Today I am not ashamed of my countrymen's musical taste

Posted by Arwon

[url=http://triplej.abc.net.au/hottest100/countdown/]Augie March win Triple J's Hottest 100[/url]

For those not in the know, Triple J is a national "Yoof" Radio station and the Hottest 100 is their big yearly poll about favourite music that draws around 500 000 votes. This year, in a rare show of taste (and a huge upset), Australia actually got it right.

I guess this band aren't a well-kept secret any more. That's a little sad, but at least when people ask me my favourite band these days they've heard of my response.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

don't worry; i still have no idea who they are. which is weird, because you have good taste in music so i shouldve looked them up a while ago.

Posted by Shade

The whole list is pretty 'meh' to me. With the exception of Muse and RHCP.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, most of that countdown was music I'd never listen to. I wish that "Supermassive Black Hole" was higher on that list. It's my most played song.

Oh, Shade, you like Muse now?

Posted by Richaod

Augie March's singer kind of reminds me of Bob Dylan. Great song though. This year's Hottest 100 was pretty good - less Jet, at least.

Posted by Arwon

Yeah the whole Moo You Bloody Choir album has a bit of a Dylan vibe, you can tell he'd been listening to it a lot around the time of recording.

'Bottle Baby' in particular would sound like he was channeling Dylan's spirit, excpet that Dylan ain't dead.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

that can be arranged.