Clean It Up!

Posted by Skitzo Control

I actually paid attention to the multiple forums and sub-forums we have, along with their traffic, and noticed that the Nintendo forums (excluding GameCube and Wii) have some of the lowest traffic on the boards. Wouldn't it make a lot of sense just to merge Game Boy, Virtual Boy, NES, SNES, and N64 forums, and rename said forum to something like "Nostalgia?" If PS3, PS2, and PS1 are going to be summed up in their one board, it makes more sense to sum up all the past Nintendo systems, also.

The Super Smash Bros., Animal Crossing, Fighting Games, Metroid, and Mario/Yoshi could and should be merged to to their respective areas.

The MMO forum could and should be deleted. MMOs can be part of Computer Games and RPGs.

Lastly, sub-forums can also be removed. Specifically, the Bedroom Contest area can be moved to Member Pictures and Audio. It would make much more sense for MPA to be part of the main Off-Topic forum, not a sub-forum. It's popular enough to be part of the main page.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

But you have to remember that this site is heavly Nintendo based. PS doesn't deserve more than one board, apparently!

There have been a growing amount of sub-forums recently, which are basically useless.

Posted by Jesse Smith

*yawn* I need some sleep!!! :D

Posted by WackoHater

I agree, clean this place up, first by firing Jesse Smith, then closing down the Wacko Forums!

Jesse has not been fired in a while and needs to meet his quota! :cool:

Posted by Tyler Durden

Will you please change your ****in' sig?! I'm tired of looking at "Trashy" Shakira, don't you have a collection big enough to sig-post a different Shakira role for every day of the week?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Already been asked before; not going to happen.

Posted by Omni

Which one? WackoHater changing his sig pic or Jesse changing the board? LOL...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

the board one

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Some random dickhole.. ]
[SIZE=7]BITE ME[/SIZE]

Why, does my breath smell good?

Posted by Linkman

Yeah, this has been suggested so many times before. It's not going to happen, even if there was a unanimous between not only mods, but the entire forum. Jesse would still find a reason for not doing it.

Posted by Proto Man

Apparently you have no sense of organization.

Quoting Skitzo Control: If PS3, PS2, and PS1 are going to be summed up in their one board, it makes more sense to sum up all the past Nintendo systems, also.

Not really. Each console is unique enough to have it's own board (GameBoy's being an exception).

Quoted post: The Super Smash Bros., Animal Crossing, Fighting Games, Metroid, and Mario/Yoshi could and should be merged to to their respective areas.

wut?

Quoted post: The MMO forum could and should be deleted. MMOs can be part of Computer Games and RPGs.

Well it looks like there is enough discussion to merit such a forum, otherwise it wouldn't have been created.

Quoted post: Lastly, sub-forums can also be removed. Specifically, the Bedroom Contest area can be moved to Member Pictures and Audio. It would make much more sense for MPA to be part of the main Off-Topic forum, not a sub-forum. It's popular enough to be part of the main page.

That's actually the first statement I agree with... well somewhat. I believe MP&A should be a sub-forum of Community since it deals more with that anyhow.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er, why doesn't da poll have an option to 'Kill dead Blogs??!!!' I see six blogs that havn't even been touched this year!!!! :D

Quoting Skitzo Control: The MMO forum could and should be deleted. MMOs can be part of Computer Games and RPGs.

Disclaimer: Stalolin made da mod poll, and it got 10 yes votes and zero no votes!!!!

Posted by Ant

kill those too

Posted by Jesse Smith

Yo, Sadistic Grin, when some one gives you rep and it doesn't show who gave it to you, it's some one who iz in da red. Look at da post before WackoHater said Bite me! Look at his rep number!!! :wacko:

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Proto Man;528155]Apparently you have no sense of organization.What kind of bull**** is this, Proto? Organization? If you weren't such an oblivious ****ing retard you'd realize that I went down the list of forums and sub-forums, dealing with each and every one in the order that it is presented on the main page. Dip****...
[quote=Proto Man;528155]Not really. Each console is unique enough to have it's own board (GameBoy's being an exception). What?! First, look at the activity in the boards. Second... WHAT?! How the hell can you say that all the Nintendo consoles are so unique, but the Sony systems aren't? Truly, you are an idiot.
[quote=Proto Man;528155]wut?Third ****ing strike, moron. SSB, AC, Metroid, and Mario can become part of the Nintendo areas, whereas the Fighting Forum can have its threads moved to where they belong (for example, a "Dead or Alive 4" thread moved to the "Xbox" area).
[quote=Proto Man;528155]Well it looks like there is enough discussion to merit such a forum, otherwise it wouldn't have been created....It has less than 200 posts. Only 18 threads. Traffic-wise, the only place that has less posts is the "Cheats" Forum.
[quote=Proto Man;528155]That's actually the first statement I agree with... well somewhat. I believe MP&A should be a sub-forum of Community since it deals more with that anyhow.That's not "somewhat" agreeing. That's called disagreeing. If the MPA boards should be a sub-forum of Community, since it deals more with the community, shouldn't Community be a sub-forum of Off Topic, since it's "off the topic" of video games? The transitive property is such fun!

I don't even understand why mouth-breathers like you even take part in any form of discussion.

Posted by S

Quoting Skitzo Control: I actually paid attention to the multiple forums and sub-forums we have, along with their traffic, and noticed that the Nintendo forums (excluding GameCube and Wii) have some of the lowest traffic on the boards. Wouldn't it make a lot of sense just to merge Game Boy, Virtual Boy, NES, SNES, and N64 forums, and rename said forum to something like "Nostalgia?" If PS3, PS2, and PS1 are going to be summed up in their one board, it makes more sense to sum up all the past Nintendo systems, also.

I see your point and its really a valid one - the only thing I see as different is the fact that NES, SNES, N64 and the Gameboy systems all use seperate cartridges from one another - in turn seperating them in some way. I think that's currently why they are seperated out, while PS1's discs work on PS2 and PS3. In this light, the systems are more unique. I don't think its necisarily deeming one as more important, albeit what people think, but it is just a better way to seperate them based on hardware(Major.) differences. Seperating based on software? Not so much.

[quote]The Super Smash Bros., Animal Crossing, Fighting Games, Metroid, and Mario/Yoshi could and should be merged to to their respective areas.

I think that Smash Bro's should be left alone myself. With Brawl coming out, it will have a lot more traffic. If its as big as people say, we'll have a whole new group of KH groupies coming along here right quick. Not to mention Brawl will be talked about in depth a little more, so having its own forum seems like a bright idea in order to have stickies and frequently asked questions based solely on that game.

As far as Animal Crossing, Fighting Games, and Metroid? Well, I think Fighting Games should stay seperate on principal, but this forum doesn't really utilize it all that much. If people talked in depth about Third Strike or Guilty Gear more, I think I'd have a better case in that regard. Metriod doesn't really have much activity to my knowledge and Animal Crossing hasn't come out with a new release in awhile, and I'm not sure about their peak activity when it did... but if they've got enough backing I'm sure that they could sustain their own board. As far as Metroid and Mario goes, we may want to consider a sort of Icon or Mascot board, having to deal with games specifically including Metriod, Mario, maybe even from other systems such as Sonic and Crash Bandacoot. Just a thought.

[quote]The MMO forum could and should be deleted. MMOs can be part of Computer Games and RPGs.

Agreed. It doesn't have nearly the support it really needs.

[quote]Lastly, sub-forums can also be removed. Specifically, the Bedroom Contest area can be moved to Member Pictures and Audio. It would make much more sense for MPA to be part of the main Off-Topic forum, not a sub-forum. It's popular enough to be part of the main page.

I actually prefer sub forms on an organizational level. Though, I don't know if the Bedroom Contest is still relavent, it might have grounds to be removed. But should the MPA be a part of Off-Topic? Eehhhh, I'm not sure. It might be best to keep that board to itself, I believe it has a decent size and following. Merging the boards may end up with a large flow of activity. Or not, I don't know, just speculation.

I think you're on the right track Skitzo, I just disagree with some minor areas. Yours are all feasible suggestions though.

Posted by Iris

Merging the N64, SNES, and NES boards wouldn't hurt. It's not like they're each particularly active. Just call it Old Nintendo. Also, putting the bedroom contest in Member Pictures or merging it would be fine. As it is now is kind of weird.

As for the MMO board, I agree completely, but apparently most people didn't.

As for merging the genre and series boards, I disagree. They're fine alone and many are multi-platform. Besides, they generate a lot of discussion for individual game series.

Posted by Klarth

Nintendo board, Sony board, Microsoft board.

Easy as hating black guys and writing a screenplay about it. Stomp stomp.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Klarth: Nintendo board, Sony board, Microsoft board.

You're so loveable.

I, for one, don't care either way. I never post about video games, and I never read those forums anyway. Just leave them be - it'll give people something to complain about.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Klarth: Nintendo board, Sony board, Microsoft board.

DS and WII get plenty of activity to garner their own boards. I don't like it when other sites have them all together, far to cluttered. However, if all the older Nintendo systems were put together in some sort of old-school section that'd be fine.

Posted by Klarth

As if F

Posted by Ant

AS IF YOU DO MR u with 2 dots above it! Come on.

Posted by Klarth

Bite it.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Ant;528785]DS and WII get plenty of activity to garner their own boards. I don't like it when other sites have them all together, far to cluttered. However, if all the older Nintendo systems were put together in some sort of old-school section that'd be fine.
I said that first. Stop stealing my rep.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Lunairetic: I think that Smash Bro's should be left alone myself. With Brawl coming out, it will have a lot more traffic. If its as big as people say, we'll have a whole new group of KH groupies coming along here right quick. Not to mention Brawl will be talked about in depth a little more, so having its own forum seems like a bright idea in order to have stickies and frequently asked questions based solely on that game.

As far as Animal Crossing, Fighting Games, and Metroid? Well, I think Fighting Games should stay seperate on principal, but this forum doesn't really utilize it all that much. If people talked in depth about Third Strike or Guilty Gear more, I think I'd have a better case in that regard. Metriod doesn't really have much activity to my knowledge and Animal Crossing hasn't come out with a new release in awhile, and I'm not sure about their peak activity when it did... but if they've got enough backing I'm sure that they could sustain their own board.

Agreed. If Melee was any indication, SSB: Brawl should generate a great deal of activity from average members alone. There was a ton of discussion around Melee, and it wasn't an online game. Brawl will have online play, and I predict much more discussion than Melee got. Friend codes, strategies, sharing game types, stuff like that. Besides, there's those few members who are so addicted to the franchise as to bother with tournaments and tier lists who can generate multi-page threads between themselves. Leave it alone.

Animal Crossing had a fair amount of activity when it first came out, but I honestly didn't see much of an increase when Wild World came out. It can probably be merged without much trouble. Leave Fighting Games alone, as you said, on principal. I'm not sure about Metroid, but it's one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. The board probably isn't going anywhere, no matter how slow it gets.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Everyone's acting like we're rearranging the ****in' garage?! They're just chatboards on the internets; no spacial significance to that repugnant, superficial fabric you claim as a life. :cool:

Posted by Ant

yeah man the internet is for gays who cares rite.

Posted by Fate

I think some of the main boards should become subforum areas. I've seen people confuse Zelda/Wii/General Gaming far too many times and it does get annoying. I suggest the company-specific areas with subforums. I'll just have to keep going at General Gaming.