Zant Appreciation Thread

Posted by maian

This is a thread about Zant. Some people loved him, some people hated him.

But, Zant is a very interesting character, in my opinion. His sudden personality change is something I hated at first, but he's really grown on me. If he was just the same "badical villain who's all evil and ruthless", I think he'd ultimately be a very bland character. His insanity made him completely unique, and also gave a lot more reason to all his actions.

So, who liked him? I know most people ultimately ended up hating Zant because he became "uncool", but I've looked past that, and now he's one of my favorite characters. Who here liked the character Zant was?

And come on, even if you didn't like him, you can't look past the amazing boss battle he delivered, along with the awesome music.

Posted by Zeta

<3 Zant. Typical silent, badass villains tick me off, so when I got to the Palace of Twilight I got really excited about him being hilariously insane. So nice to have another video game villain on the Kefka side. :)

Probably the best Zelda boss ever too, due to how entertaining his actions are. Instead of the typical 'stun' where the boss sits/lays down/whatever, the man gets his helmet stuck in the ground, tries to swim away, and hops around while in midget form. This was actually the first time in a Zelda where I wanted the battle to keep going.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/4/4b/Zanto.jpg[/IMG]

Freakin Usurper King of Win. Probably the second-best Zelda bad guy ever - especially in wacko-cracko form. His boss battle shall be remembered forever.

Posted by Noir

I really liked him-a nice refreshment from the too-oft-used bad-arse bad guy formula. I just wish he looked cooler without his hat...I was quite dissapointed when I saw him. He looked like a Zora/fish thing.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting maian: This is a thread about Zant. Some people loved him, some people hated him.

But, Zant is a very interesting character, in my opinion. His sudden personality change is something I hated at first, but he's really grown on me. If he was just the same "badical villain who's all evil and ruthless", I think he'd ultimately be a very bland character. His insanity made him completely unique, and also gave a lot more reason to all his actions.

So, who liked him? I know most people ultimately ended up hating Zant because he became "uncool", but I've looked past that, and now he's one of my favorite characters. Who here liked the character Zant was?

And come on, even if you didn't like him, you can't look past the amazing boss battle he delivered, along with the awesome music.

Likewise. The simple fact that he broke away from the all-too-easy "tennis" formula of boss battle made me love him. The personality was icing on the cake.

Posted by G-Sides

i enjoyed the zant fight just as much as the second and third forms of majora's mask. fun fukken times.

edit:
8-)!