Your Ending

Posted by Dexter

Something that has bothered me about the Zelda endings ever since Ocarina is how nothing gets happy at the end. I mean, it doesn't save after you've won. There's still a dark aura about the land and people are still pressuring you into saving the land.

Instead, they should make things happy, alter a few things in the land, such as no zombies and celebrations, and just have you able to explore the land you've saved. That lingering end boss battle just irritates me a bit. I want a more satisfying ending.

Also, it would be nice if after you've defeated the game they would give you an advance option of choosing to redo dungeons as if they were never explored as well as replay boss battles. With an option like this, it would certainly give pass Zelda games more replay value. It has been a long time since I battled the bosses in Ocarina, but I don't want to go through the entire game again to do so. I'd like to simply skip directly to what I want to do.

Posted by Sean Fury

That was always something that got to me to. I never felt like I accomplished something by beating Ocarina of Time, simply because I couldn't save and there was nothing after it. Just "The End".

Posted by Zeta

It's been like this for the entire series. The only games where everything was okay and the final boss stayed dead were the Oracle games, I believe.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wind Waker had a nice 'Second Game' feature, though, that made for quite a satisfying end.

Posted by ExoXile

You could undestand Hylian, too.

But yeah, I especially felt this with TP.

Would be awesome if you could walk around the world in it's tranquillity.

TP's end really made me unsatisfied. =I

Posted by Zeta

Would've liked to walk around in a permanent twilight. =/

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah well, you can blame Midna for that one.

Posted by maian

That's why you can't go wrong with Majora's Mask. :cookie:

Posted by ExoXile

There's still no tranquillity going on though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting maian: That's why you can't go wrong with Majora's Mask. :cookie:

Oh yeah, because I get a real sense of accomplishment returning to a world where there's still a GIANT MOON UPSIDE MY FACE.

Seriously though, Majora's Mask had awesome replay value. Go back in time for massive damage to dungeon!

Posted by G-Sides

too bad there were only what, 5 major bosses in mm? :( i'd love to refight a number of the ones in tp. and ocarnia. and etc.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Zeta: It's been like this for the entire series.

I know it. It sucks. So many great bosses that I want to go back and re-fight. There are so many temples/dungeons/palaces that I've honestly forgotten and it would feel like new to go back and replay them. I wonder if a GameShark would somehow be able to move you directly to a boss battle.