Dane Cook

Posted by WackoHater2

I really didn't know where to put this, so I am just throwing it in Off Topic. If a mod thinks it's better off somewhere else, then by all means put it there. Anyway, Dane Cook is favorite comedian. He is fukken hilarious. I have three of his shows on my computer ("Retaliation Disc 1 & 2" and "Harmful if Swallowed"). His style is really unique in my opinion. I think that a lot of people can relate to his comedy. Anyway, if you have never heard any of his stuff, check it out. It's worth the time.

Posted by KoH

Okay, few things:

1) No, he's not "fukken hilarious."

2) His style isn't unique. Although I realise that you said "in my opinion."

3) That movie he did? With Jessica Simpson? Yeah, that alone is reason enough to hate Dane Cook.

4) Dane Cook is an unfunny and immature comic who might accidentally spurt out something funny but never on purpose.

5) Mitch Hedberg could, if he were alive (RIP), kick Dane Cook's *** in more ways than one.

Sorry to say it Panic, but you chose one of the stupidest and most unfunny people to name as your "favorite comedian." The only thing that's a joke about Dane Cook is his pathetic attempts to be cool in the eye of the teen populace. He tries so hard to be popular that's pathetic. I almost expect him to finish off one of his routines asking "does anyone out there like me yet?"

My general opinion of anyone who outright comes up to me and says "Yeah I like Dane Cook" is that the person is a complete moron with the comprehension skills of a small toad. Are you a small toad, Panic?

If you disagree with my post, then **** you.

And btw, I did see that "Harmful if Swallowed" show. Not funny... at all. :(

PS: If, for a second, you think my entire post is just full of bull****, I can only show you one last thing to try and sway your opinion.

[IMG]http://entimg.msn.com/i/gal/DaneCook/2_400.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Ant

I've laughed during a few of his skits. But he isn't as funny as people make him out to be.

Posted by WackoHater2

I think he is one of the most overrated comedians among most people. Honestly I don't think he is overrated at all. I've been here for a while, and most of you guys know I am not too bright. I am simple minded and easily amused. That's why I like Dane Cook.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Unfunny, talentless hack.

Posted by WackoHater2

Seems like no one likes him. What about my past favorite comedians? Adam Sandler was one of my favorites for a few years.. then Stephen Lynch.. and then Carlos Mencia for a few months before I found Dane Cook.

Quoted post:
Adam Sandler
Carlos Mencia

Quoted post: Unfunny, talentless hack.

At least you're consistent.

Posted by Ant

Adam Sandler is funny.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

ha... owned

http://thatvideosite.com/video/3478

"Hello Dane nice to meet you... boom boom... now your face is broken"

it's funny because it's accurate.

Posted by Omni

Quoting KoH: Are you a small toad, Panic?

Panic isn't small by any means.

Oh, and I don't really find Dane Cook funny.

Posted by s0ul

Dane Cook ****es me off to no end. He does the same bit for his ENTIRE show. His Comedy Central Presents was him saying how much he wanted to be the alien from Alien, then he changed it to being a snake and it was the exact same bit. He just screams and tries to act outrageous, and it's not funny ever.

Posted by TendoAddict

He's funny once in awail. Not nearly as much as people make him out to be.

Posted by Iris

I don't watch his stand-up, but he's kind of funny on Reno 911. He's incredibly overrated, but I don't think he's horrible.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Panic;526154]I think he is one of the most overrated comedians among most people. Honestly I don't think he is overrated at all.

Yeah uh... what?

Come on, Panic. I know you can't be so easily amused by some guy yelling on stage that you could honestly classify him as your favorite comic. Think about ****ing Dave Chappelle, man. That guy is instantly 20 times funnier than Dane Cook could ever be.

Posted by WackoHater2

I like Dave Chappelle a lot as well.. he is indeed hilarious.. but I prefer Dane Cook.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Iris: He's incredibly overrated, but I don't think he's horrible.

Agreed. Half the reason people like him is just because he's, like young and hip. Ever know a guy like that at school where he's really fit and has wild hair or something, and his sense of is goofy and somewhat random? Just 'cause of those things, everybody really like him, even though he's more or less unremarkable? I know a guy like that, and like Dane Cook, he's likable enough... but, geez, quit drooling over him.

So, Dane Cook: good, but not that good.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I've yet to see anything original in Dane Cook's 'work'. Vastly prefer Tim Vine and Ross Noble.

Posted by Echo

I think he's funny. Not my favorite comedian, but he makes me laugh. I'm going with Linko on this one: good, but not that good. There are better comedians out there.

Posted by Skitzo Control

If I wanted to watch some idiot act make a total ja[COLOR=white]cka[/COLOR] of himself on stage, I'd go to a GG Allin concert.

As said before, Dane Cook's only appeal is towards teenagers who think over-the-top behavoir onstage is funny. Where his material fails (which is often... very often), he goes completely berserk on-stage, thus making people laugh, often in a more "oh, look at the poor slow child on the stage" way.

Dave Attel should invent a cocaine that would raise Mitch from the dead, just so he could once again show the world how comedy should be done.

Oh, and, TV and Movies forum?:(

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Dane Cook is hilarious. You are all wrong. I'm sorry to inform you.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Ant: Adam Sandler is funny.

You say that but he wrote Happy Gilmore.

Posted by G-Sides

he's a good guy but his comedy is very mediocre, and he's fukken overrated to no extent. he did win for his eddy gordo reference though.

i miss hedberg and dangerfield :( rip

but i'm all over louis ck now.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting Arms:
but i'm all over louis ck now.

I all ready miss lucky louie =(

Posted by maian

I dunno, I kinda like Brian Regan. :(

Dane Cook makes me laugh, but he is overrated. I like some of his work though, because he can make me laugh. But then again, I'm hardly experienced with comedians. At all.

I do know that I think Carlos Mencia isn't funny at all, though.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Dangerfield was more hit-and-miss than any other comedian. I miss Mitch... Miss him, miss him, miss him.:(

Posted by Arcadios

He has his moments.

This is now a "RIP Mitch Hedberg" thread.

RIP MITCH HEDBERG

Posted by G-Sides

rip mitch hedberg again (for more posts duh) :(:(:(

Posted by TendoAddict

Mitch was such a great comedian because he always told jokes about real life. It was hard not to relate to him. Its not like Dane Cook who jokes about having lazer eyes and doing random ****.

RIP MITCH

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting TendoAddict: Mitch was such a great comedian because he always told jokes about real life. It was hard not to relate to him. Its not like Dane Cook who jokes about having lazer eyes and doing random ****.

RIP MITCH

It was a laser penis.. not eyes..

just saying..

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

it's weird how Mitch Hedburg is so revered when his jokes were kind of blase, it was the delivery that really got people laughing; that and his whole gimmick was "acting funnY" when he delivered, as is Dane Cook's, yet. . . Dane's pretty, popular, and women want his sex, so I guess I can understand why people would hate him (I like them both, personally).

Posted by Linkman

Dane Cook is crap. I watched his Comedy Central Presents, and didn't laugh once.

George Carlin will forever be the king of comedy.

Quoted post: t's weird how Mitch Hedburg is so revered when his jokes were kind of blase, it was the delivery that really got people laughing; that and his whole gimmick was "acting funnY" when he delivered, as is Dane Cook's, yet. . . Dane's pretty, popular, and women want his sex, so I guess I can understand why people would hate him (I like them both, personally).

... you can't even compare them they're so different.

Posted by veritas

I like to watch Jim Gaffigan. I think hes hilarious.

Posted by Sean Fury

I don't like Dane Cook, his personality is just appalling. His jokes are "meh" at best and his shows are dull, despite whatever crap he pulls while on stage.

Posted by veritas

If you are looking for a unique stand up comedian. There was this guy named demitri, and his show was called "Person". That is some original ****.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: it's weird how Mitch Hedburg is so revered when his jokes were kind of blase, it was the delivery that really got people laughing; that and his whole gimmick was "acting funnY" when he delivered, as is Dane Cook's, yet. . . Dane's pretty, popular, and women want his sex, so I guess I can understand why people would hate him (I like them both, personally).

Dane Cook's delivery is just... screaming.

Mitchypoo on the other hand, was funny even when he was not. He was so genuine and cool on stage, you felt like you knew him. As for the RIP Mitch Hedberg, last year on the anniversary of his death my friends and I made an enormous sandwich, we were originally going to do the banana bread, pastrami, cottage cheese sandwich but that was too disgusting so we just made a regular one. This year I'm going to visit his grave, as I can actually drive there on my own now.

And whoever said that, yeah, Demetri is also awesome.

Posted by Bebop

Mitch Hedburg's jokes were funny for much different reasons to other comedians. However it was his delivery that really sold it.

Posted by Jaems

Dane Cook the suckkkk

and yes, plz, Louis CK ftw.

Posted by Remixx

I like him.. not as much as Panic does though.

Posted by Sage Shadows

He's funny, but not 'OMG I JUST CAME' funny.

Posted by Crazy K

I can't stand him. All of my friends praise him and it annoys the hell out of me. Employee of the Month sucked, and his comedy is weak. Anyways I like George Carlin way better.

Posted by junior senior

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]OVER RATED[/COLOR][/SIZE]
*clap clap clap clap clap*

jesus, people don't realize that whole skit was from 2002, I remember seeing that on tv when it first aired. if they start on Jim Breuer, I'm beating up the lil sluts in my town that "I LOVE HIM OMG DANE COOK SO HOT<33" so much. They have all the ****ty material and skits on their iPod.

i swear to ***, all the girls in my school look like they need penises in their mouths.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

mitch. . . acted like a clueless guy messed up on drugs and dane acts like a super excited spazz. WHAT IS SO BRILLIANTLY DIFFERENT?

Posted by Bebop

Because Mitch was chilled out and Dane Cook cant sit still. Thats quite a difference. AND ITS A DIFFERENCE I LIKE ******* IT. I hate it when comedians get too hyper.

Quoted post: I like to watch Jim Gaffigan. I think hes hilarious.

**** yes. This guy is hilarious.

Quoted post: mitch. . . acted like a clueless guy messed up on drugs and dane acts like a super excited spazz. WHAT IS SO BRILLIANTLY DIFFERENT?

... everything?

Posted by Sean Fury

John Pinette, Lewis Black > Dane Cook

Posted by junior senior

wacko hater > dane cook

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Skitzo Control;526806]If I wanted to watch some idiot act make a total ja[COLOR=white]cka[/COLOR] of himself on stage, I'd go to a GG Allin concert.
So you would willingly pay cash to see a guy trounce through his own vomit and feces? Then proceed by ****ing on his own fans, and/or drink his own ****?

[quote=Bj Blaskowitz;526811]Dane Cook is hilarious. You are all wrong. I'm sorry to inform you.
No, sorry BJ, as much as I enjoyed Cook's silent comedic quips within 'Waiting'. He is only mildly "amusing".

Posted by Pit

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lN5fSkcVzuY

*** he sucks

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

you people are ****ing stupid. Let's just bash whatever because it's trendy and chicks want to have sex with him. Then you can't differentiate between one comedian's "delivery" being lame and the other's being "awesome." If someone with a straight face told you every single one of Mitch's jokes you woudln't have laughed. It's the way he told them that made them funny. This plays blows, I'm out. Later

Posted by veritas

On his one HBO special, they made sure he had a big *** stage to run around like a *** dam ****ing fruit. He annoys me so much.

Posted by Dexter

He makes me laff. Aesthetic introduced me to him. I liked the skit about his dream house. I also enjoy over-the-top energy.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: you people are ****ing stupid. Let's just bash whatever because it's trendy and chicks want to have sex with him. Then you can't differentiate between one comedian's "delivery" being lame and the other's being "awesome." If someone with a straight face told you every single one of Mitch's jokes you woudln't have laughed. It's the way he told them that made them funny. This plays blows, I'm out. Later

Or maybe people have different opinions. You find him funny, congratulations.

I just don't find him funny. I don't care if the chicks love him or he's "trendy". Why is it that every time a member dislikes something, someone plays the "you just dislike it cause it's trendy and you're just not trying to conform to society on purpose"

I'm sure all these people like other trendy things that aren't you know, dane cook.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: you people are ****ing stupid. Let's just bash whatever because it's trendy and chicks want to have sex with him. Then you can't differentiate between one comedian's "delivery" being lame and the other's being "awesome." If someone with a straight face told you every single one of Mitch's jokes you woudln't have laughed. It's the way he told them that made them funny. This plays blows, I'm out. Later

Yes, because it's completely impossible that someone might actually not think he's funny. Jesus man, it's not like he's the only bad stand-up in the universe.

btw Steven Wright tells all of his jokes with a straight face and plenty of them are very similar to a lot of Mitch's jokes and they're still funny.

Quoted post: you people are ****ing stupid. Let's just bash whatever because it's trendy and chicks want to have sex with him. Then you can't differentiate between one comedian's "delivery" being lame and the other's being "awesome." If someone with a straight face told you every single one of Mitch's jokes you woudln't have laughed. It's the way he told them that made them funny. This plays blows, I'm out. Later

Funniest post I've ever read. WHICH IS IRONIC SINCE IT'S ABOUT DANE COOK LOL

Posted by Fate

I'm not a fan of Cook although he does have some funny moments. Most of the time I keep thinking he's going to say "AHHHHHHHH YELLING MAKES ME FUNNY" or something. I don't know, maybe my humor is a little more classic. George Lopez, George Carlin, George Burns, Denis Leary, and a few others are my picks.

Posted by S

I laugh at times but as far as over-the-top gestures and emotion goes, Lewis Black holds the candle. Dane Cook just has a different type of humor, typically not all that intelligent. He's got a wackyness to him that's alright now and again, but only in moderation.

Posted by Bebop

The only person Ive seen set of that can do over the top, and yelling to effect is Lee Evans.

Yeah, but it's a crap effect.

Posted by Bebop

Lee Evans is funny, whatever you think of his active movements

Posted by KoH

[quote=Bj Blaskowitz;527821]mitch. . . acted like a clueless guy messed up on drugs and dane acts like a super excited spazz. WHAT IS SO BRILLIANTLY DIFFERENT?

Mitch is actually funny.

Cook?
[URL]http://youtube.com/watch?v=lN5fSkcVzuY[/URL]

or

Mitch?
[URL]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nOnsH29qKzY[/URL]

Sample quotes:

Cook: "Hey we should take a picture and talk about cheese!"

Mitch: "I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy. All day. Like, if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

Posted by Roger Smith

I enjoy watching both Mitch and Dane. Both are funny IMO.

But I'll tell you who isn't funny: Lisa Lampanelli and Jim Gaffigan.

Posted by s0ul

Gaffigan's awesome. Except the uncut Beyond the Pale, where this is an additional hour of him talking about various foods.

Posted by G-Sides

sam kinison did the over the top yelling thing very well r.i.p and he was funny as ****. dane cook just sucks because he does.

Posted by christinadeenadee

Brian Regan is pretty super duper too. He makes me smile.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

MR. COOK MEET... YOUR MAKER!!

WHO WANTS TO SMASH SOME FRUIT!?

Posted by WackoHater2

Gallagher is pretty hilarious. I liked Dave Chappelle's Black Gallagher.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Gallagher + smashing fruit with a huge mallet = Gay bashing extremist?

Posted by Pit

http://www.redban.com/audio/danesteals.mp3

lol

Posted by WackoHater2

That guys impersonation was really terrible.. although I snickered a little about the fake's itchy asshole thing.

Posted by Roger Smith

That just flew right over your head Panic. They weren't impersonating each other. They just had really similar skits.

I understand the getting it by a car thing, but the itchy ******* thing? Everyone's ******* gets itchy now and then.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Roger Smith: Everyone's ******* gets itchy now and then.

Actually, I don't remember that happening to me.

Yeah, I thought it was funny.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: Actually, I don't remember that happening to me.

You sir are a liar, liar pants on FIRE.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Roger Smith: You sir are a liar, liar pants on FIRE.

I am not. Just because your ******* itches like fire doesn't mean you need to point fingers. LOL...

Posted by El Capitan

Dane Cook is probally the worst comedian I have ever seen. His talent is only over acting his jokes to make him look like a fool and thats why people think he's funny. I bet he would be nothing if he couldn't sit still and talk normally.

Posted by Tyler Durden

WHO REVIVED THIS THREAD? YOU SHOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE AND HAVE ANTS DEVOUR YOUR TOATSED TESTICLES!..

Posted by Pit

Quoting Down The Sun: WHO REVIVED THIS THREAD? YOU SHOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE AND HAVE ANTS DEVOUR YOUR TOATSED TESTICLES!..

I revived this thread. Suck my balls sir.

Panic, he didn't impersonate Dane Cook, moron, he told the skits first. Dane Cook just stole the material and changed some things around. Kinda like what Carlos Mencia does, steals other peoples ****.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Pit;537858]I revived this thread. Suck my balls sir.

Atleast grow them first, cumstain.. :cool:

Posted by MarioStar

Dane cook= overrated.

Posted by Roger Smith

Your face is overrated.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=MarioStar;538028]Dane cook= overrated.
Your mom = overrated..

Posted by Pit

Quoting Down The Sun: Atleast grow them first, cumstain.. :cool:

Wow.

Posted by MarioStar

Quoting Down The Sun: Your mom = overrated..

i did your mom.

Posted by Oforia

I have always thought Comedians such as, Lewis Black and Harland Williams, have always been a lot funnier than Dane Cook. But, 99% of the time, the mainstream sucks.

Posted by Akamaru

he has made me laugh a few times but he isn't a comedic *** or something

Posted by Shade

I agree with Mixman. Lewis Black is funny as hell, and Dane Cook gets old when everyone you know is constantly, "haha you just got stung by a bee REMEMBER WHEN DANE COOK DID THAT THING ABOUT BEES!? F*CK BEES! HAHAHA F*CK BEES! THAT WAS HILARIOUS"

Posted by Senator Ramen

If you look at what he's saying, he's really not that funny, all of his comedy is stupid humor. The only reason why people think he's funny is because he jumps around on stage and shouts at everyone.

Posted by Bebop

Preach niga preach. His 'punchline' is yelling. Thats it.

Posted by Linko_16

The only time his jumping around has ever made the joke funny is the one where he asks why bathroom stall doors are always broken, and he depicts a guy who has to go to the crap so bad he just does a flying jump kick on his way in. Being loud and spontanious can make for a good joke, but not when it's all you really base your humor on.

Posted by Iris

It's been said, but delivery is usually what gets people to laugh more than the anecdote. It's perfectly fine if people are amused by Dane Cook's tone of voice. It's not like Mitch Hedberg's voice and appearance didn't contribute to how funny people thought he was.

Posted by s0ul

Except Hedberg's delivery was actually good whereas Cook's makes you want to punch him.

Posted by Bebop

Comedy is the whole package. Tone of voice, timing, delivery, appearance etc. Dane Cook fails in nearly all of these aspects. He occasionally makes an interesting point but its ruined by everything else.

Quoted post: It's not like Mitch Hedberg's voice and appearance didn't contribute to how funny people thought he was.

See, Mitch's jokes were funny though. His delivery sure as hell helped, but they were still funny. Dane Cook, not so much.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

point in case, some mitch jokes:

Cavities are made by sugar. So if you need to dig a hole, then lay down some candy bars!

I want to get non-aerosol mace, you just rub it in. "Dude who is attacking me - come a little closer

I want to ride in a cold air balloon. "This isn't going anywhere!"

I spilled some vodka on the carpet, and I vacuumed it up, and the vacuum got drunk. I had to take the Hoover to detox

If Spiderman was real, and I was a criminal, and he shot me with his web, I would say, "Dude, thanks for the hammock."

An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

yeah, that's comedic brilliance right there just reading it off the page. His delivery had NOTHING to do with it. You fucking tools.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, Mitch Hedberg's jokes had to be read like Mitch Hedberg. It had to be like a really stoned guy making stupid observations in order to be funny at all.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz:
An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

My favorite one. I miss Mitch :( :( :(

Quoted post: yeah, that's comedic brilliance right there just reading it off the page. His delivery had NOTHING to do with it. You ****ing tools.

lol how does i read the part where I specifically say "His delivery sure as hell helped," lol. You're such a fag over Dane Cook it's hilarious. Also, I lol'd at a couple of those you posted. Huh.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

no, you said "they were still funny". They were not "still funny". Mitch's delivery was the only reason his jokes were as funny as they were. I'm not tripping balls because everybody here hates Dane Cook. I'm tripping balls because their reasons for it are stupid. They get all upset about Dane acting goofy onstage when every good comedian has some weird act he does while telling his jokes. It's contradictory to praise one for it and ostracize the other. I think they're all pretty funny. I think you guys are just pulling the annoying "anti-trendy" bandwagon bull****.

'Cause Mitch isn't hugely popular right? Nor is Lewis Black? and so and so on. lol

Like I said, Mitch's jokes are certainly funny because of his delivery, but quite a few of them still get a laugh out of me when I read them or hear them from someone else. With Dane Cook, he needs to be telling them to be funny. Otherwise there's just nothing there. He's all flare and no substance while Mitch Hedberg and Lewis Black use a bit of both.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

additionally:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVFvz7fkxUA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppepTPOiHp8

Russell Peters is funnier than everybody mentioned thus far.

I have never heard/seen Mitch Hedberg, and I found some of the above jokes hilarious.

Posted by The underground

dane cook has a very very few funny moments next to none but is super over rated i miss Dangerfeild RIP Dangerfeild No respect!

Posted by KoH

Wow, Russell Peters has impressed me. He's now on my top 5.

Posted by Roger Smith

I enjoy Katt Williams.

"I've been shot and it aint what it's cracked up to be. When you get shot, don't no music play and don't no bitches come out and start dancing."

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: With Dane Cook, he needs to be telling them to be funny. Otherwise there's just nothing there.

It's not funny even when he does tell them.

People saying he isn't funny because he uses his delivery to be funny are stupid, if there are any of those. I sure as hell won't be checking. I think the general consensus is that his delivery is incredibly annoying and even when you get past that the jokes aren't funny. Maybe that's just me being sensible. ;)

I think all the people saying that it's only the delivery that makes X comedian's jokes funny are missing the point. I don't go to a comedy club to analyse the humour, I go to laugh. If it's because of the delivery, or the actual joke, or the guy's accent or funny tie, that doesn't matter, because I found it amusing.

That said, I don't find Dane Cook's mannerisms, delivery, or anything amusing. Some of the jokes are okay but they're ruined by the delivery, so *shrug*

Whoever brought of Russell Peters makes a good point. Good stuff right thurr.

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting Roger Smith: I enjoy Katt Williams.

KATT WILLIAMS IS THE TRUTH. one of the ****ing funniest commedians i've ever seen evr.

Girls aren't funny.

Posted by G-Sides

if that was @ katt, then may i correct you; katt williams is a man :|

Guys with girl names are occasionally funny, but only because they're guys with girl names.

Posted by maian

I don't hate Dane Cook. He's not great, but I've laughed at a bit of his stuff.

Nonetheless, did anyone read Mad Magazine's "We Pick on Dane Cook"? I bol'd so hard. I don't actually read Mad Magazine, but I saw it in our grocery store. Absolutely hilarious.

"2:30 PM: Dane Cook watches a documentary on epilepsy and movement disorders to hone good stage presence"

If you ever see it at a store or something anywhere, it's definitely worth a read.

Posted by Roger Smith

The Katt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Katt_Williams.jpg

Oh he's black? I can already predict his routine.

Posted by KoH

lmao That was quite funny, Vamp.

If anyone still has the slightest notion in their mind that Dane Cook is a decent comedian or even human being, watch Employee of the Month. You will have a burning hate that will last until the end of time.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

an interesting video I just found concerning Joke Stealing, which Dane has been accused of a few times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nEH8H5BqWg
Carlos Mencia? NO WAAAAY

Posted by s0ul

Carlos is worse than Cook, man.

Much worse. Easily one of the worst comedians, actually.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah but his retard noise is PRICELESS!! It's one of those things that gets funnier every time he does it. Like, every time I hear it I can discover a whole new layer of hilarious meaning behind all the other levels it's already funny on. I don't know how he does it.

Posted by Shade

Wow, I seem to have a different sense of humor than you guys. I think Dane Cook is funny, it's just people quote the **** out of his jokes so it's like, "hey dude remember when dane coo-" "you said that 5 seconds ago". And I like Mind of Mencia. =/

Whatever. Lewis Black is still the best.

Posted by maian

Brian Regan is good :mad:

Anyway, Mencia sucks. Period. To me, Cook is okay. But Mencia is just awful.

Posted by G-Sides

i saw a mencia special from a few years ago on hbo or showtime or some **** and it was funnyyyy, and this was before he got big and had his own show and ****. all of his specials past that haven't been good at all, nor has his show.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, the "Comedy Central Presents" episode he had was where I first saw him and I thought he was great. He's blown up now and he's definitely now as good as he used to be, but I'm still a little defensive of him. I still laugh sometimes.

I loved that semi-recent joke of his about having to go see "Passion of the Christ" and everyone around him was in tears, and when he some weepy, whiney girls asked "Why aren't you crying?", he just says "'Cause I read the book, *****." I completely agreed with him on that subject, and I usually do if he's using the joke to try and make a serious point.

I don't see much of his show. What I have seen was sometimes good, sometimes lame.