World Music

Posted by Xenos

I wish that world music and random cultural goods were more popular on the internet. At Borders I once saw a nice album for Meditteranean Cafe Music and I was so mad because the price tag was out of my reach [16 dollars]. :( I am one of the only people around this viscinity that actually enjoy random folks songs from other countries?

Posted by Arczu

Well it is somewhat rare that you hear something in Spanish you like hearing, or a interesting Russian tune or anything quite different. I occasionally hear songs that I like, but would practically never know what it was or came from. Definitely wasn't a tongue I spoke either.

I'm excluding most of the heavily preferred Japanese Animation-related music in this case because that's a slightly different story. Jamican music sometimes hits my "A" list for example.

Posted by Omni

I've enjoyed a few from Romania and other places, and a whole lot of music influenced by world music. I've been getting more into it lately, actually. I'm also going to fix the title of this thread. Heh...

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Xuphansa: ( I am one of the only people around this viscinity that actually enjoy random folks songs from other countries?

Yes, yes you are. Who the hell listens to ethnic folk stuff?

Posted by Xenos

Arczu: Pfft, Japan distorts anything that is slightly cultural. I hate almost anything vocal so your dilemma doesn't apply to me, in Spain and Mexico, I usually look foward to good old instrumental Flamenco, but that's a tad hard to find as well.

Philsdad: sorry yo