WarCraft III

Posted by Skitzo Control

I've finally decided to venture into the Computer Games forum after being a strong advocate of PC gaming in general, and my first thread here is (of no surprise to the few who know me) on WarCraft III.

Although I'm on dial-up, I'm a big fan of the game and am looking for people here on VGC to rock the Ladder and Custom Games. I'm as close to mediocre at Ladder games as it gets, but I play a lot of [url=www.dota-allstars.com]DOTA[/url] and despite having a three second delay (minimum), I do damn well.

WCIII fans, let's get on B.Net and show everybody just how par we really are!

Posted by Beefcake666

woot woot wc3! yah dota is allright and if ur on dial up STAY THE **** OUTA MY GAMES

Posted by Skitzo Control

...Nice post there, idiot. If the intellectual prowess you are showing here is of any indication, I'm fairly certain you're awful and I could probably easily take you in just about any format.

Posted by laraaj

:)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Used to play it. But now I have the far superior Supreme Commander and Dawn of War.

Posted by Xero

It use to be the only game I played until I downloaded an emulator for my PC. Once I'll get bored out of it, I'll probably get back at WC III. Icompleted all the campaigns, so I'm exclusive to battle.net.

Before I stopped playing, I was only playing DoTA 3.7. I was mostly playing with the scourge. What hero? I never was sure with which hero I was better with, unfortunatly. It's annoying to have those pros taking this ****ing game so seriously sometimes, but eh...

Aside DoTA, different tower defence games are fun once in a while. We rarely win, because people leave before the game ends, but I still get some fun out of it.

Posted by swanskillz

hi does any one kno a hacked war 3 bnet ive got a cracked version

Posted by Xero

Quoting swanskillz: a hacked war 3 bnet

I hate playing online with hackers.

Posted by Stalolin

Oh hey, a Warcraft III topic dedicated to DotA. Wish I would have noticed this before, when Skitzo was still around.

But anyways, if someone wants to play DotA then reply back here and we'll set something up.

Posted by Xero

I play DotA. But I only played the 3.7 version. I didn't bother trying the others yet.

I could still play a game with you, but don't expect me to blow the first time around ;)

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Stalolin;575549]Oh hey, a Warcraft III topic dedicated to DotA. Wish I would have noticed this before, when Skitzo was still around.

But anyways, if someone wants to play DotA then reply back here and we'll set something up.
*****, WHAT THE **** YOU TALKIN' 'BOUT? YOU CAN'T GET RID OF ME!

Yeah, I'm still around, but I'm rocking dial-up, so my DOTA playing days are either limited or... well, let's just say it's hard to orb-walk properly when you're running with a 3-second delay.:(

I will play, especially if I can do it with any VGC people, so if you ever want to set up some big (or less-than-big) VGC DOTA get-together, I'll be glad to participate.

Posted by Xero

So we could make a VGC team. Me, Skitzo, Stalolin and...I'll try to get Kit in the game too.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I prefer doing 4v4 and 3v3, anyway. With the way DOTA is played competitively nowadays, 5v5 is rather boring. The teams usually pick 4 lane-controllers and one "carry" hero (IE Scourge picks Lich, Death Prophet, Queen of Pain, and Viper to control lanes, and they pick Clinkz to "carry"), and whoever has the best "carry" player usually wins. I remember when DOTA was about picking 5 heroes that just worked well together (IE Sent picks Omniknight, Rhasta, Centaur, Vengeful Spirit, and Furion) and coordinated for the win.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Skitzo Control: With the way DOTA is played competitively nowadays, 5v5 is rather boring. .

I couldn't agree more. It was one of the reasons I stopped playing DotA for a while. But that game was so fun I had to start again.

Anyways, like I said, we could arrange a VGC team of 4 people and we'd play against 4 random players that'd join afterwards. Is that good? Or do we want to play against each other?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Doing 2v2 would be cool, at first. Just schedule a time for it. Afterwards, we could work out doing 4v4 or 5v5 (one random pubber on our team) as soon as we got used to playing with/against each other.

Posted by Xero

2V2? Aye that means I'll have to train on another version of DotA, because 3.7 needs at least 3 players on each team.

Just tell me what type of DotA you'd like to play on and I'll practice on it and we'll be able to play :)

I have no problem with 2V2. :)

Posted by Skitzo Control

[URL="http://www.getdota.com"]www.getdota.com[/URL] and download 6.43B, or 6.37, whichever one you prefer, and we'll go from there.

Posted by Xero

M'kay. I'll Download them next week, because until then I won't be able to play. :)

Posted by Skitzo Control

I also recommend going to [URL="http://www.getdota.com/ai"]www.getdota.com/ai[/URL] and playing with bots, so you can get the hang of the new heroes/items/gameplay implementations/etc.

Posted by Stalolin

He'll have to do quite a bit of playing to catch up with all that's been done to it since 3.7. Anyways, I probably need to practice the game too, I'd consider myself a less than decent player as I don't play online very often.

If you want a game though, I'd be willing so long as I'm not playing WoW. Only way to really contact me would be through Xfire. Add stalolin2 and let me know if you want to play.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Skitzo Control: I also recommend going to [URL="http://www.getdota.com/ai"]www.getdota.com/ai[/URL] and playing with bots, so you can get the hang of the new heroes/items/gameplay implementations/etc.

Thanx a lot. :D