ddr vs. Guitar Hero

Posted by Red

I noticed that over X-Mas many people had gotten those two games. I personally like Guitar hero better, it's more fun in my oppinion, and Dance Dance Revolution may be fun to some people, but I don't like being watched while doing it, because it's humiliating.

anyway which do you prefer and why?

Posted by WackoHater2

I like Guitar Hero better. I'm going to be brutally honest in my reasoning as well. I like Guitar Hero better because I am good at it and I don't mind being watched play it. DDR is a good game and it's fun, but my fat *** can hardly ever keep up with the buttons and it's embarrassing to be watched when I suck.

Posted by Sehwar

I have both games, and they're great, but Guitar Hero's controller is really awkward for me to use--I can't stretch my fingers that far, so I can't play any modes other than 'easy.'

So I like DDR better...it's easier to improve, and has more variety in the music...and it's a much better way to get excercise than going running in -3 degree weather.

Posted by Lord of Spam

play GH while high and you think you're a rockstar. Play DDR while high and you fall on your face.

GH wins.

Posted by Roger Smith

You fell down didn't you 50000head?

I'm not one to use guitars, so I stick to my hands and feet. Stepmania and DDR respectively.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Nah, but you just look like a total retard with DDR. in fact, the better you are the more retarded you look. with guitar hero, you look like a total retard, but you're rocking out in the process, so its cool. plus, since it doesnt have the super nerdy connections, its possible to bust out the guitar hero at a party and not be ostracised as the guy thats playing video games at a party.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Both for me because Im good at both of them. I would pick GH over DDR, but DDR was my roots to music sim games and I have played that alot longer than GH, so I choose both of them.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Lord of Spam;529560]play GH while high and you think you're a rockstar. Play DDR while high and you fall on your face.

GH wins.

That is, quite possibly, the most logical quip you have said all year.

Posted by Ant

DDR. It's more fun than GH in my opinion. The songs are really drawn out and extremely repetitive in GH, which makes me bored with it half way through. But I suppose that's the basis of rock music in general. DDR songs are nice and short, very active, and keeping you moving. And, being the faggot that I am I like the music in DDR more in general.

Posted by G-Sides

guitar hero. more fun and easier to play imo. and i actually know most of the music beforehand, too. ddr is just like the same weird yet cool jtechno song over and over again to me.

Posted by Obscurum Contagiion

Guitar hero is ok...
... DDR is not

Posted by Crazy K

I like them both. But I like GH much better, just for the fact that you don't look like a total douche wile playing it. As for DDR I should get back to it, I play behind closed doors so I don't feel embarrassed when playing it.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I must say, I'm a fan of both games. It's fun to get a bunch of people together to play DDR. Jump around, attempt to dance and all that good stuff. But after that it gets boring. Now guitar hero on the other hand is fun for those parties but its also fun to play by yourself.

Posted by brownoystercult

The Guitar Hero series no doubt.

That said, I pre-ordered GH II for the 360 today, and put down a whopping $97 towards it.

Posted by Red

360's guitar hero was a bad idea in my oppinion, why the hell couldn't they just wait for GH3 to come out for the PS3, then they could put it out for the 360 too. now X-Box, has the "better" GH2, so all the Sony fanboy's will be ****ed off!

Posted by Tyler Durden

I would have to say DDR, because my friend's sister is quite possibly very ****in' good at it.. Even playing blindfolded, and backwards; her memory is like that of a steel trap. And, I'd love to watch her play, sometime.. :fight:

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

gh unless ddr is in cs

http://thatvideosite.com/video/1137

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

yea, i never liked DDR that much, i mean its good. but i think that guitar hero wins by a long shot.

Posted by MarioStar

DDR is to much work.

Posted by TheSorrow

Guitar Hero, never have really like DDR

Posted by veritas

Guitar Hero. Just got it. I really like it. Hard mode is just too hard for me. Ill stick to medium.

Posted by karateteen14

Guitar Hero because i can't dance at all!!!! i played it one time and it was horrible my boyfriend still laughs at it

Posted by Red

...wow this thread is almost a year old.

Posted by muffla

i vote for rockband

Posted by Borealis

Out of the two, I'd say DDR deserves the better ranking, but GH is fun too. I personally don't like to pick and say which one is 'better,' so yeah.

Posted by Xero

Dance Dance Revolution. I prefer stepping on arrows :p:

Posted by NikkoFreako

i prefer GH.
Maybe it's cuz I actually play guitar (even tho most guitarists hate it because everything is ALL WRONG)
Maybe it's just because i can't dance and strobe flashing colorful music paired with some techno gives me headaches.
Or maybe cuz I'm actually good at GH :]

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

I'd say DDR if it was about 2004. But right now, DDR is out, GH is in, and the only place I'll play DDR, is at home, alone. And I don't own any of the new DDR games anyways - last one I bought was the PS2 version of Extreme. I kill at GH2 and 3.