Marvel VS Capcom 2

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Just re-bought this game today, and it's awesome yet intensely hard. Originally had it on the Dreamcast, now I have the XBox version. So anyway, anyone still play it, and if so, any tips on how to fight at least half decent without being cheap and spamming the character-switch attacks?

Posted by Roger Smith

I generally stick with the quick characters and got out pretty much unscathed. Wolverine, Spidey and Gambit served me well. And using the switch character attack is a good way to rack up points. Best way to get points though is to use Cable, War Machine and Ironman. But a good player with that team can control the battle.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Cable is seriously cheap, I remember being attacked in real life by friends for spamming his projectile moves on the Dreamcast. I seem to play pretty well with Ryu, but I think that's because I've been familiar with his moveset since I was eight years old.

Spider-Man is awesome, though.

Posted by Roger Smith

You can make a Shotokan team by using Ryu, Akuma and Ken. Or you can sub Ken with Sakura. Only problem with her transformation is that it costs 3 super bars, so you can't whore it too much or you won't be able to pull off a team Shoto Cannon.

BTW, I call it the Shoto Cannon team because the only 3 people able to pull off a Hadoken beam is Ryu of course, Akuma and Dark Sakura. Ken simply does a Shoryuu Reppa or a Shippu Jinrai Kyaku instead of a Shinku Hadoken.

But yeah, it sucks when players whore Cable. His ground/air Viper Beam is hard to break, less you rush him with a quick character or use Ashura Warp.

Posted by Pit

Quoting The X: Just re-bought this game today, and it's awesome yet intensely hard. Originally had it on the Dreamcast, now I have the XBox version. So anyway, anyone still play it, and if so, any tips on how to fight at least half decent without being cheap and spamming the character-switch attacks?

to be good at mvc 2 you have to spam your assist type anyways. everyones air combo is pratically the same and personally, i dislike the game.

every pro uses magneto cable, commando, psylocke, sentinel, storm, doc doom, forgot the others, and watching the matchs are boring. everyone does the same thing, game is broken, as only 6 people out of the whole roster are mainly used, and watching the infinite years aog was cool, but it being repeated by eevry player now, as thats the only strategy, magneto infinite plsu spam assist, is pretty gay.

the worlds best player justin wong plays in china town here all the time, but man are those matches boring :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's a real shame, since this game really has the potential to be unstoppably awesome. The multiplayer is still a blast, though.

3001 post get.

Posted by Creedence

I'm thinking about buying this game, does it have any good capcom characters in it like X, Zero, or Dante? Thanks.