AS MUCH AS I "LOVE" NINTENDO; AS MUCH AS I NEED TO GET THIS OFF MY CHEST...

Posted by Victorious1

I'm a pure Nintendo fan who's loved Nintendo ever since the SNES days and I still do. I love the N64 and the Gamecube as well, even though these two systems didn't earn the recognition and success they deserved. But I do appreciate Microsoft and Sony as well (I own a PS2 and an Xbox.)

But I must say that I'm somewhat disappointed with Nintendo's new generation console, the Wii.

Sure the system is innovative and still has many great games to come which I believe will shake the gaming industry. But what disappoints me is the fact that the Wii isn't really a new-generation console when it comes to hardware strength. The Wii is just about as strong as the Xbox which is really pathetic. Nintendo has always covered themselves up by saying that graphics and hardware aren't important. Maybe that was no problem in the past, because the N64 had the strongest hardware in its generation and the Gamecube has a stronger hardware than PS2's and comes close to Xbox's.

Well Nintendo, GRAPHICS AND HARDWARE DO MATTER NOW, especially with the 360 and PS3 out there that are blowing gamers with their marvelous technology and amazing graphics. YOU NEED TO FLOW WITH THE RIVER NOW!

Now I bet many of you right now are probably ready to say that why would you pay an extra $200 for the Wii just so the Wii can match up with the 360 and PS3 in terms of hardware? Nintendo probably tried to make the Wii as cheap as possible and therefore didn't put a lot of technology in it. But that's still no excuse for the pathetic hardware the Wii has when compared to the 360 and PS3.

By this time many of you might be wondering: "What are you saying?" **All I'm saying is that Nintendo could've added a little more horsepower in the Wii, to make it AT LEAST 2 times stronger than the Xbox.** With Microsoft and Sony out there competing with each other to trying take the 360 and PS3 to their full potential, it will really be hard for us gamers to be pleased with Wii's weak hardware and graphics. We haven't seen anything yet from the PS3 and 360 in terms of graphics. And when we do, Nintendo will be at stake for choosing to stick with "which will soon be, old technology."

But Nintendo has already proved that they rank #1 when it comes to gameplay and fun. But they are moving backwards when it comes to hardware. Still, the Wii so far is very successful as it is outselling Sony and Microsoft. But who knows what will happen when Microsoft and Sony plant their feet hard and begin showing what their consoles really got.

Now all Nintendo needs is:

Gameplay + GRAPHICS and that will truly =success.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

As a fellow hardcore Nintendo fan, I agree. I don't think it's worth getting that upset about, though. It's over and done with, and I don't think Nintendo wants to shoot themselves in the foot by releasing an upgrade of some sort, making old Wii's unable to play newer Wii games.

Who knows? Due to the lower-grade power of the Wii, Nintendo could be the first one out of the gate in the next generation, giving us greater power than the ps3 and 360, and the functionality that we enjoy with the Wii. Nintendo's always working on new hardware, so I'm sure they've already got the estimates on how much power sony and Microsoft would add to their next machines.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Low-end graphics = less high-end technology = low price = good for casual gamers and those who have never touched a game before. Read: those that Nintendo wants to bring into the gaming world. Obviously they could do both, high-end graphics with high-end gameplay, but then consumers would have to spend $400 which a lot just won't do.

spoilers: I didn't read your post. So if what I said had nothing to do with anything, that would be why.

Posted by Victorious1

That's no excuse. For only $50.00 dollars more than the cost of a Wii, you can get a core Xbox 360

Posted by s0ul

Why would anyone go and do a thing like that?

Posted by Dexter

Shouldn't Wii games be cheaper than PS3 games? :confused:

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Dexter: Shouldn't Wii games be cheaper than PS3 games? :confused:

They should, as they're significantly cheaper to make than PS3 and 360 games. All that third-party shovelware we had at Wii's launch shouldn't cost anywhere close to $49.99 USD, which means it's great business for publishers. Most old-gen games are now being released 10 bucks cheaper, but publishers can spend as much money making Wii games as they do on those, yet sell Wii titles for 10 bucks more.

Right now it's passable, since we're still in the transition period, but can most Wii games justify a $49.99 price tag two or three years from now? After all, games are expensive because of the technology involved, not for the innovative gameplay they offer. So, unless we see Wii games get cheaper in an uncharacteristic move from the industry, one of two things will happen: Consumers won't buy into it, or Nintendo will get away with overpricing software.

It'll be interesting to see how the industry is doing a few years from now.

Posted by Unite

Well the power bar that my wii is connected to costed more money than the wii it self lol.

power bar = $300
wii = $250

lol

Posted by maian

I, being a hardcore Nintendo fan, really don't care.

Every generation, the main edge in next-gen consoles was the graphics upgrade.

I mean, it's a repeating cycle.
SNES was an upgrade of 2D graphics
N64 was a new graphical style, 3D
GC/XB/PS2 was an upgrade of 3D

Now with these consoles along, all they're updating is all the extra crap the console can support, and of course, the graphics. Graphics have reached the point where they can be upgraded, but it doesn't change the experience, except for looking really nice. Anything that was really necessary for a good looking game was finally achieved with last generation. Now, it's just little touchups that make it look even better.

I know the argument here is that Nintendo needs to keep up with Sony and Microsoft technically, but I think if they really jump into next gen, instead of touching their system up and installing microwaves in it, that overrides its lack of graphical power. Sony and Microsoft have great hardware, but they lack the new thing that truly makes a new jump in gaming, which Nintendo is taking advantage of.

Besides, Wii's graphics aren't that bad. Sure, they're crappy compared to the 360 and PS3, but they're better than last gen's, mostly. At least, the potential is. I don't think there's any games that have come out that have truly utilized the graphical power.

Posted by Bebop

I dont really mind to be honest. It would be size if Wii had graphics on par with 360 and PS3 but it would also be nice if PS3 and 360 had a controller as good as the Wiimote. Meh.

Quoted post: but it would also be nice if PS3 and 360 had a controller as good as the Wiimote. Meh.

That would actually suck.

Posted by Bebop

No it wouldnt.

Yes it would.

Posted by Bebop

You say that but your wrong. We all know Wii has controllers to make games better to play with the added benefit of making them more relexed too. Depending on the game of course.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Victorious1: Gameplay + GRAPHICS and that will truly =success.

Spoiler: Winners of past generations had the lowest graphical capabilities. E.g. PS1, PS2, NES, GB, GBA, DS etc

Quoted post: You say that but your wrong. We all know Wii has controllers to make games better to play with the added benefit of making them more relexed too. Depending on the game of course.

I like choice. Especially if one isn't focused on the hardcore market.

Posted by Speedfreak

Wii Connect 24, low price, low development costs, familiar architecture cheaper games, more room for originality in games design. Those are the reasons behind Wiis lower specs.

I'm getting really tired of repeating that to n00bs.

Posted by Kit

Does anybody literally "WOW!" over graphics? I never have, nor met anybody who has, really.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Kit: Does anybody literally "WOW!" over graphics? I never have, nor met anybody who has, really.

Play Lost Planet on an HDTV and get back to us.

Posted by Bebop

I liked pretty games. But I will complete forget about it when I'm into a game. When I got Resi 4 I would occasionally admire some pretty thing but I will soon forget it all together if I'm really into a game. Same goes for Wind Waker.

Posted by Sage Shadows

Graphics don't mean a good game. I would totally play Street Fighter II, rather than some new kick-*** game on the PS3.

Quoted post: Does anybody literally "WOW!" over graphics? I never have, nor met anybody who has, really.

I have with Oblivion, Gears, and Lost Planet's explosions in HD. Same with Crysis and I haven't even played that game.

Posted by Zeta

The only times I recall ever going "wow" were after seeing KD3's crayon drawing-like graphics, and seeing cel-shading for the first time.

Posted by maian

Mario 64 - "Wow"

Posted by Anti-Muffla

yea the graphics always give me "Wow" moments too, like when I saw screens for Assassins Creed and Unreal 2007. I agree, the explosions in Lost Planet in HD are so awesome. And that helicopter crash scene in Gears of War. Wow.

Posted by s0ul

The level in Gears where it's raining got mad wows out of me. I just stared at everything in the level a lot.

Posted by hypnotize_

Quoting Victorious1: Still, the Wii so far is very successful as it is outselling Sony and Microsoft.

Dude, what are you talking about? Xbox 360 has sold 5X more consoles than the Wii.

Honestly, I used to love Nintendo. I loved Zelda OoT, Mario 64 and Super Smash Brothers. Nintendo was owning Sony and Microsoft at this point. It was with the gamecube that Nintendo took a turn for the worse. It was with the gamecube that Nintendo started making stupid games that only appeal to the younger crowd.

Now with the Wii, they are continuing to make these stupid childish games that turn off the mature crowd like myself and many others. And as for this gen, Nintendo will never catch up to Microsoft because the 360 is like a small computer in the ways that it connects to the internet and the format of it. The Wii on the other hand, is a representation of a console of last generation with a different controller.

Once Nintendo figures out what the standards of this generation are, then they might stand a chance with their next product.

Quoting hypnotize_: Dude, what are you talking about? Xbox 360 has sold 5X more consoles than the Wii.

I think he meant that it's selling faster, not that it has surpassed the 360's sales. It's actually only about twice as many units that the 360 has sold, even so, though.

Quoted post: Honestly, I used to love Nintendo. I loved Zelda OoT, Mario 64 and Super Smash Brothers. Nintendo was owning Sony and Microsoft at this point. It was with the gamecube that Nintendo took a turn for the worse. It was with the gamecube that Nintendo started making stupid games that only appeal to the younger crowd.

Yeah. Metroid Prime, Smash Melee, Star Fox Armada, and Eternal Darkness sure did get those kiddies to buy a 'Cube.

Quoted post: Now with the Wii, they are continuing to make these stupid childish games that turn off the mature crowd like myself and many others. And as for this gen, Nintendo will never catch up to Microsoft because the 360 is like a small computer in the ways that it connects to the internet and the format of it. The Wii on the other hand, is a representation of a console of last generation with a different controller.

...I know you are, but what am I?

Quoted post: Once Nintendo figures out what the standards of this generation are, then they might stand a chance with their next product.

The standards of this generation are that Nintendo has already made a boatload of cash from the Wii, and the sales aren't slowing down very quickly.

Posted by Shade

I don't get why people are bringing up the Wii's sales as a negative thing, they're going like hot-cakes.

Posted by hypnotize_

Quoting Prince Shondronai:

The standards of this generation are that Nintendo has already made a boatload of cash from the Wii, and the sales aren't slowing down very quickly.

Maybe they have, but the Wii will never surpass the sales of the 360 because of the lack of the internet. And I bet you that most people that own a Nintendo Wii play the Wii only when they want change from playing their 360.

Posted by Bebop

Wii has internet capabilites.

Unless youre just talking about online games? In which case you're an idiot because there are going to be online games.

Posted by GameMiestro

Gamers don't need fancy things like HDTV graphics, 20 button controls, and expensive DVD players added in. According to Nintendo, they don't need affordable games, adequate console shipments, and good online gameplay, either.

Then again, I don't have to buy the console, so it really doesn't matter. It's just rather sad that they didn't learn from the DS that the friend code/no contact with anonymous people policy does not work.

Posted by hypnotize_

Quoting Bebop: Wii has internet capabilites.

Unless youre just talking about online games? In which case you're an idiot because there are going to be online games.

I said lack of internet meaning now, not in the future. How does that make me an idiot?

And here's another point; Okay great, so the Wii is getting online play, so what games are you going to be looking forward to playing online? If you look at the Wii's best or most highly anticipated games, only a couple would actually be fun to play online. For example, how would you play Zelda, Metroid or Mario online? The only game that I can think of besides the multi-platform games that would actually be fun to play online is Super Smash Brothers, but that isn't even close to comparing to Gears of War, Halo Series, and other games.

And if you say that the future isn't over the internet, then you are wrong. It obviously is, why else would Sony and Microsoft beef their consoles up with big hardrives and incorporate online gameplay that thousands of people use every day?

You are new to these forums, hypnotize, which means you're also new to the concept of "opinions," because this is the only forum in all the internet that offers a simple three step program to help you learn about them:

Step 1. Ponder the way that you feel about certain products and corporations.

Step 2. Drink a nice tall glass of Shut The Hell Up until you can think of a way of expressing those feelings in a way that doesn't assume everyone was just ignorant of what you're saying, instead of outright disagreeing with you.

Step 3. Post away.

You may feel Smash Brothers doesn't compete with those games you listed, but I would rather be forced to play Smash Brothers using only Mr. Game & Watch for 2 weeks straight than play Halo or Gears of War online for an hour with no restrictions. I just don't care about them.

Other Nintendo games that would be/are fun online? Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Star Fox (dogfights), Zelda Four Swords, and Wii Sports, off the top of my head. If Virtual Console games could be re-worked to include online play, there's a great back-log of past titles, too. You might not be terribly excited about that, but other people can be.

Quoted post: I said lack of internet meaning now, not in the future. How does that make me an idiot?

"Never" includes the future. They're already impossible to find, and that's with a lack of any online games or games in general. Once that's up and running people will have even more of a reason to buy a Wii. You're really not that smart.

The fact that you're basing your whole point on already announced games or regular First Party games like the Marios and Zeldas rather than unannounced games and possibilities shows that you really haven't thought this out. You do realise third party developers like this console right? Who's to say you won't see a Halo-like experience on the Wii? Think more. The console has only been out for a couple of months... a couple of months out of five years.

Posted by Kit

Quoting hypnotize_: that only appeal to the younger crowd.

Such as? There's a big difference between "For a younger crowd" and "For everybody". It sounds like you're just trying to feel manly by playing "zomg adult games".

Posted by hypnotize_

Quoting Prince Shondronai: You are new to these forums, hypnotize, which means you're also new to the concept of "opinions," because this is the only forum in all the internet that offers a simple three step program to help you learn about them:

Step 1. Ponder the way that you feel about certain products and corporations.

Step 2. Drink a nice tall glass of Shut The Hell Up until you can think of a way of expressing those feelings in a way that doesn't assume everyone was just ignorant of what you're saying, instead of outright disagreeing with you.

Step 3. Post away.

You may feel Smash Brothers doesn't compete with those games you listed, but I would rather be forced to play Smash Brothers using only Mr. Game & Watch for 2 weeks straight than play Halo or Gears of War online for an hour with no restrictions. I just don't care about them.

Other Nintendo games that would be/are fun online? Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Star Fox (dogfights), Zelda Four Swords, and Wii Sports, off the top of my head. If Virtual Console games could be re-worked to include online play, there's a great back-log of past titles, too. You might not be terribly excited about that, but other people can be.

Are you kidding me? My post reflects my opinions and my thoughts, and frankly I don't give a **** if you are offended by it. Great for you, Prince ****face, I'm glad you like to play Super Smash Brothers, but what gives you the right to tell me what I can and can't say over the internet?

I came to this forum to talk about gaming topics. Maybe my posts are very ignorant, but if you strongly disagree with me then prove me wrong.

Posted by hypnotize_

Quoting Kit: Such as? There's a big difference between "For a younger crowd" and "For everybody". It sounds like you're just trying to feel manly by playing "zomg adult games".

Yes, you caught me. Because of the lack of hair on my testicles I only play rated Mature games. I try to stay away from games such as Elebits and Super Monkey Ball in fear that testosterone levels in my body will drop.

If those games are fun for you, then so be it, but they stopped being fun for me after I was out of middle school.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting hypnotize_: For example, how would you play Zelda, Metroid or Mario online?

See: Metroid Prime Hunters.
See: Mario Kart.
See: Mario Party.
See: Mario Tennis.
See: Mario Golf.
See: Four Swords Adventures.

... and so on. All of these games would rock the hizzle over WiiConnect.

Posted by brownoystercult

Wii's internet system is crap. The friend codes and all that is bull****.

Posted by Zeta

Well, at least for the Wii they have only one FC per console, as opposed to the DS's one per game. :cookie:

Quoting hypnotize_: Are you kidding me? My post reflects my opinions and my thoughts, and frankly I don't give a **** if you are offended by it. Great for you, Prince ****face, I'm glad you like to play Super Smash Brothers, but what gives you the right to tell me what I can and can't say over the internet?

I came to this forum to talk about gaming topics. Maybe my posts are very ignorant, but if you strongly disagree with me then prove me wrong.

In my earlier response to your post, I let you know exactly where you were exaggerating facts that supported your argument, and overlooking others that disproved it. One of your arguments, however, was so incoherent that I felt only a 3rd-grade argument was warranted in response. I have no problem if you love one system but not another. You have to be able to listen to and understand other people's points of view in most cases, though, even if you don't share them. I, myself, hate sony with a passion spoke of only in legends, but my reasons for this are well-thought-out and cannot be outright disproven by sony's fans. My reasons can be argued against, but not disproven.

I have no right to bar you from saying what you want on these boards (aside from the Wii board), but I'm just letting you know that if you continue to voice your opinions with the tone of "Everyone knows this...No one thinks this..." you will be hated even by people who might otherwise agree with you, and probably banned from the forums. Trust me. I speak from experience.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Zeta: Well, at least for the Wii they have only one FC per console, as opposed to the DS's one per game. :cookie:

Nope. :cookie:

Posted by Zeta

oh shi- Could've sworn it was stated somewhere that FCs would be for the console, and not the games. :(

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=hypnotize_;527057]I said lack of internet meaning now, not in the future. How does that make me an idiot?

Because it does have internet. You can surf the net, send messages, send Miis, download games, check the weather and news and receive updates. How is this not using the internet?

[quote]For example, how would you play Zelda, Metroid or Mario online?
4 Swords, Prime Hunters and every single Mario game with multiplayer. Come on, you're not that much of an idiot are you?

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Zeta: oh shi- Could've sworn it was stated somewhere that FCs would be for the console, and not the games. :(

It was, then it was stated otherwise, which sucks in a big way.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting s0ul: It was, then it was stated otherwise, which sucks in a big way.

Thats not true. You're a liar. Prove it.

I have not done anything with my own own friend code, but there are tons of them posted on GameFAQs. Everyone there only has one, so I'm assuming those are for their consoles, and not any particular game.

Posted by s0ul

I'm not looking it up. You'll just have to take what I say as gospel, 'cause it is.

Posted by Bebop

Seems stupid for the console to have a number but need a seperate dumber for every seperate game. Im going to add this to my 'Soul is a liar book'

Posted by s0ul

Well I'll add it to my "Bebop is wrong" book, which so far pretty much just consists of Banana Blitz being good.

Posted by Bebop

It is good ****** and you know it.

Posted by hypnotize_

Quoting Prince Shondronai: In my earlier response to your post, I let you know exactly where you were exaggerating facts that supported your argument, and overlooking others that disproved it. One of your arguments, however, was so incoherent that I felt only a 3rd-grade argument was warranted in response. I have no problem if you love one system but not another. You have to be able to listen to and understand other people's points of view in most cases, though, even if you don't share them. I, myself, hate sony with a passion spoke of only in legends, but my reasons for this are well-thought-out and cannot be outright disproven by sony's fans. My reasons can be argued against, but not disproven.

I have no right to bar you from saying what you want on these boards (aside from the Wii board), but I'm just letting you know that if you continue to voice your opinions with the tone of "Everyone knows this...No one thinks this..." you will be hated even by people who might otherwise agree with you, and probably banned from the forums. Trust me. I speak from experience.

Fine, but I never used the term "Everyone knows this", it is just how you interpreted it. Just because I have different opinions doesn't mean I don't want to hear other peoples opinions. I like you probably won't change my mind about certain topics that I am very opininated about, but I would like to hear the other side of it.

And for the record, Halo series and Gears of War are both products of Microsoft, not Sony.

Posted by Drewboy64

The wii has plenty of power. It's just that most games so far have been rushed and crapped on by the developers - call of duty 3 was extremely rushed, for example. Look at games like Mario Galaxy. Hell, Rebel Strike, the first party GC game, looked great. The Wii will be able to handle games that look way better than that. Developers just have to get out of their "rush every game" stage.

Quoted post: Seems stupid for the console to have a number but need a seperate dumber for every seperate game. Im going to add this to my 'Soul is a liar book'

It makes sense considering you can do stuff with the console itself, like send messages and Wiis.

Posted by Bebop

You can send Wiis to other people you liar

Quoted post: You can send Wiis to other people you liar

That's what I said.

Though I meant Miis. Stop lying.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Victorious1;524257] ..with the 360 and PS3 out there that are blowing gamers..

I ****in' knew it, so that's how Sony and MicroSoft have been handling their fanbase. With sexual favors?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Bebop: Thats not true. You're a liar. Prove it.

Pok

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: That's what I said.

Though I meant Miis. Stop lying.

I c what u did thar.

Posted by Colonel

Myself personally owns a Wii, and I think its amazing. This is probably because I have all the good games for it.

Posted by s0ul

All one of them? LOL!!

Holy ****... that's like... THREE GAMES!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

s0ul and Vamp for guys taking the way too easy bait '07.

In other news, hypnotize__ needs to return so he can be enlightened. With strong words.

Slow pitches right across the plate are the best ones.

Posted by hypnotize_

Quoting The X: s0ul and Vamp for guys taking the way too easy bait '07.

In other news, hypnotize__ needs to return so he can be enlightened. With strong words.

Enlighten away.

Posted by Degeneration

Quoting hypnotize_: Dude, what are you talking about? Xbox 360 has sold 5X more consoles than the Wii.

Honestly, I used to love Nintendo. I loved Zelda OoT, Mario 64 and Super Smash Brothers. Nintendo was owning Sony and Microsoft at this point. It was with the gamecube that Nintendo took a turn for the worse. It was with the gamecube that Nintendo started making stupid games that only appeal to the younger crowd.

Now with the Wii, they are continuing to make these stupid childish games that turn off the mature crowd like myself and many others. And as for this gen, Nintendo will never catch up to Microsoft because the 360 is like a small computer in the ways that it connects to the internet and the format of it. The Wii on the other hand, is a representation of a console of last generation with a different controller.

Once Nintendo figures out what the standards of this generation are, then they might stand a chance with their next product.

Mature crowd... Har. Yeah, you've got to be really mature to deem certain games childish simply because they're geared toward a wider audience. It requires sooo much maturity to enjoy killing prostitutes, stealing cars, and firing weapons of war at everything that moves. Still in that "gotta preserve my masculinity" stage, O mature one?

Posted by hypnotize_

Quoting Degeneration: Mature crowd... Har. Yeah, you've got to be really mature to deem certain games childish simply because they're geared toward a wider audience. It requires sooo much maturity to enjoy killing prostitutes, stealing cars, and firing weapons of war at everything that moves. Still in that "gotta preserve my masculinity" stage, O mature one?

I'm just going to totally disreguard that comment because I've already answered to an ******* like you with the same comment and I guess I was "out of line".

What I was trying to say was if the Wii had more serious games like the 360 does, then it would attract more people in my opinion.

Posted by ccrocker58

Nope. It pretty much seems like you're saying Nintendo should have us shoot peoples brains onto walls on the Wii.

Posted by hypnotize_

Quoting ccrocker58: Nope. It pretty much seems like you're saying Nintendo should have us shoot peoples brains onto walls on the Wii.

I have my opinion and you have yours. Don't try to convince me there is a right or wrong answer.

Quoted post: What I was trying to say was if the Wii had more serious games like the 360 does, then it would attract more people in my opinion.

Except it's not a machine built for Hardcore games, like the 360 is. Why should the Wii attempt to be more like the 360, or attempt to attract the same crowd, when apparently people adore the Wii in its current state? It's marketed towards a completely different audience than the 360.

Posted by Victorious1

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Except it's not a machine built for Hardcore games, like the 360 is. Why should the Wii attempt to be more like the 360, or attempt to attract the same crowd, when apparently people adore the Wii in its current state? It's marketed towards a completely different audience than the 360.

Nintendo had said before releasing the Wii, that they will be trying hard to target its new console to EVERYBODY, including kids and ADULTS. The Gamecube, for example, had many great games and some which were for adults. (Yes, they were few, but the ones out there were among the best.)

But Nintendo said that the Wii will focus more on adults this time so they can attract a variety of gamers, not just kids. But I must say...that it will be REALLY hard to attract HARD-CORE ADULT GAMERS with Wii's weak hardware, especially when those gamers have seen what the 360 and PS3 got.

Attracting adults doesn't mean putting out countless GTA-clones and thousands of mindless shooters.

Brain Age get?

Posted by Victorious1

I DO realize that. And I'm saying that it will be hard for Nintendo to attract hard-core mature audiences with its weak hardware...

Posted by Bebop

Ps2 had the weaskest hardware last generation and 'mature' owners ran open arms to that console. lol wut?

Posted by Fate

If anything, Victorious1 should be referring to games, not hardware.

Posted by hypnotize_

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Attracting adults doesn't mean putting out countless GTA-clones and thousands of mindless shooters.

Brain Age get?

Let's be honest; If you are over 21 and you enjoyed to play some of those ridiculously stupid games that were out for the gamecube, then you need to a get a life.

On the other hand, it doesn't mean that all adults will like mindless shooters or GTA type games, but even you game-cube-lovers out there have to admit that the downfall of the gamecube was caused by its stupid games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting hypnotize_: Let's be honest; If you are over 21 and you enjoyed to play some of those ridiculously stupid games that were out for the gamecube, then you need to a get a life.

On the other hand, it doesn't mean that all adults will like mindless shooters or GTA type games, but even you game-cube-lovers out there have to admit that the downfall of the gamecube was caused by its stupid games.

Name some.

GAMECUBE didn't really have a downfall. It just kind of fizzled out. And if GAMECUBE's major malfunction for you was "stupid" games, then why didn't the ps2 fail because of the dozen Mary Kate & Ashley games, Barbie Horse Adventures, the countless random TV show garbage games, etc.? Name your "stupid" games on the GAMECUBE, and I'll name you 10 similar ones on the ps2. Conversely, my opinion is that GAMECUBE's good games were on a level far above nearly all of the ps2's.

Posted by hypnotize_

Quoting Prince Shondronai: GAMECUBE didn't really have a downfall. It just kind of fizzled out. And if GAMECUBE's major malfunction for you was "stupid" games, then why didn't the ps2 fail because of the dozen Mary Kate & Ashley games, Barbie Horse Adventures, the countless random TV show garbage games, etc.? Name your "stupid" games on the GAMECUBE, and I'll name you 10 similar ones on the ps2. Conversely, my opinion is that GAMECUBE's good games were on a level far above nearly all of the ps2's.

The Ps2 prevailed over the gamecube because even though it had some stupid games, it also had a lot of good games. I'm not saying that the gamecube didn't have some good games because they did, but I'm saying that their bad games took the sunshine out of their good games, which made it less of a reason for most people to buy the system.

Most of the bad games for the ps2 are multi-platform games like ice age and such.

Quoting The X: Name some.

Okay; Kirby's Air ride, Mario Sunshine (even though I like Mario games), all pokemon games, Rayman, Spyro, Pikmin, and Monkey Ball.

Do I need more?

Posted by Degeneration

How many Rayman/Spyro games are Gamecube-exclusive?

Quoted post: I DO realize that. And I'm saying that it will be hard for Nintendo to attract hard-core mature audiences with its weak hardware...

Hardware means nothing when just about every generation the least capable wins.

Quoted post: Let's be honest; If you are over 21 and you enjoyed to play some of those ridiculously stupid games that were out for the gamecube, then you need to a get a life.

GameCube failed because there was no ****ing support. Dur dur dur. Nintendo can only put out so many games before people lose interest.

Quoted post:
Okay; Kirby's Air ride, Mario Sunshine (even though I like Mario games), all pokemon games, Rayman, Spyro, Pikmin, and Monkey Ball.

Do I need more?

You can list a half'a dozen ****ty games on any console. Especially when most of them are multiplatform and the ones that aren't, like Mario Sunshine and the two Pikmin, were actually really good games and rated pretty well within the industry. Subjection get.

Quoting hypnotize_: The Ps2 prevailed over the gamecube because even though it had some stupid games, it also had a lot of good games. I'm not saying that the gamecube didn't have some good games because they did, but I'm saying that their bad games took the sunshine out of their good games, which made it less of a reason for most people to buy the system.

Again, there are arguably an equal or higher percentage of horrible games for the ps2 than there are for the GAMECUBE. If bad games can ruin your enjoyment of good games, ps2's stunning library of fartilicious software should have had you moaning and sucking your thumb while curled in a fetal position on the floor when you tried to put any game you did like into the drive.

Quoted post: Most of the bad games for the ps2 are multi-platform games like ice age and such.

Do I need more?

Not at all. How's this:

Crappy racers exclusive to the ps2:
-jak x
-Antz Racing
-Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing

Crappy platform/action games exclusive to the ps2:
-ape escape
-The Winx Club
-Kya: Emo Lineage

Crappy monster-collection RPGs exclusive to the ps2:
-a few dozen Digimon games
-a few dozen Yu-Gi-Oh games
-a few dozen Duel Master games

Many of the titles that I listed won't even have that many dedicated defenders, either, hypno, unlike the GAMECUBE games you listed.

Posted by Victorious1

Quoting Bebop: Ps2 had the weaskest hardware last generation and 'mature' owners ran open arms to that console. lol wut?

THAT'S BECAUSE THE PS2 DIDN'T TECHNICALLY FALL "THAAAAAAAT" FAR BEHIND FROM XBOX AND GAMECUBE IN TERMS OF HARDWARE.

The PS2 to Gamecube and Xbox WASN'T like comparing the N64 to Xbox. But in Wii's case, its hardware compared to the 360 and PS3 IS like comparing the SNES to Gamecube. And that's a big, big difference. And all I'm saying is that that could be lethal for Nintendo.

Why? Because once those "Mature" gamers see what the 360 and PS3 have in terms of technology and hardware, their standards for Mature games will be very, very high (technologically.) And unfortunately, Nintendo simply cannot meet those standards with Wii's weak hardware. Maybe Nintendo can, because they've always ranked #1 when it comes to gameplay, but as far as hardware........well.....ha....good luck....

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Victorious1:
The PS2 to Gamecube and Xbox WASN'T like comparing the N64 to Xbox. But in Wii's case, its hardware compared to the 360 and PS3 IS like comparing the SNES to Gamecube. And that's a big, big difference. And all I'm saying is that that could be lethal for Nintendo.

lol exaggerations

Indeed. The Wii can do anything that's been done on the 360 and ps3 up to this point, just at a lower graphical benchmark. The SNES could only pull off a handful of games from the GAMECUBE's library like Viewtiful Joe and Alien Hominid.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Victorious1;531108]THAT'S BECAUSE THE PS2 DIDN'T TECHNICALLY FALL "THAAAAAAAT" FAR BEHIND FROM XBOX AND GAMECUBE IN TERMS OF HARDWARE.

Why? Because once those "Mature" gamers see what the 360 and PS3 have in terms of technology and hardware, their standards for Mature games will be very, very high (technologically.) And unfortunately, Nintendo simply cannot meet those standards with Wii's weak hardware. Maybe Nintendo can, because they've always ranked #1 when it comes to gameplay, but as far as hardware........well.....ha....good luck....

PS2 had no graphics chip to speak of. Get a clue.

IF I MAKE REALLY LONG POSTS TOO, DOES IT SUDDENLY MAKE IT LOOK LIKE I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT? IS THAT HOW THE INTERNET WORKS?