Game Recomendations

Posted by inuyasha kicks

Ive been getting really bored of replaying the games i already have and no games have been coming out or advertised for, i really dont know what to go play i need some help. as the thread says I NEED GAME RECOMENDATIONS!!! Im mainly looking for RPGs. Heres a list of games i have played so you dont waste your time.
ffx
ffx-2
star ocean 3
tales of symphonia
dark cloud 1 and 2
.hack, all four games
jak 3
rachet 3
kingdom hearts

Posted by -Shadow-

Is this for any particular system? I'll give you some good ones for the nintendo systems. All of these I have played, and they are quite good.

Nes:
Dragon Warrion I-IV
Crystallis
Faxanadu

Snes:
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Breath of Fire I and II
Super Mario Rpg: Legend of the Seven Stars

N64:
Quest 64
Paper Mario

Gamecube:
Paper Mario

Posted by Xenos

Xenogears and Terranigma--beautiful games. Xenogears is a very long game, if you need some entertainment that will last, shoot for it.

pse no play chrono trigger!

Posted by -Shadow-

I forgot two for the nes
Startropics 1 & 2

Quoting Shadow Blade:
pse no play chrono trigger!

And why not? He's looking for Rpg suggestions, and Chrono Trigger is an outstanding game.

Posted by Barrysun

there's also the pokemon series for the gameboy games.
Final fantasys 7-9 and tactics are also a fun game to try out as well.

Posted by Xenos

I don't think Chrono Trigger is an outstanding game, that's what--it's superficial to me. There are other underrated games that should be given a try rather than the usual--each with it's own attributes that I think can far surpass Chrono Trigger, and many properties of the alternative games on that list for a matter. You can go ahead and suggest it, if you will.

But there is more to the RPGs that those, much more.

Posted by inuyasha kicks

Quoting -Shadow-: Is this for any particular system? I'll give you some good ones for the nintendo systems. All of these I have played, and they are quite good.

Nes:
Dragon Warrion I-IV
Crystallis
Faxanadu

Snes:
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Breath of Fire I and II
Super Mario Rpg: Legend of the Seven Stars

N64:
Quest 64
Paper Mario

Gamecube:
Paper Mario

im lookin for mainly stuff on the gba ps2 and cube? what is xenogears like? can someone tell me what battlesystem it has and other stuff like that? ive been lookin at that game for a while now.

Posted by Xenos

The storyline is huge, I can't explain it--it's like a LotR of it's own--but the battle system focusing on two different things-you can fight on feet or "gear" (mechs), on mechs, each attack uses fuel, so you have to watch on and both deals with "combos" where you either press on the buttons to form a deathblow. There are some other things I'm forgetting, but yeah.

Posted by Shade

[quote=Shadow Blade]Terranigma

I've heard people say great things about this game. Can you explain what is? If it's not too much hassle.

Posted by Arczu

Hmm... I have played it, and I can say this about it. It's an action RPG where you walk around defeating enemies in the way. The story caught my attention. From what I can remember, it has something to do with bringing earth back to life or something... I don't know for sure. I liked it though.

I couldn't think of any games to recommend, because it looks like you are looking for game with lots of interesting things-- interest.

Posted by Xenos

Quoting Shade: I've heard people say great things about this game. Can you explain what is? If it's not too much hassle.

I don't really know where to start--the battle system isn't all special, that's a fact, it's action game, however, I liked it. It was simple, but if you didn't level up or get a hint how to kill the enemies you would die. Storywise, I loved it, graphics were just stunning--great game that was never released in the USA due to the religious hints in there that offended some Christians/Catholics/Etc. Same thing with Xenogears, except it was viceversa.

You begin as someone named Ark in the underworld, then you go up to the "real" upper world where you have to restore the Earth. Terranigma isn't a fantasy, so the world is based on our own: North America, South America, Asia, etc.

Anyways, you revive the entire world, build metropolises, and so on and so forth. I don't want to spoil the ending, but I'll say this, it's an unexpecting and sad one.

The downside to this game is that you either have to live in Europe, or use ROMs to play it. I know some people hate roms, but oh well.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I don't feel like going into much detail, but I will recommend you a few titles:

Baldur's Gate (PC)
Baldur's Gate II (PC)
Chrono Cross (PS)
Final Fantasy VII (PS)
Final Fantasy VIII (PS)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS)
Soul Reaver (PS)
Shadow Hearts (PS2)
Drakan: The Ancient's Gates (PS2)
Jade Cocoon II (PS2)

Posted by inuyasha kicks

what is xenosaga like? is it the same thing as xenogears? i probably would play chrono cross but i have i feeling i wont find it in many places or it will be expensive. i dont have that much money to my name.

They re-realeased Chrono Cross some time ago, and brought the price down. You should be able to find it for $19.99 (CAD) relatively easy enough.

Posted by Xenos

Xenosaga is way different from Xenogears--however, I recommend you to play the first. Xenosaga through my eyes is no match for Xenogears. The only thing it has that the mother-game can't match is graphics.

Posted by posem_diest

Angelwing might have already mentioned Shadow Hearts but I don't care, I'm going to mention it again. It's, well it's not the longest RPG, at least compared to Final Fantasy X, but I would have to say that it is all kinds of quality. It takes place at the turn of the century, in the early 1900's on Earth. Well I'm not certain if it's THE same earth or some alternate reality earth, but it is an Earth nonetheless. And though the main character is an annoying little snot, the supporting cast is good enough to remedy that particular problem. And here's a point about Shadow Hearts that you may or may not like. It is an involved game, meaning that you just can't hit the button on attack, or any action for that matter, and expect anything to come out of it. You'll have to select attack and then hit the target areas of a spinning judgement ring. Miss a target area, and you miss your attack or fail your action.

Sorry I can't explain it any better than that, but I didn't have much problem hitting anything. Getting consecutive critical attacks, on the other hand, is an entirely different thing.

The game goes by way too fast, but the time you'll spend playing it should be worthwhile indeed. Plus, Shadow Hearts has the best boss battle theme EVAR in Demon's Gig, so I don't really see how you can go wrong.

Posted by inuyasha kicks

thanks to you all i have narrowed my decision down to 3 games. xenogears, xenosaga, and chrono cross. but i have one last question. i have heard that chrono trigger was remade for the playstation? is this true? if it is then i will have to buy it cause i dont have an snes

Yes, it's true. It comes bundled with Final Fantasy IV. The title is called 'Final Fantasy Chronicles.' You should be able to find it relatively cheap - $24.99 (CAD) is what I paid for a brand new copy.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Quoting Xenos: Xenosaga is way different from Xenogears--however, I recommend you to play the first. Xenosaga through my eyes is no match for Xenogears. The only thing it has that the mother-game can't match is graphics.

I agree. Xenosaga doesn't come close to Xenogears story, or gameplay. Both are good games but I recomend Xenogears. Its a must have for RPG fans.