all hail my new computer

Posted by Lord of Spam

Intel Pentium D 930 (dual core, 3.0GHz)
2Gb DDR2 ram
300Gb SATA hdd
DVD burner
dvd reader
TV tuner card

Soon to have something like [url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102022&ATT=14-102-022&CMP=OTC-17exta6]this[/url], but a little nicer maybe (too tired to really look around at cards right now, but you get the idea.)

total set me back 750 with tax, and chances are i'll spend another 150-200 on a graphics card. my music, movies, and 4chan folders have already been moved, and now im just (re)installing wow. Good times.

Posted by Zeta

... I hate you. :(

Posted by Stalolin

This thread reminds me that I need to upgrade my computer.

Posted by brownoystercult

Unneeded for WoW.

Posted by Stalolin

The Outlands needs it. Or at least an amazing internet connection. Everyone lags there because everyone is there.

Posted by Arczu

Man... it makes the $500 we spent on the 26th of December upgrading this computer look like a rip-off.

Cleaning house...

Posted by Poison

Quoting Lord of Spam:
Soon to have something like [url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102022&ATT=14-102-022&CMP=OTC-17exta6]this[/url], but a little nicer maybe (too tired to really look around at cards right now, but you get the idea.)

[quote=]The Catalyst 6.6 drivers it comes with are junk. I built the machine MSI 975x Plat Mobo, C2D 6600, 2gigs of dual channel Corsair Twin2x2048 and this card. Haven't used ATI in 6 years and wanted to test it out due to all the good reviews here and tomshardware. Man was I wrong, I have built the machine and updated all teh drivers except the video card but when i downloaded Catalyst Drivers 6.6, 6.7,6.8,6.9 it goes to the Windows XP Loading screen and then a black screen and doesn't do anything so I have to reinstall Windows again. Did that 8 times already and really mad about this. Never had a problem with drivers out of any of the 3 previous Nvidia products. Maybe I got a bad card but it has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Posted by Arczu

As a fellow RADEON user, I'll have to consent with the BULLSHooTERY we've been having with these types of cards. Using 9600 and this thing blanks out a lot of the time... just great.

Doesn't matter if you freshly installed your OS, this thing has a good chance of screwing you over. Disabled write-combining, but nothing like Random Resets to destroy sessions... man.

I can only suggest that unless you are an expert in computer parts, you avoid ATI for the time being.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I work on way better computers all day. I refuse to give hails to this piece of ****.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I work on way better computers all day. I refuse to give hails to this piece of ****.

you, sir, may suck a dong. Its a **** sight better than my old 1.7ghz, 512 ram, 40gb hdd peice of ****. hell even without a graphics card im running wowo prettier than i used to.

Now i sit back and wait for spore

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

My Radeon 340m works splendidly!

Posted by mis0

...NERDS.

Posted by sniper

who uses pentium

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=sniper;522992]who uses pentium

no one lol

edit: except dell

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Lord of Spam: you, sir, may suck a dong. Its a **** sight better than my old 1.7ghz, 512 ram, 40gb hdd peice of ****. hell even without a graphics card im running wowo prettier than i used to.

Now i sit back and wait for spore

wtf your old one is like the same as mine. How do I shot job? :(

Posted by Roger Smith

Not bad 5head. Though, I'm not a fan of ATI but not bad.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Roger Smith: Not bad 5head. Though, I'm not a fan of ATI but not bad.

ATI ownz your soul. My ATI Radeon RX9250 is pretty old, but it still allows me to run Oblivion on mostly high.

Posted by Roger Smith

Well....that's cool.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Actually, I'm probably going to try to get an nVidia.

Posted by Roger Smith

7900 GS's are pretty cheap now and can play all the games out with full settings. Btw, you intend on getting Vista?

Posted by Shade

I went from a desktop with a 19GB hard drive to a laptop with 80GB that runs waaaaay better. I'm happy.

Posted by ExoXile

AMD Sempron 2.0Ghz
256Mb ram
30Gb SATA hdd
A9600

It's good enough to browse VGC with. :D

Posted by mis0

lol at Exo: Celeron is Intel.

2Ghz AMD Athlon
1GB RAM
80gig HDD
Don't give a **** about the graphics card.
4lb, 12" diagonal laptop
3 hour battery life

AWESOMER THAN YOURS FOR SURES

Posted by ExoXile

Sempron* sorry.

Posted by Roger Smith

2.21 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2
2GB DDR
250GB Seagate ATA HDD
180GB Western Digital SATA HDD
512MB 7900 GTX GeForce
17 inch acer moniter

Posted by Ant

i has a computar

Posted by Roger Smith

lol, i'musing internets!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Misoxeny: lol at Exo: Celeron is Intel.

2Ghz AMD Athlon
1GB RAM
80gig HDD
Don't give a **** about the graphics card.
4lb, 12" diagonal laptop
3 hour battery life

AWESOMER THAN YOURS FOR SURES

Replace that Athlon with a Dual Turion, and it sounds exactly like my lappy!

Also with an nVidia GTX 128MB.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Actually, i'll probably hold off for a week or two and get an 8800 of some sort. It'll set me back like four or five hundred bucks, but i wont have to upgrade for a long time, and it'll support dx10.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Roger Smith;523370]
17 inch acer moniter

19" Acer TFT'er. :cool:

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting ExoXile: 19" Acer TFT'er. :cool:

lol[spoiler]**** J00![/spoiler]

Posted by ExoXile

Whatcha lolin'bout?:(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

In other news, my main PC:

Intel Pentium 4 Processor (x2)
1.5GB RAM
ATI Radeon RX9250
160GB HDD
19" Monitor
Razer Diamondback Pro Mouse (I bought it during my hardcore CSS phase for

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Lord of Spam;523171]Actually, I'm probably going to try to get an nVidia.

what the hell los what the hell

Posted by Slade

Apple iBookGfukken4. Everything stock.

*****es

Posted by Lord of Spam

wow, too ****ing far, slade. too ****ing far.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Any credibility Apple had was completely destroyed by their new adverts.