The Secret of Majora's Mask?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Okay, so does anyone remember Miyamoto continually telling everyone that the answer to what Termina was could be found within the game? Looks like some guy over on the ZU forums has nailed it:

Quoted post: [SIZE="1"]The Stone Tower is the Terminian equivalent of the Tower of Babel. The story of the Tower of Babel tells of mankind's attempt to defy *** by building a tower that would reach the heavens. Because this was an act of wickedness, *** thwarted their plans by making every man speak a different language. Unable to communicate, the men could not continue building the tower.

How does this apply to the Stone Tower? Many people here have mentioned that the Triforce can be seen on the statues leading to Ikana and on the blocks Link crosses to reach the top of the Tower. Nintendo did not put the Triforce there accidentally, or as an Easter egg. The Triforce is placed on the end of the tongue of the statue, and the statue uses its tongue to cover its crotch. Clearly the architects of those obscene statues were aware of the Triforce's existence and were mocking the three ***desses.

The hand at the top of the Stone Tower is pointing at the ***desses, and the phallic tower next to it is saying "Screw you." The Stone Tower itself resembles a giant phallus, sticking out of the earth and pointing towards the heavens.

The ancient ones who built the Stone Tower were blaspheming the ***desses of the Triforce. Their plan seems to have been to open a portal in the sky that would lead them to heaven. But the ***desses would not allow this to happen, and they would not let this evil go unpunished. So they flipped the universe upside down.

The architects opened the portal, but because everything had been reversed it led them to hell. And in hell there was a being that had been sealed away during a previous age, a being that had attempted to destroy the world. The architects found the mask of the demon and brought it with them. And so the ***desses punished the builders of the Stone Tower by releasing Majora into their world. That world was then called Termina because it was doomed to end. The men who had found the mask honored it by placing symbols of it in all the temples, as well as in the realm where they had found it (Twinmold's lair?).

Ages later, the Skull Kid stole the mask and the demon finally had a weak host it could use as a puppet. As Majora gained strength, it summoned the moon to come crashing into Termina, as it was the fate of that world to be destroyed. But then a child came into that doomed world, a child who was a member of the race that had been blessed by the ***desses, a child who had carried a piece of the sacred Triforce. That child was Link, and in three days he conquered the devil and saved the world. It should be noted that Link had entered a portal in the sky as he did this; was that the realm the ancient ones had tried to reach? As the moon was cast back into the heavens, the ***desses left behind a rainbow as a promise that they would not again seek to destroy Termina, as *** had left a rainbow in the sky as a covenant with Noah after flooding the world.

Interestingly enough, though the ***desses spared Termina, they did send a flood to wipe out Hyrule.

Another thing I want to mention: In the Stone Tower Temple Link found the Giant's Mask, which was a sort of tranformation mask. Each transformation mask contained a being's essence. Was there, at one point, a fifth Giant? Were there two Giants in the East, and was one of them sealed away? The Giant's Mask closely resembles the mask of the Garo Master. Perhaps one Giant was the patriarch of the Garos and the other the patriarch of the Ikanans, and the ancient conflict was the source of the tensions that led to the war that destroyed Ikana.[/SIZE]

In summary, Termina is a heathen Hyrule that doesn't believe in ***. Hence why the ***s sent the moon to mess stuff up.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Pretty interesting stuff and it all sounds reasonable. It would be neat to hear Nintendo comment on it...

Posted by Alastor

Seems to make sense. Nintendo commenting on it would be great, but I don't see that happening. I wonder if it'd get printed if he sent that in a letter to Nintendo Power? On a more unrelated note, I wonder how long it took him to come to that conclusion. Seems very well thought out, and it fits with the Biblical references.

Posted by maian

Oh yeah, I've been posting at ZU recently. I saw this awhile ago, and it was really intriguing to me. If you read that thread, he has more and more theories. ;|