1-31-07 Nevar Forget

Posted by Ant

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/two-charged-in-stunt-joke-after-release/20070131182009990001

So apparently we live in a day and age where cartoon characters=possible terrorist activities? Good ***, and the scary part of this all is on the poll most people agree that it went "TOO FAR!". These adds have been up in 10 other large cities for what they say to be a month thus far, yet some old moron in Boston freaks out so it's automatically terrorist activity? And people are scared of terrorist...

Posted by WackoHater2

I saw this on the news last night. People were outraged. I think they're gay (the people who were mad I mean).

Posted by Sage Shadows

Haha, still love the show. Tjhe promotion seemed to work, i mean they're now on the news too!

I say 'woot' to the people that thought of this!

Posted by Iris

I doubt they intended to be seen as explosives, just subtle advertisements. It's not like outdoor marketing schemes have never been used before,

Regardless, it's completely hilarious, especially the "1-31-07 Never Forget" picketing. Everyone overreacted and now the show is going to get a ton of stupid feedback. I hope the show doesn't get pulled because of uptight citizens and politicians.

Also, ATHF doesn't have an even remotely cult-like fanbase. I can just imagine where this type of reporting is going to lead.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Ant;528908][URL]http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/two-charged-in-stunt-joke-after-release/20070131182009990001[/URL]

So apparently we live in a day and age where cartoon characters=possible terrorist activities? Good ***, and the scary part of this all is on the poll most people agree that it went "TOO FAR!". These adds have been up in 10 other large cities for what they say to be a month thus far, yet someone old moron in Boston freaks out so it's automatically terrorist activity? And people are scared of terrorist...

No, we live in a day and age where corporate executives think it's acceptable to abuse a pubic service, halt traffic, and cause fear among a populace all in the name of advertising a lousy cartoon. They should have gotten a worse punishment than that...

Posted by TendoAddict

It's Over, Bostons Finished.

But seriouly theirs gangs, rape, robbery and other forms of hanus crimes rampid in citys. Boston Has a Seizure over Lite Bright. You can just tell every one over reacted to this because they only got a $2,500 slap on the hand .

Now every one is p[COLOR="White"]i[/COLOR]sseded about being fooled into thinking that it was anything but marketing. Kinda like falling for a lame prank on april fool's. Except the pranksters were two guys with 38 lite brights , and the fool is the entire Fricken city of Bosten

[quote]No, we live in a day and age where corporate executives think it's acceptable to abuse a pubic service, halt traffic, and cause fear among a populace all in the name of advertising a lousy cartoon.

I’m sure that’s what they had in mind. They just sat in dark conference room scheming about the best way to make it look like a bomb threat. Then they thought of a brilliant plan, put bright and colorfull children toys in populated areas for all to see. (because when I want to have successful terrorist stealth attack I put bright items in high traffic areas).

And what better master minds to pull it off. Sean Stevens, a guy who looks like he makes my coffe at Star Bucks. And of course Peter Berdovsky who looks like he has 300 year old dread locks.

There’s no way it could be out of the box advertising. It’s not like this kind of stuff has happened before or anything. Clearly they wanted every one to **** their pants over Lite bright.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Whats next, seriously.

"omg that guys picking his nose in public he's a terrorist get him"

Posted by S

Quoting GameMiestro: No, we live in a day and age where corporate executives think it's acceptable to abuse a pubic service, halt traffic, and cause fear among a populace all in the name of advertising a lousy cartoon. They should have gotten a worse punishment than that...

We also live in a day and age where people are phobic of mere electronics because of a Governmental overtaxing of propaganda and idiocy.

Posted by Omni

I guess they thought it was part of a Mooninite terrorist attack.

Posted by Obscurum Contagiion

I found it quite funny.

I just think people need to lighten up a bit.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://planetwebdesign.com/americacries1agc.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by nich

I saw that news report and it made me actually angry. They made it seem like an intentional attack on the fears of the masses for the purpose of some obscene cartoon. I hate the media.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's funny and ironic because the news itself relies on fear to generate ratings.

Posted by s0ul

News is stupid. The local report said they were promoting a "new show" called "The Aqua Teen Hunger Force Show." THANKS GUYS

Posted by Ant

Which further proves the huge gap between generations. I'd like to thank my good buddy the internet for that.

Posted by TendoAddict

The funny *** thing about this is that these guys did this in 9 other citys and nothing happened. Obviously Boston saw the moral depravity of Lite Bright and Moon People.

Posted by Arwon

This is not a bomb. The fact that the press is insisting on calling it a hoax and calling the ads "devices" is insanely frustrating and indicative of how fearmongeringly crazy they've gotten. Apparently the fox news headline was "Payback Time!"?

Posted by lanzer

See its not the lights but the battery packs themselves at the bottom of the lite brites that caused all this. but still i found being scared of the mooninites is highly funny!

FEAR YOUR DIGITAL RULERS BOSTON!!

John stewart is going to have a ball with this. :D

Posted by Linko_16

Posted by mis0

People need to stop watching "24". Actual bombs wouldn't have blinking lights and be so FREAKING OBVIOUS.

Did the Ryder can used in the Oklahoma City bombing have anything that made it look suspicious? No. Did it blow up and kill people? Yes.

Stupidity like that found in Boston is sickening.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I really don't know what to say to this. I read a comic somewhere the other day and totally didn't get it because it was talking about one of these on a bridge, or something. How the hell is this news? At absolute most, this rates on the scale of '1-inch paragraph at the bottom of a tabloid page'.

Posted by junior senior

theyre so cute

i hope they start selling them in stores, i want one

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, I'd buy one and I don't even watch the show.

Posted by Alastor

Apparently, a few of the "devices" that were taken down were put up on eBay. I seen something on TV yesterday about one going for upwards of $22,000 dollars.

I'd love to know if these guys won the little contest Adult Swim was having a couple of weeks ago. During their usual between-show bumps, they said they had no idea how they should promote the ATHF movie, and suggested that fans post their ideas on the Adult Swim forum.

By the way, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpJV5VwZ0vg]that's not a hair question.[/url]

Posted by KoH

[URL]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4G-D0F4Q9yk[/URL]

Apparently the "bombs" were there for a few weeks. (woops, I originally put "days") That just ****es me off. The government blows.

So not only did they overreact to a simple light bright toy that kids play with and confuse that with a ****ing bomb, but if it were a bomb they didn't even know about it for a few weeks.

edit: lmao @ alastor's link

"I feel like... my hair's pretty perfect."

Posted by Shade

Remember, remember, the 31st of January.
the cartoon terrorism plot

Posted by junior senior

funny how in the cartoon they show danger by being from the moon, and now they show danger to Boston, MA!

i got an athf shirt from my friend cuz I wore my shirt backwards when I was at his house and he said it didn't fit him anymore, so free meatwad fun!

Posted by KoH

That's a great story. Really.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Arwon;529149][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/reddishblue/AQHF_LED_in_Cambridge.jpg[/IMG]

This is not a bomb. The fact that the press is insisting on calling it a hoax and calling the ads "devices" is insanely frustrating and indicative of how fearmongeringly crazy they've gotten. Apparently the fox news headline was "Payback Time!"?

...WHERE WOULD THE BOMB EVEN GO. I COULDN'T FIT A BLOODY FIREWORK IN THERE.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

It's the battery pack along the bottom that caused the scare, apparently. Also, the middle finger is pointing at America.

Posted by sniper

Terrorists win!