Charger Question

Posted by junior senior

Since every store is sold out of Nntendo DS systems, I bought one on Amazon.com. Problem- it was Amazon in Canada. It came today and I wanted to know if I could use the charger in North America, you know, the voltage and everything. Has anybody used theirs in Canada and in the US, or know if it will work. I don't want to risk trying it in case if it doesn't work and something happens.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

UHHH Canada and the us is the same. If you weren't sure, why did you buy it?

You mainly have to worry about that on different continents.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hahahaha. What a stupid question. Of course it will work fine.

Posted by junior senior

why is the voltage different?

it said on the charger US and Japan

and answering Angel Wing's question, I needed a new DS and I was going to buy a new charger if it was different

I've used mine in both countries and it works fine. Don't worry. Canada and the states have the same outlets.

Posted by junior senior

it's charging now, but a big question was why the charger had Japanese lettering all on it.

Posted by maian

voltage

lol

I believe mine has Japanese on it. It's probably just a normal charger, don't think anything of it.

Mine has Japanese on it. That's just the way they are.

Posted by Ant

Since we're on the subjects of chargers. Mine is really wacky. First of all, I can't get my DS to turn on unless I do this weird process. When I plug the charger into the DS the light turns on for a second then goes out. And to turn it on, I have to keep slightly pulling the charger plug in and out while turning the DS on and off until the DS light finally stays on. AND to be able to continue playing my DS I can't unplug it or within 10 minutes the light will turn red and abruptly turn off soon after. So what the s[COLOR="Lime"]h[/COLOR]it. Adivce?

Oh, and I also got mine as an import from Japan, if that matters at all which I doubt.

Call Nintendo. See if it's under warranty. That sounds like something that would be covered.

Posted by maian

It's better than broken shoulder buttons. :(

Seriously, that sucks. I'd call about a warranty, but it's certainly more than a year old, even though it happened within six months of my ownership. =/ To make it worse, to take it apart, you have to use one of those bloody tri-wing screwdrivers that only Nintendo uses. >_>

Posted by Ant

eh, my right shoulder button is a bit sticky. but it's not really bothersome.

Posted by maian

Yeah, mine just don't work.

My R button will work about half the time, and the L button works every once in a blue moon. And, it works all or nothing. There's like a half and half chance that it will work if I turn it on.

I didn't even do anything rough with them, either. =/ I just kinda...happened after I replayed through Mario and Luigi GBA.

Posted by Zeta

Same here. My R button seems to go on and off, while my L is starting to fizzle out too. (Learned that when Maria didn't backdash on PoR Hard Mode, and died. ;_; )

Why the hell are DS shoulder buttons so crappy?

Posted by maian

Anybody know of any way one could fix shoulder buttons? =/ I'd like to call Nintendo, but it probably costs money since it's been over a year.

Mine's working completely fine. How hard do you fags play them?

Posted by Zeta

I barely tap the **** things, though it was dropped several times. >_>

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Maybe that's the problem.

Mine work fine, too. But I'm careful, and rarely play it.

Posted by junior senior

less than a month and my L was broken!

got a new one though :dance:

Posted by Ant

It's funny how people automatically assume you play rough with them if they don't work.

I never even dropped mine and it does that weird thing. As for the shoulder buttons, I never went fukken crazy with the things either. I blame MP:H for overuse of the R button though.

Posted by junior senior

buy yourself a new DS when you find a store in stock and sell your broken one on ebay, you'll get a lot of bids for a broken one.