Some rodent says we're gonna have spring

Posted by GameMiestro

It's that magic day again (groundhog day, in the US and Canada), where we praise the virtues of rebirth, Celtic tradition, and Bill Murray movies. And yes, Punxsutawney Phil (the king of groundhogs) did not see his shadow, so we should be getting spring sooner than normal this year.

Comments?

Posted by Arcadios

Doesn't matter here in Long Island. It's just been one tease after another. It snows and stops then it restarts. The snow doesn't even stick to the roads.
:(

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Arcadios;529351]Doesn't matter here in Long Island. It's just been one tease after another. It snows and stops then it restarts. The snow doesn't even stick to the roads.
:(

Are you challenging the authority of Punxsutawney Phil? :P

Posted by junior senior

lol @ supposed to snow at 3am-3pm and nothing happened cept all what was left of the snow from the other day melted here

supposed to snow tonight thats why the freshman valentine's day dance was cancelled (lol they wanna make them feel important in our school lol)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Winter started in late December here... which means it won't end until early June.

Posted by TendoAddict

Winter started way too late for us and now were getting frozen in single digets, so a rodent has little to do with it.

Posted by Iris

What TendoAddict said. We're just now getting our +4 inches of snow. Spring is still a while away.

Posted by Zeta

Some commercial for the news says something about "rawr uber dangerous cold weather this weekend". wtf

Posted by Sage Shadows

Groundhogs are psychic.

Those that say this is false, will die.

Posted by KoH

Why is Sage Shadows taking part in the Panic bandwagon? :(

Posted by junior senior

Well it's snowing the hardest it has ever been in the past two months currently since 5:15 pm today. Spring huh?

Posted by Obscurum Contagiion

yeah...I live in Pennsylvania, so thats all that was on television this morning.
wanted to kill myself.

nothing better than watching an overweight rodent on t.v

Posted by Xenos

I found two large rats decomposing in my garage once. Fun stuff.

Posted by veritas

I havent gotten **** this whole winter. Our measurement for the WHOLE winter is .6 inches... how the **** do you measure .6 inches over a couple of snowfalls.

Posted by mis0

I don't believe that stupid rat. It's only February and it's an El Nino year - the combination means snow for the desert southwest. It's not spring if I get frozen solid every morning.

Posted by Slade

It won't do anything but be cold and rainy here until June, when the sun will shine for exactly one week.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Bah I hope one day when everyone is hovering over the rodent, he pops out with rabies and kills everyone. Then I will appreciate Groundhogs Day.

Posted by Ant

We don't have seasons in Southern California.

Posted by Raptor

It's a very pleasant 65 degrees fahrenheit here, even at midnight. I can walk around comfortably outside wearing nothing but a pair of shorts. Sure, the atmosphere is extremely unstable and I never know when another freak rainstorm is going to ambush me, but that's part of the fun of it!

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Wait, didn't this already happen?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

It's a wonderful -47 degrees celsius with the windchill here tonight, and most of the week is looking to be only slightly warmer. How I love Manitoba.

one of these days, a sniper is goign to blow that groundhog the **** up

Posted by KoH

I wish it were summer.

Posted by TendoAddict

Ba-D[COLOR="White"]A[/COLOR]MN

Its -2 this morning , I got the day off but hell thats cold.

If only magical rodents did make things warmer.

Phil is MAGIC I tell ya' !
MAGIC !!!

Posted by Omni

I used to live in Pennsylvania, so I heard about him all the time.