Isis

Posted by Obscurum Contagiion

anyone here like Isis ?

one of the few rock-type bands I will listen to.

http://www.myspace.com/sgnl05
for those who have not heard ^

Posted by G-Sides

isis is weird. i like a few of the songs, but most of them are really boring imo. nice screams though.

yeah, most people find them boring
then again, I also like some of Sunn O)))'s material.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Pretty sure Arms really likes Sunn. Anywho, I love Isis. Can't wait to see them in March with Jesu.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Pretty sure Arms really likes Sunn. Anywho, I love Isis. Can't wait to see them in March with Jesu.

nice.
the new Sunn/Boris colaberation was excellent !

Posted by Vg200x

stoner metal/rock? I found them at [url]www.stonermetal.com/[/url] and there good nice guitars .

Sludge/Post-Metal. There's nothing Stoner about them.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Isis is alright, but it has a tendency to back flip into Tool-esque melodies and crappy screaming that reminds me of early Mastodon. For their style I much prefer Pelican. Anyway, I'm still eager to see them when I go to the Jesu concert.

Pelican, indeed, overshadows Isis in terms of excellence. If only because they're more post-rock oriented. And I loves me some post-rock.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Speaking of which, did you ever listen to that post-rock band local to my area -- Storms That Threaten to Destroy? If not, pm me your address or something and I'll send you a copy of their EPs or just look them up on myspace. They're quite amazing, especially considering all the other crap that's put on stage around here, every bit of which I have to watch every weekend, pity me.

Did you ever send me anything by them? If not, I'll check them out on myspace. Always happy to find a new post-rock band. Even better if you can send me some stuff through the mail.

not really realated to Isis,, but becasue were talking about rock-type music here...

anyone here like Green Carnation ?

I enjoy their acoustic music quite much

They're hit and miss. Though generally a really good band.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Even better if you can send me some stuff through the mail.

Yeah man, I can do that. Just pm me your address and I'll send their current release along with the upcoming EP once it comes out. I'll also send an actual copy of the Lay Them to Rest cd as well.

Posted by Shade

Green Carnation are one of my favorite bands, actually.