My NES Collection!!!

Posted by JannettyTheRocker

I've decided to start collecting, playing, and beating NES games, something that I've been wanting to do for years, and after downloading some games on my Wii (Virtual Console), I've got my lust back for the NES. I have about a few random games to this point. They are:

Bases Loaded 2
A Boy And His Blob
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Castlevania 2 : Simon's Quest
Crystalis
Double Dragon 3
Dragon Warrior
Final Fantasy
Ice Hockey
Guerilla War
John Elway's Quarterback
Legend Of Zelda
Megaman 2
Megaman 5
Metroid (Yellow Label)
Metroid (Grey Label)
Ninja Gaiden 2
Panic Restaurant
Punch Out (non-Mike Tyson version)
Shadowgate
Shinobi
Startropics
Super Mario Bros 3 (Complete and mint)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Track & Field 2
WWF Wrestlemania Challenge

Over the last few days, I've started adding to my collection. Here's what I've got so far (or what's coming to me through the email, off of eBay) :

- Official NES Top Loader Console in great condition with original packaging and accessories (dog-bone controller included too)
- Dragon Warrior IV
- The Legend Of Zelda 2 : The Adventure's of Link

Feb 1/2007 Update
Won the following games off of eBay:
- Marble Madness
- Ninja Gaiden
- Friday The 13th

Feb 4/2007 Update
- Castlevania II : Simon's Quest (now have 2 copies, but it came with a lot)
- Batman : The Video Game
- Gauntlet
- Double Dragon II

I'm going to keep this thread active and up to date as I add to my collection, as it grows.

Posted by bazariah

thats a nice little collection of quality games you got there champ

Posted by NES Queen

get dr. mario, practice till your thumbs go numb, then play against me via emulator so i can add another name to my list of defeated challengers

I'm looking for a copy of Dr. Mario actually, and I use to be wicked at that game. I have no clue how to play it in versus over an emulator, but I'd love to try. Let me know if you're serious, and how I'd set that up.

Posted by NES Queen

I'm as serious as an ebola outbreak.

You'd have to get a copy of [URL="http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nes/nestopia.html"]Nestopia[/URL]. We need to both be using the same version, so I'll probably have to update mine when we get ready to go. And you need the same exact file name as me for the Dr. Mario rom (I can always send it to privately).

It's not a perfect system, it lags and disconnects a lot, but its better than nothing. I've beaten Dexter and a few others, Baz keeps chickening out and won't play against me. But let me know when you're ready to give it a try.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting NES Queen: Baz keeps chickening out and won't play against me. But let me know when you're ready to give it a try.

lol

not that i chickened out, im just too lazy to download a new emulator for my new pc lol...

plus i'd have to use keys and this new wireless keyboard i got is a bit twitchy

minute i manage to aquire a decent enough pad your on :)

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Dr. Mario isn't really my game. I'm more of a Kirby's Avalanche guy. But I do have a great deal of appreciation for the song "Chill" on the Dr. Mario soundtrack.

Posted by Proto Man

Meh, and I myself am more of a Tetris Attack person. Although I don't do so bad in Dr. Mario myself.

Anyhow, nice collection. Top Loaders are a difficult achievement these days if you don't want to shell out a bunch of dough.

Feb 1/2007 Update
- Marble Madness
- Ninja Gaiden
- Friday The 13th

Posted by Omni

Your collection is pretty good. I used to have somewhere around 60 NES games and 2 NES systems with controllers, one of each model. Then some pricks who lived near me robbed my house when I was on vacation and I never saw them again.

Feb 4/2007 Update
- Castlevania II : Simon's Quest (now have 2 copies, but it came with a lot)
- Batman : The Video Game
- Gauntlet
- Double Dragon II

Posted by Zelda_Guy

ooooooo nice collection

Posted by KingdomIdiot

Akk! An NES collection with only one Mario game? What is the world coming to...

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt (X2)
Rygar
Legend of Zelda
Megman 3
Barbie (came with NES at yard sale, only reason i have it)

Posted by Dexter

Quoting EvilDeadGamer: Barbie (came with NES at yard sale, only reason i have it)

But it's still a good game to have in your collection. It's one of the weirder ones. Weird is good. I like them. Something about how tall Barbie is and the whole dream/shopping aspect is quite peculiar. Even for the time it was strange, but even more so now. The game's actually really challenging too. Have you been able to defeat it or even progress very far?

If I was at your house and saw your collection, I would be most excited over Barbie. It would be the one I'd choose to play.

Posted by neofreak91

In my town one video rent store they have Barbie game complete nes for sale $4

Posted by Dexter

Video rental stores are still carrying NES games? I was surprised when I saw one store carrying 64 games. Buy that Barbie game!

Posted by neofreak91

also Video rental stores in my town they have
nintendo 64 70 games they sale for $7 each
also they have super nintendo sega genesis turbo grafx 16 all complete