How I got Pokerus, or how I think I got it.

Posted by protomanv4

I think my Zigzaggon got it by using pickup lol. It was yerterday and sence my (ill call it zig for short not its nickname) zig. wasent picking up anything so whe i checked states I saw it then i was screaming in a normal sound to my mom: AHHHHHHHHH I got Pokerus something vary rare in pokemon.

Posted by WackoHater2

Lol Pok

Posted by muffla

i play pokemon once in a wile

but wtf is a pokerus

Posted by WackoHater2

Pok

Posted by muffla

wow i never knew and i plaied gold thru a couple of times plaid ruby and emerld and still never got pokerus

koool

Posted by cool gamer dad

It doesn't boost stats, it makes them gain EVs quicker. All pokemon have the same EV max.

Which is a good thing if you know what you're doing, but very bad if you don't.

EVs: http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml

Posted by streak101

EV's confuse me 0_o

Posted by Mystic Hero

Here's a tip, if you get Pokerus and want to spread it, batlte with that Pokemon a lot and wait until your whole team has it. Then spread it to a Pokemon you don't normally use and deposit that Pokemon in your PC. Pokerus will stay with it as long as its in the PC. This is useful incase your pokemon all lose Pokers (will have a little smiley face thing under their picture when you hit summary) and you want to spread it to other Pokemon that never had it.

Posted by protomanv4

Yeah and it you trade a pokemon with pokerus to fr/lg, since those games don't have time pokerus stays on your pokemon forever and wont go away, unless you trade it to game that has time and don't leave it in pc box.

Posted by Buhnz_O'Steele

for being so rare, its pretty odd that I've gotten it five times o.O

Posted by Mad Haul

My Sceptile contracted Pokerus very early on in my Ruby game,within the first week I believe (I am fairly certain he caught it from a Zangoose). I don't really care a lot about EVs and natures;typically I just use what I get without worrying about their stats.To me it is more fun to just play the game,not to turn it into yet another formulaic RPG that will bore me to tears. My usual system for catching a Pokemon to train is like this; I see a Pokemon species I like,I start hunting it,I catch several and keep whichever put up the best fight (e.g. how many times it broke out of the Pokeball,in particular if it should have been easily caught under the circumstances). However,I will breed to obtain certain moves if I need to. Well that's the end of my ranting for today. Thanks for sticking with me.

Posted by oodlesthree

my friend has TWO shiny pokemon, and I told him, "if you get pokerus, I'll kill you!!!" If he does get it, I'll force him to give it to my pokemon.

Posted by protomanEXE

An easy way to get Pokerus is by getting ranger and doing the manaphy mission and when u get manaphy trade it to Diamond/Pearl the manaphy should have Pokerus... or at least mine did and so did my friends

Posted by Roxas23857

Quoting oodlesthree: my friend has TWO shiny pokemon, and I told him, "if you get pokerus, I'll kill you!!!" If he does get it, I'll force him to give it to my pokemon.

You make it seem like it's aids or something...but it's really funny

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting protomanEXE: An easy way to get Pokerus is by getting ranger and doing the manaphy mission and when u get manaphy trade it to Diamond/Pearl the manaphy should have Pokerus... or at least mine did and so did my friends

So it's legit, right? Care to share?

Posted by protomanEXE

u mean the Manaphy? or The Pokerus

Posted by cool gamer dad

The one that isn't the Manaphy.

Posted by protomanEXE

ya its legit its pretty much like having a macho brace on every pokemon in ur party, but it doesnt lower your speed

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yep. Do you have something like an infected Bidoof that you can send my way?

Posted by protomanEXE

i have an infected feebas that u could have

Posted by veritas

On my ruby version, I have a blue psyduck with pokerus. OOOO ultra rare pokemon.