I have an awesome English teacher

Posted by WackoHater2

She is letting us watch Jackass Number Two Unrated for the next few days. We're all Seniors (meaning we're between 17 and 20) so I am pretty sure we can handle the content lol. She'd get in some real trouble if anyone of higher authority in the school found out though.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

My *** that must be exciting.

Posted by Slade

This is why I hope High School never ends.

No.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Panic: She'd get in some real trouble if anyone of higher authority in the school found out though.

I know what you mean - I'm president of the anime club, and I keep having to turn away this one guy who tries to bring in stuff with nudity. His argument is that everyone there's mature enough to deal with it, and I agree, but I know what kind of trouble we'd be in if anyone figured it out.

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Linko_16: I know what you mean - I'm president of the anime club, and I keep having to turn away this one guy who tries to bring in stuff with nudity. His argument is that everyone there's mature enough to deal with it, and I agree, but I know what kind of trouble we'd be in if anyone figured it out.

Every school I know of has an anime club except mine. :( I wish we had one. I'd love to be a member.

Posted by Dexter

She sucks compared to my teacher who had us watch Run Lola Run.

Posted by Slade

I've been wanting to see that...

OH YEAH?! My Spanish teacher used to let us watch anything as long as it's rated PG-13 or lower and can be played in Spanish with subtites.

Posted by Arwon

That one doesn't have to end in high school. Winnie the Pooh with the Spanish audio is hilarious even for second-year uni students. Especially whenever Conejo talks.

Posted by Zeta

We watched Inuyasha once in one of my classes. It was horrible...

Posted by cool gamer dad

So we started our Sci-Fi unit in English class today. We watched Jurassic Park.

Well I was supposed to, but I forgot my permission slip and was sent to the library.

But whatever. Books > Jurassic Park, right?

Posted by Omni

I got to see Titanic in school, and I submit that as proof that there is something terribly wrong with the public school system. Man, I thought the torture would never end!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

My teacher let me and my friends stay out in the hall during class and play hacky sack for the entire time as long as we kept good grades. Needless to say, we never stepped foot inside the classroom.

Posted by Linko_16

I get to watch movies in class everyday.

You know, being in Film Study and all.

Posted by Stalolin

I can occasionally play my DS in class. And I (and like a billion of my friends) used to play WoW during my English class with our own laptops, though they've blocked the port now. :(

Posted by s0ul

We watch Holy Grail in psychology... most days. It's rad!

Posted by Dexter

I can play my DS in class as long as I wear a headset.

Posted by NES Queen

you'll never look at a horse the same way ever again....

Posted by Linko_16

I can play DS in 2D Graphic Art if I want, though I'd rather surf the web most of the time. 80% of the kids in there are either stupid or don't care, so it takes forever for her to tell us how to do something - I'll complete it in a second, then spend the next ten minutes doing whatever I want. Knowing this, my teacher doesn't give me a second look if she sees me with a CD Player or DS.

I can also play DS in French sometimes, depending on what we're doing that day; sometimes she gives us the day off after a long test (which still only takes about twenty minutes of our hour-long class), and sometimes we have "food days," where we just bring in french-type food for an hour of leisure. This is all-around probably bad teaching, especially for all the dumb kids in that class, but I'm fortunate enough not to be counted among them.

I also just play DS at lunch and musical rehersals after school.

Posted by Slade

I have yet to play my DS during any classes, but if I get to the college early or something, I just sit in my car and play. And one time, after weeks of driving without any music at all(sound system is toast in that car), I started up ZX and ran to the factory just so I'd have some music to listen to on the way home. Sometimes I'd run out the door into another area to change the song.

I set my DS' language as French, hoping it would aid my learning of the language. I just horribly failed the first test. What do I do now?

Posted by Shade

So far in American History AP we've watched The Patriot, Glory, and National Treasure. Good times.

My school's really strict on gadgetry. If you're listening to music inbetween classes, the hall monitors will confiscate your MP3/Disc player until the end of the year... same with cell phones. I think I'll find my DS in two pieces in the corner of my room if I play that in class. And it's NOT a matter of being sneaky.

Posted by mis0

This is why Americans are so stupid. I do my work in class if I don't need to listen to the lecture, and then I leave when the period ends. This way, the teachers think I'm a good student, so when I need help/need that extra bump in my grades to get the A, they're like "yeah, you seem to work hard. I'll see what I can do."

Then I go home, and party hardy. I try to work hard when I'm working, and play hard when I'm playing. I don't lke to mix the two.

Posted by WackoHater2

We got to the part where Pontius drunk the horse semen today. One girl threw up in the trash can and another left to go to the nurse. It was great.

Posted by Klarth

So far this year the films we've seen in class are the 1974 adaptation of The Great Gatsby, the 1979 Jarman adaptation of The Tempest and a Channel 4 adaptation of Chaucer's Franklin's Tale, all of which we watched in both English classes.

[quote=Panic]
We got to the part where Pontius drunk the horse semen today. One girl threw up in the trash can and another left to go to the nurse. It was great.
IMPORTANT TIP FOR LATER LIFE: When preparing burgers in the back of your local greasebath fast food "restaurant", make sure not to let them stay on one side for too long. Also, stop stealing fries, tubby.

Posted by Shade

I saw The Great Gatsby in American Classics. Horrible movie, decent book.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Most awesome English teacher I ever had was in my second year at high school - Mr Gardener. We were giving presentations on 'pastimes', and this guy came up and gave a talk on videogames, and in particular, the Tomb Raider games. He'd videotaped himself playing TR on his Playstation and was showing the class. Eventually, he got to a point where he was struggling to make a jump, and actually let us sit and watch twenty minutes of him trying the jump, failing, dying from the fall, and then restarting from the checkpoint to try again. Either he was really inexperienced with video cameras, or he thought this repetition was exciting, but eventually, halfway through another painstaking jump, the teacher butted in and said;

'Turn that crap off, son. Sit down.'

On a side note I've seriously studied and seen Star Wars, Back to the Future, Braveheart, The Patriot, Der Untergang, Mrs Doubtfire and Bowling for Columbine in school, and been made to write essays relating to each.

Posted by Zeta

Just remembered that in Mythology we watched Clash of the Titans, Disney's Hercules, and Star Wars IV. Good times.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Misoxeny;522407]This is why Americans are so stupid. I do my work in class if I don't need to listen to the lecture, and then I leave when the period ends. This way, the teachers think I'm a good student, so when I need help/need that extra bump in my grades to get the A, they're like "yeah, you seem to work hard. I'll see what I can do."

Then I go home, and party hardy. I try to work hard when I'm working, and play hard when I'm playing. I don't lke to mix the two.

A bit hard to do schoolwork in class if you've finished everything that they've assigned. Like take today for example, teacher gave us class time to work on an essay I had finished days before. I had nothing else to do, therefore I whipped out Phoenix Wright 2.

Posted by Arcadios

My teachers in general just let use listen to our MP3 Players so I enjoy a good song in between periods.
:)
If I was still in my old school then you wouldn't even be able to pull out your iPod or anything without someone yelling at you.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Stalolin: A bit hard to do schoolwork in class if you've finished everything that they've assigned. Like take today for example, teacher gave us class time to work on an essay I had finished days before. I had nothing else to do, therefore I whipped out Phoenix Wright 2.

No, I mean, I do work from other classes. And if that's all done, I pretend o pay attention. It's good habit - you're not gonna be whipping out a DS when you're in an office meeting.

Posted by Slade

At the end of my freshman year almost every teacher forgot to bring a movie for us to watch, so they just passed around these few copies of Master and Commander. We watched that movie three times a day on two separate occaisions that week.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Shade32: My school's really strict on gadgetry. If you're listening to music inbetween classes, the hall monitors will confiscate your MP3/Disc player until the end of the year... same with cell phones. I think I'll find my DS in two pieces in the corner of my room if I play that in class. And it's NOT a matter of being sneaky.

I don't blame them. I'd happily leave my DS at home if this was the case.

[quote=Misoxeny]This is why Americans are so stupid. I do my work in class if I don't need to listen to the lecture, and then I leave when the period ends. This way, the teachers think I'm a good student, so when I need help/need that extra bump in my grades to get the A, they're like "yeah, you seem to work hard. I'll see what I can do."

I agree with you, mostly; my excuse is that I'm a senior now, and senior classes (at least in America) usually assign hardly any homework.

Posted by The Judge

My dad lets me watch whatever movie I want.

Whenver I want.

Posted by junior senior

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure in global ftw

oh yeah, I played my DS in every class one day

Posted by G-Sides

8th grade, we watched major payne in spanish class but it was in english so no one even knew why we were watching it
9th grade, watched the outsiders and breakfast club in psychology
this year, we watched both film adaptations of lord of the flies for tech theater