wrong and if I can fix it?

Thanks

Me! I do!

What is wrong with it: It's broke.
How to fix it: Buy a new one or take it to a shop. Do NOT under any circumstances, try to fix it yourself...or it'll implode on your face and you'll then look like Jesse Smith's twin.

Seriously.