Blast from the Slight past....TES: Oblivion

Posted by Reachel

Honestly I have read most of the threads on here and they are mostly about like multi and all that. But I just got back in my old game oblivion(even though it has only been like a year almost) It has pretty much dipped back, and frankly there isn't much to say...but regaurdless I find it hard to let a good game just sink back down. Anybody like any part of it? I can't stop laughing at how much glitches there was on it even if the graphics were good. I mean youtube kept me entertained for a while, with all the 'escaping from the towns' and stuff. Hm, not much to say besides this and that I am hoping Halo 3 is good >.>; I have a bad problem, I get the huge and hype to play the halo's so far come out, but when multi comes and stuff, it dulls the game maybe because I am not so good at the multi anyway....I am hyped for that but if anybody would care to travel back in time and talk about oblivion. ^^;;

Posted by Axis

Change your friggin' font, please.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I thought this thread was about Oblivion and not Halo 3. Stopped caring.

Posted by Last Fog

I still haven't played it, and as much as I really want to, theres always another game that comes out and steals my attention. I'll eventually get Oblivion when there's nothing else new at the time, if that ever happens. :/

Posted by hypnotize_

You should make buying Oblivian your priority, because despite the glitches it still owns. There is so much **** to do too.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Which is the problem. I sunk 300 hours into that game and was really only able to because no other major games were out at that point in time. Now there's quite a bit, and though it's amazing, I'd say play whatever games you want to first and dedicate a large chunk of time in the future to sit down and play Oblivion. Because, really, once you get into it you get into it. But the second you ignore it for even a couple of days it loses its hold on you.

Posted by Skitzo Control

The problem with the Elder Scrolls games is that they are just so massive, it's hard to sit down and play them. Much like other "large" games (like MMOs), you need to be able to devote a lot of time for them to be entertaining. You can't just pick up Oblivion for 20 minutes a day and be engaged into the storyline and gameplay and, thus, actually have fun. You have to be able to set aside six hours at a time to do something of any great value, both story- and entertainment-wise.

Posted by Last Fog

Yeah I figure I'll get it over the summer, when I have a lot of time to waste. If it's as time consuming as I hear, I don't need it disrupting more important stuff (i.e. schoolwork).

Posted by muffla

yea its like you sti down saying "ill play for a half hour untill i gotta go to work" *4 hrs later* "o well im already late might as well call in sick"

Posted by Axis

Oblivion would be the perfect game to play this summer. I logged in at least 150 hours into. Will log in a ton more once I get some points and buy the expansions.

Posted by Reachel

Well, I did buy it and yes I did play it >.>. I feel kind of worthless since I first played it easy when I got into it though I put the setting on normal and that is where the game got consuming. Seriously I thought that I wouldn't leave my chair to do anything. Frankly except for the bare essencials I didnt' really. My girlfriend is now into it. Which I am quite surprised to see. I thought she woudl hate it but she likes it. The reason I made this thread was to talk about it and since it had such a hold on me. I thoguht about talking about it. Yes the game itself has glitches some nasty ones too. Espically the theives guild mission for that ring. I have a level 30 something knight or so. When I went to grab the ring I grabbed two copies of it, thus screwing any chance of finishing that **** quest. So yes there are some that are annoying. Another one was when I was in a dungon and I hit a switch and the door that was supposed to be open didn't open. I can't remember how I passed the quest but I over looked the problem and was able to finish it. But besides some of the glitch downsides I like the game quite a lot and it can hold me over until that game I mentioned. Never ment to be the full conversation about arrives. Oblivion does what it predassor did a bit back. Except a lot more to do, yeah I have put a lot of time into this game and back when I had my old faluty, 'stolen' 360(they sent me a 360 that didn't belong to me.) it would freeze a lot. Anyway, just a thing to talk about since everybody else puts up things they like. Just thought I would do the same and about a game I have been putting mind and soul into.