Revised Empty Book Chapter 2

Posted by Wally The Weird

This is a revised version of the second chapter of the Emoty Book. Tell me what you all think!

"I have been alone, my old friend, for over seven, very, very long years." Said the man. He spoke alone, and no one could hear him, but he gazed on the picture of the man he saw as his enemy, his adversary, his reason to live. He gazed upon a man who called himself king, a man who wielded the keyblades so well, he has been known to use three at a time.
This man, garbed in a black kilt, black open vest, and a blood red cape, obsessed over this king more then any other indivisual who he sought revenge against. This man, who's golden complextion, bright red eyes, and otherwise bare figure, with silver hair fell to the ground and trailed his feet, stood in a dark realm, only himself and that picture exsisted there.
And yet, there still was a voice that he alone could hear.
"The time draws near, and with it, an end to this man, and to all those who betrayed you. Soon, we shall rule as one body and one mind, and we shall cover the world in an endless darkness that will never vanish, even in the light of infinity.
"I know." The man spoke again. He gazed a little longer at the picture, and then it burst into black fire in his hand. Quietly at first, and then slowly more audible, he let out a laugh, a laugh so cruel sounding and filled with malice, that even the countless heartless and nobodies that were within his presence gave pause in fear to it.
"The pawns are all in place, the keyblader shall fall!"
Enemy At The Gates

"Charge you heartless! Sweep away the castle, and all who dwell within!" Septeo called. The Kingdom he was invading was the last stronghold against his power left on that world, he had been saving it for last. Not only because it was the largest and most powerful, but also because he at least two people there.
There was a thunderous sound and the great doors to the castle fell to the ground, the entire kingdom was now exposed! The heartless swarmed, countless numbers of them, and began to destroy everything that there was! Buldings were set ablaze, women and children were consumed and converted into heartless themselves, and anarchy let loose!
"The main castle is still ahead, this is only the kingdom!" The dark warrior cried out. His power had grown exponentialy in the years since Ryth's defeat. He now controlled the majority of heartless, appropriatley named 'The Brood', and had merged hismelf fully with his alternate self, unlocked stores of powers and ability no one thought exsisted. His blade Tide had changed as well, having absorbed a spell book written by a powerful wizard, it was now a rune blade, and contained countless spells that he could now wield.
"Come forth, Dark Leviathan!" Holding his runeblade Tide high into the air, the steel began to glow dark blue. From the sky came a torrential down pour that would have flodded the entire kingdom. Instead, the waters became malleable, and merged together, forming the heartless version of the great sea serpent; Leviathan!
The dragon roared as it floated in the sky, a thunderous noise that shook all the homes and buildings still standing in the kingdom. The serpent lashed out, and crushed everything in a wave of water and sound. When the waters receded, and leviathans mighty attack was done, the only thing left that stood, was the heartless.
"Now, leviathan! Level this kingdom, into dust!" The dragon roared at its master's command. Coiling back like a cobra, it inhaled, and then let loose from its mouth a wave of destructive water that could decimate mountains and level cities! The force of this 'Tsunami Breath' was so great, even the impact from a spell like Comet paled in comparison.
Yet nothing happened.
The wave went no further then a certain point around the castle, and then it hit a magical barrier. The flood of water and the spray washed over many heartless, drowning them in their own leaders attack. Before the wave could reach Septeo however, he mearly raised his right arm, with Tide in hand, and the wave stopped.
"So, it seems that white witch Aurie hasn't lost her touch! Very well, I suppose a new approach! Heartless, I must venture in alone, the light is too strong for your kind!" He then held up his left hand, and exactly one half of the remaining heartless vanished away on command. However, the other one half dissipated into smoke, which gathered into the dark warriors palm, along with Leviathan's heartless. When his spell was complete, Septeo had a hand as black as coal with power flowing from it. He let loose a wave of darkness that consumed the barrier, and shattered it from exsistence.
"Time to die, Keyblade King!"
Inside Key Castle

"Flare Bit 2." Said the soft spoken voice. Several balls of fire came to life, and shot out in every which direction. Ten gaurds instantly became canned soup, and Septeo walked right over them.
"Halt!" A second voice came, this one most definatley female. Septeo turned, and was met with a woman in a dark robe, much like the one worn by the strongest of Nobodies. She lowered her hood, revealing a patched eye and a pale complextion. She also held in her hands a long and elegant curved blade with the number 7 embedded in the hilt.
"My my, Fera, head gaurd to the queen herself! This IS an honor!" Septero mocked his oponnent. He drew his blade and locked eye's as best he could with her. "Tell me, steal any souls recently?"
With those a words, a spark and the loud shrill cry of steel meeting steel rang out!
"No, but I'll take pleasure in eating yours! I might get ten stones from yours alone!" Her voice dropped slightly, and took on a more demonic tone. Aref was now in control.
"Tribute Seven!" She cried, and let loose six rapid blows! One on each arm, one on each leg, and two across Septeo's chest in the shape of an X. "Finisher!" She swung high and hard, and attmepted to decapitate her opponent in one fel swoop.
"Fire Ball!" Before she had finished al six slashed, Septeo began his spell, and just before she could lop off his head, he let a single blast of fire loose right between the two, seperating them from each other. Septeo had been protected by the magical field that surrounds all sorcerer's when casting, but Aref slammed into the far wall, badly burned.
"Nightmare Cleave!" A more masculine voice called from afar. Septeo only had time to turn and see the shadow that willed its self into reality just behind him, weilding a massive battle axe. Septeo was clooven clean in two, but vanished into shadows, reappearing a few feet away, startled by the sudden intrusion, but otherwise fine.
"Sean, head gaurd to the King himself! Both of you out to stop me from killing them? I am impressed AND honored! This is just so wonderful!" He laughed long and hard as more gaurds arrived to stop him. "However, I feel I am running out of time, and must be on my way!" As he spoke, Septeo sheathed his blade and then traced his finger in the air in a wide circle, a trail of light following it exactly.
The men gasped in horror, while Septeo only smiled.
"Boom!" He said this quietly but with a powerful tone of voice. From the circle he trace, a pillar of light formed, surrounding him. Suddenly, everything outside the pillar was cought in a terrible explosion of flame and dust. The stone was blackned, the walls were charred, and every gaurd that was there was now dead, cooked alive.
"N-nooooo." Sean moaned. He was strong, and his aura alone had protected him a great deal from the attack, but he was in poor condition, and could barley move, let alone resist.
"Why Sean, you're still alive! I am very impressed indeed! I'll tell you what? I will let you live as long as the kings head is still on his shoulders. But if when I get back with his skull on my belt, and you're still here, I'll see to it personaly, that your body is torn to shreads just slow enough for your heart to give into the darkness!" He offered the deal to the beaten down warrior, and then went on his merry way, whistling to himself as he destroyed the gates with an unknown spell.
"OH SHI-" The dark warrior suddenly yelled. Three keyblades, all of them light, came spinning at him from Eiyuu at high speeds that were utterly unmatchable. With some creative dodging, Septeo managed to avoid them all, but they vanished and reappeared in his enemies hand's before he knew what was going on.
Eiyuu, lord of the decimated kingdom, was a master keyblader unlike any other ever recorded. His mental cappacity was used up fully when he did, but he had the ability to wield three keyblades, one enlongated in his hands, while the other two floated around him, bound to his will. This meant he could not use conventional magic like Fire or Cure, but his offencive power was startling.
"Kayne! Take Aurie and get our son out of here!" Eiyuu called. The Dragoon, Captain of the gaurds did not protest. He too was a keyblader, but no where near on the same level as Eiyuu. Aurie cradled a small crying child in her arms as Kayne pulled her away through the emergency portal, a corridor of darkness, but to a halfway world, to reduce corrosion to the heart. As she stepped through, she felt something odd, just before she and her baby vanished.
"Awww, the King got busy in my absence! So, since Ryth isn't around anymore, should I kill that woman too, much like she killed Renai!?" Septeo was pushing all the right buttons now. Eiyuu charged, his long Keyblade going for a downward slash while the two mid-air Keyblades went ahead of him, spinning on diagonals like floating buzz-saws!
"ARC!" Septeo cried out! He slashed his blade horizontaly through the air, sending out a wave of light that struck down the two keyblades, but Eiyuu was too fast, and jumped into the air and brought his full force down on Septeo in one power-house swing!
"Metablade!" Eiyuu called on all his might, and converted his blade into pure energy! Whatever it could not cut, the blade would pass right through, meaning Septeo could not parry the attack with his own blade! However, before he could reach the warrior, Septeo smiled and spoke softly his most dangerous spell.
"Backlash." Suddenly, the entire amount of energy held in Eiyuu's hands exploded and reversed its self, dealing massive amounts of damage to both combatants, but especially to Eiyuu. Septeo hit the ground hard, and Eiyuu even harder. Septeo rose to his feet, picked up his Katana, and walked over to the fallen King.
"Nightmare Cleave!" This time, he got him! Septeo managed to lunge forward and avoid some of the damage, but he still got a deep gash into his back, and was tossed a good deal away from Sean, who stood almost fully rejuvinated! He held in his hands an elixir, the source of his sudden recovery!
"Sire! We must make haste, Septeo planted a bomb in the castle and it will explode any moment!" He picked up the king, who was slowly recovering, but still concious. They slowly made their way to the pedestal that activated the corridor of darkness, but it did not respond.
"D@mnit, the corridor is locked! We must find another way out!" While Sean said this, Eiyuu chugged down an elixir that Sean had given
him. After a brief pause, the keyblade suddenly reappeared in his hands with a flash of light. Carefuly, he pointed the blade at the pedestal.
"No need Sean, I've got us covered!" With these words, Eiyuu set a beam of light out from the tip of his keyblade that hit the pedestal ever so gently. There was a faint click, and then the corridor of darkness opened! Eiyuu paused for a moment in victory, and then turned to Septeo for a moment. "Good ridance you slime! Let's go Sean!" As he spoke, he turned around and walked towards the corridor, when a faint voice stopped him.
"Heh heh, hahahahahaaaa... You idiot!" Septeo chuckled half-heartedly. Eiyuu turned around to see him, standing on a limp, using his katana as a cain. "First...of all... Do you really think... that running through...D-darkness, is...going...to... slow... me... down?" He asked this question very slowly, taking deep breaths and gasping. Hsi wounds were gone, but much of his life-force was used up, rendering him weakened. He chuckled again, very slowly.
"It will, if I lock the entrance to where we go when I get there. That way you'd have to guess where we went." Eiyuu countered.
"Ok... But... I think you should know... I didn't plant a bomb... Heh heh heh... Isn't that right... Sean?!" As he asked this, Eiyuu turned, and was sucker punched by Sean, who chuckled slightly.
"No you did not Septeo, however, someone asked me to tell Eiyuu here that you did!" Sean reached into his pocket and pulled out a small crystal of clear diamond, and then tossed it into the corridor, changing it's color ever so slightly.
"Who did you betray me to!?" Eiyuu demanded to know!
"Me, traitor!" Came a lone voice from the portal.
The portal flashed the entire spectrum of colors, and then collapsed into its self, forming a solitary figure! The sorcerer in the void, who obsessed over the picture of Eiyuu! His Kilt, vest, and general physique gave him the impression of familiarity to Eiyuu and even Septeo, but they could not quite recognize me.
"Now now, where is the other, Sean?" The man in black asked. Sean kneeled to him, placing his left hand on Eiyuu's back, keeping him pinned to the ground.
"Mi'lord, Aurie has fled to the half-way-world Edge of Oblivion, along with the dragoon Kayne." When he said this, the man in black gave a pause for a moment.
"Interesting destination Eiyuu, I suppose you wanted a half-world for the benefit of less corrosion. Very well." When he spoke, he let out two voices, one was of a young man, while the other was lower, and demonic. He snapped his fingers, and a portal appeared and vanished, depositing a figure in white on the ground next to Eiyuu.
"Aurie!" Eiyuu cried, running to her side, using all of his might to force Sean off of him. He ran to her, and held her in his arms. Aurie looked dazed and confused, and could not taker her eyes off of the man in black, standing in front of her. "D@mn you! You traitor!" Eiyuu yelled this, and called all three keyblades to his side, and charged for Sean with all his might!
While Eyiuu ran, a streak of black zipped right past him! Eiyuu did not notice, and cloased in on Sean. Raising his keyblade high, he brought it down hard, but was deflected by Seans powerful axe!
"What?" Eiyuu let loose. He gasped because, nothing else followed his attack!
"Looking for these?" Eiyuu turned, and saw him. The man in black now held in his hands, both the keyblades that should have been following him along with his other keyblade. "Sorry, but I can't allow you to play rough!" Black lightning pulsed from the mans hands and into the blades! They twisted and discolored, and they changed their formed into dark, twisted keyblades! The man floated an inch or so above the ground, and then flew towards Eiyuu, spinning and slashing at him!
Each blade was blocked by a powerful barrier.
"Aurie, you never cease to amaze me." The man remarked, disummoning the keyblades and returning them to Eiyuu. "Sean!" At his becon, Sean rose back to his feet, and went over to the man. "You have done your due, and I suppose you want her back then?" Sean was taken aback at this, but nodded silently.
"HA! So you couldn't quite kill either of them Eiyuu!" Septeo remarked, collapsing to the ground and laughing like a mad man. Everyone stared at him, even the man in black and Sean. "You couldn't manage to kill the demoness Ryth, OR your best friend Vecks!" Septeo cackled at this remark, and then vanished into darkness, retreating where he had been beaten.
"Vecks!?" Eiyuu asked. The man in black turned to him, and smiled broadly.
"Half right, Traitor! I was once Vecks, and still am, but now I return to you as the demon king Vecks! Tremble before my terrible power!" He spoke these words and his demonic tongue spoke more then his human. From the darkness came a large crystal, similar to the one Sean used to open the corridor to his new master. Inside, was a single woman.
"Anara!" Sean called, running to her and grasping the crystal. "You've done it! You've brought her back to life!" Sean lay praise to his master. Everyone else, however, had a sence of forboding, when Vecks began to smile wickedly.
"Well, actually, I found giving her new life was problematic; it just didn't work out right. So instead, I twisted her feral spirit, and turned her into a chimera!" Vecks snapped his fingers, and the crystal shattered, releasing the new incarnation of Anara, who was killed two years ago! Her form changed istantly, covering her arms and chest in white fur, changing her skin silver, and her eyes into that of a heartless! She grew a long thin tail, with her old knife alchemically fuzed to the end, and dripping with poison. Her legs twisted and grew new joints, as well as becoming much more powerful. Finally, on her head grew two heartless antennae, and on her back two silver wings.
No one dared to watch the screams that came from Sean as his beloved was returned to him, and she slowly beat him to death.
"I'm sorry, Aurie." Eiyuu spoke very quietly. He then charged for Vecks, drawing on not three, but four keyblades! His mind would begin to shard, and he would die four times before he he actually passed away! Two Keyblades floated beside him, while two keyblades were held in his hands. He unleashed an attack on Vecks that could have killed him, however, Vecks was too fast for Eiyuu. And Eiyuu knew it, which is why he didn't try to kill him.
All four keyblades let loose a beam of light each, and each beam struck the portal! The portal began to shimmer, and then in one burst, errupted and consumed the room in shadows!
They were all now within the realm of darkness.
"HAH! Do you really think that this is enough to stop me!? I can easily return any number of people, inccluding myself, to any realm I see fit! The dimensional walls alone can stop me, and not even they shall stand for long!" Vecks boasted his awesome power by mearly waving his hand, and sending Eiyuu crashing into the ground, all four keyblades with him.
"No, I don't! But, I can try to save my wife!" Eiyuu let go. All four keyblades hovered around him, and began to revolve around him. they expanded and moved, and then zeroed in around Aurie. They spun around her, each tracing a beam of light! The light grew and enveloped Aurie, until she vanished, leaving only the keyblades behind.
"Until that day, when the sins of the father, are redeemed by the son!" Calling on all his power, Eiyuu stood up, and all four keyblades came to his side! They expanded out in the shape of a perfect square, and then slammed into the ground. Two beams of light from each created the image of a box with an X through the middle, with Eiyuu in the center. The light flodded the area, and hurt Vecks, if only just a bit.
Then the Keyblade King, died.
Vecks stood there as Eiyuu's body was consumed by the darkness, to be returned to the earth from whence it came. Vecks laughed, and laughed, and laughed. The Heartless were too afraid to come to him. He vanished, and began his reign of terror, and plunged the world into an everlasting nightmare.
Darkness and Light, both quivered in fear at the very mention of his name.

Y'know, feel free to comment, it's not like anything else is going on in this section.

I thought Arc was going to have his chapter up on Sunday? Or did he mean THIS sunday?

Posted by Arcadios

My comps been busted for sometime now....I'll get it in....eventually.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Arcadios: My comps been busted for sometime now....I'll get it in....eventually.

Just try to get it in by March, kay?
____
Hey did you read my poorly written chapter yet?
____
Wally, I have to say that I absolutely loved that chapter. The battles were awesome. Your use of Anara really made tears go streaming down my face, but that's what made it so good. I also enjoyed how Anara and Sean's relationship remained intact, but their story went in the complete opposite direction of how I wrote it. Keep up the good work; I WANT MORE!

One thing though, is it supposed to be "Septeo" or is that just a typo for "Septero"?

Mateo+Septero=Septeo. instead of being two souls, they became one, with Septero on top obviously.

And thank you for the glowing review.

Also, I can't remember if it came up, it might have, but Aurie is mute now. She can still cast magic through like silent spell, but she cannot speak, and hasn't been able to since Vecks 'died'.

BWAAAHAHAAHAHAAAA! I am the evil author!

Posted by Sak

Quoting Wally The Weird: Mateo+Septero=Septeo. instead of being two souls, they became one, with Septero on top obviously.

And thank you for the glowing review.

Also, I can't remember if it came up, it might have, but Aurie is mute now. She can still cast magic through like silent spell, but she cannot speak, and hasn't been able to since Vecks 'died'.

BWAAAHAHAAHAHAAAA! I am the evil author!

Oh, okay.
___
No prob.
___
And I thought that I was an evil author with my constant killing off of boyfriends/girlfriends.
___
Oh and on an unrelated side note, I'm bringing Mayumi back in Dark Secret once Roxas and I finish the whole "Heartbrid Organization" thing so I can change her into something other than a crazy lady with a giant scythe who killed Sean and caused Anara's never ending agony.

Nope, it's me.
Comes with the territory of wiping out a nation through heartless invasion and turning a mild-mannered geek (Let's face it, Vecks is, or at least was, a total geek) into an incarnation of malice so evil his laugh alone causes hordes of heartless and nobodies to shiver.

But, as a consulation prize, have a coke.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Wally The Weird: Nope, it's me.
Comes with the territory of wiping out a nation through heartless invasion and turning a mild-mannered geek (Let's face it, Vecks is, or at least was, a total geek) into an incarnation of malice so evil his laugh alone causes hordes of heartless and nobodies to shiver.

But, as a consulation prize, have a coke.

So true.
___
YAY, FREE COKE!

i am debating on how long I want to carry the story on. I think the next one might be the last one, but I have another plan that I also really like that would make it go an even four chapters.

Still debating.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Wally The Weird: i am debating on how long I want to carry the story on. I think the next one might be the last one, but I have another plan that I also really like that would make it go an even four chapters.

Still debating.

Well you already killed off half of the cast, so I think ending the story after the next chapter would be a wise decision.
_____
Hey, did you know that there are 86 threads in Roleplaying?

Well, Kayne, Aurie, the briefly mentioned child, Vecks and Septeo are all alive. And to demonstrate his power, I was thinking of having my freakishly powerful character Lucem show up (He is a dimensional traveler) and have his butt handed to him on a silver platter compliments of Vecks.

Plus, I was thinking of a few other surprises as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------
As for the thread thingy...
Spiffy!

Posted by Sak

Quoting Wally The Weird: Well, Kayne, Aurie, the briefly mentioned child, Vecks and Septeo are all alive. And to demonstrate his power, I was thinking of having my freakishly powerful character Lucem show up (He is a dimensional traveler) and have his butt handed to him on a silver platter compliments of Vecks.

Plus, I was thinking of a few other surprises as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------
As for the thread thingy...
Spiffy!

Coolio.
_____
One question, is Aurie the mother of the child? (I don't think you mentioned that in the chapter.)
_____
86 threads and still not as many posts as Smoothie Shop.

Just to clear that one up, yes.
No plot twists in that regard, it is Aurie's child, specifically a son who I have yet to name.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Wally The Weird: Just to clear that one up, yes.
No plot twists in that regard, it is Aurie's child, specifically a son who I have yet to name.

Okay, just wanted to know if he was her kid or not.

Yeah, it's hers.

At the time of Chapter two, he is about 7 years old or so, but did not see Vecks in person, as he had already fled when Septeo had broken through. Although the next chapter will have a time lapse, I think of about 10 years or so.

This Vecks is several times more powerful then our Vecks, and he has no brother here because he died a long time ago in an accident with his parents. So Vecks is still an orphan, but knew his parents until they died when he was about ten because of an accident, no conspiracey there, just an accident. Like a car crash or something.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Wally The Weird: Yeah, it's hers.

At the time of Chapter two, he is about 7 years old or so, but did not see Vecks in person, as he had already fled when Septeo had broken through. Although the next chapter will have a time lapse, I think of about 10 years or so.

Wow. You know you can totally make this longer if you just ease up on the time lapses.

Well, the stuff about his family happened a long while ago, before the story. And while I could stretch it out, I really odn't want to, so I suspect this story shall live on for another chapter, maybe two, and then it will 'end', although I don't think we'll hear the last of it.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Wally The Weird: Well, the stuff about his family happened a long while ago, before the story. And while I could stretch it out, I really odn't want to, so I suspect this story shall live on for another chapter, maybe two, and then it will 'end', although I don't think we'll hear the last of it.

Well if we wind up not ending the Blank Page we could always do a super crazy crossover.

Posted by Arcadios

I haven't read any new chapters yet but I just got my computer back on Sunday.
I'll have time throughout the week to read and catch up on things.
Also, the computer breaking was unexpected so my apologize for having you wait a lot longer than the original release date.
"My Bad."