Windows vista Q

Posted by Screenname

Does anyone know when the first service pack usually comes out?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

A while from now.

Like, a long time.

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, Vista was released today so......who knows.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I got Vista but my computer isnt cool enough to run it : (

(aka it cant run on my machine because my computer is a piece of crap)

But answering your question, it will be a while before a service pack comes out.

Posted by Trigger

According to several Microsoft officials, they claim that Service Pack 1 (codenamed 'Fiji') will be released around the same time as Windows Server Longhorn which isn't due to be released until mid-way through 2007. However, last year at the end of November, Steve Ballmer, at a Vista Business keynote launch stated that Microsoft "has no current schedule" for Service Pack 1 because the company is waiting for consumer feedback before creating the pack.

On another small note, Windows XP Service Pack 3 is due for release in 2008. Microsoft have a "[URL="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx"]Service Pack Road Map[/URL]" that lists each operating system they're supporting and mention their intended release dates for any service pack that operating system may be receiving. Vista is not listed yet, but when some sort of official word happens that they have one in sight and what it will do, they'll undoubtedly update the map.