Info on N64 manual, pokemon etc. can you help me?

Posted by Ninrod

I bought a couple used systems for my boys and niether came with an instruction manual. Not really a problem but I had a question I cannot find the answer to searching the net with regards to the console.

On the bottom of the console is a removable door with the letters "EXT." on it and port under it that looks like the one that the game cartridge goes in to. What is this port for/called?

My boys are in to Pokemon and the systems came with Pokemon Stadium (one), and the transfer pak. What game boy games are compatible with this version of the Stadium game? If you don't mind, I'd like to know what version are compatible with the 2nd stadium game as well.

Is there a place online that has an electronic version of the manual or a scanned version of the manual for the console unit?

From what I can tell, I don't really need to concern myself with getting memory paks for the controllers, correct/incorrect?

Do the Rumble paks work well, enhence the gaming experience?

I have the expansion pak for both consoles, from what I understand, it enhences the graphics on some games and is required for a few others.

Thank for any help anyone can throw my way.

Rod

Posted by Zeta

[quote]My boys are in to Pokemon and the systems came with Pokemon Stadium (one), and the transfer pak. What game boy games are compatible with this version of the Stadium game? If you don't mind, I'd like to know what version are compatible with the 2nd stadium game as well.

Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow are compatable with Pokemon Stadium, while Pokemon Stadium 2 is compatable Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Can't answer any of the other questions, since I've had little experience with the Stadium games. Though I'm sure neither of them required the N64 Memory Pak.

Posted by muffla

the rumble pak isnt a requirement but i personally like it

not worth more than ten dollars tho

Posted by Ninrod

Thanks for the info on the Pokemon and Rumble pak.

Anyone else on some of the other questions?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Hunt through http://www.gameFAQs.com for FAQs on the game. I think they got some of that info.

Posted by D.J Cat

On the bottom of the console is a removable door with the letters "EXT." on it and port under it that looks like the one that the game cartridge goes in to. What is this port for/called?

Don't worry about that. It WAS going to be for an N64 expansion (the 64DD), but it was only released in Japan, so basically, don't worry about that ;)

My boys are in to Pokemon and the systems came with Pokemon Stadium (one), and the transfer pak. What game boy games are compatible with this version of the Stadium game? If you don't mind, I'd like to know what version are compatible with the 2nd stadium game as well.

Pokemon Red, Yellow and Blue all work with Stadium 1. Using the transfer pack you can play the gameboy games through the N64 and on your TV. Also you can unlock various things in Stadium (The Dodrio Tower or something) and it lets you play the gameboy game at a faster speed.
Crystal, Gold and Silver all work with Stadium 2 on top of the other 3 games.

Is there a place online that has an electronic version of the manual or a scanned version of the manual for the console unit?

Probably, i'll try and find it.

From what I can tell, I don't really need to concern myself with getting memory paks for the controllers, correct/incorrect?

For the pokemon games? Correct.

I have the expansion pak for both consoles, from what I understand, it enhences the graphics on some games and is required for a few others.

Yes, it works for most games released after 1998.
You need it for Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark and Zelda: Majora's Mask.
I don't think it helps the pokemon game though I might be wrong.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Expansion pack increases the process speed for earlier games too make them a smidge clearer. (At least that what's I noticed)

Oh, and this isn't important to know, it's just random trivia: Turok 2 SOE with the Expansion Pack prevents the Co-Op mode glitch from working.:(

Posted by MikaFeldy

The EXT. door at the bottom is for add ons that in the end were never made. Some were made by third parties and one was made by Nintendo in Japan, called the Nintendo 64DD, kind of a console upgrade.