Polling for a "possible" new official VGC smilie, in '07.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Just because Roger Smith said it "couldn't be done", that it was "too late" to bother with. I'm going to poll it anyways, because RS is usually wrong. So just pick something, ya' jerks.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]EDIT: By the way, it's multiple choice..[/SIZE][/FONT]

Posted by Omni

I picked the first 3 options.

Posted by Iris

Constantly asking gets you nowhere. Know how long it took for Jesse to put up the metool smilie?

Posted by Arcadios

Never?
What about that Amy one?

Posted by Iris

He put that up instantly. Probably because I never asked him to.

Posted by Jesse Smith

*yawn* I think I need sleep.

Posted by WackoHater2

Voted 1, 2 and 3.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I was totally going to make this thread, but then it turned into a salami sandwich.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;522211]I was totally going to make this thread, but then it turned into a salami sandwich.

I should have just went with a sandwich, too. Screw smilies..

Posted by Iris

All the smilies suck, except maybe the third. The first might be better if it were transparent.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Here's a great example as to when voting is pointless.

Posted by NES Queen

we have way too many smilies as it is. if you want to use a special one just host the image yourself and add it to your posts as needed.

Posted by Zeta

It's annoying to type in a url as opposed to just some word between colons, though. =/

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=NES Queen]we have way too many smilies as it is. if you want to use a special one just host the image yourself and add it to your posts as needed.

We should over-haul the smilies collection. Most of them seem a bit too childish, even for 10-15 year olds. Seriously, look at how lame some of them are:

[SIZE=1]:minnie:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]*:harry: Harry looks more like Waldo, without the dorky-ass clothes.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]:cheer: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]*:tweety: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]:garfield: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]:snoopy: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]**peterpan* [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]*:smurf: This Smurf just looks like a baby-blue pile of goatdick.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]:santa:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]:pikachu:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]*:mew:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]:pokeball:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]* :charmande[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]:rainbow:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]:wacko: Okay, we have these, bouncing, so..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]:bounce: What the hell is the point of having these?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]:link2: :link: What's the point in having two Links?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]:cookie2: This Cookie Monster is just garbage, compared to the older model we have.[/SIZE]
:spam2: I think the can of SPAM serves better than this junk.

Posted by Iris

I like a lot of those.

...I just don't use them. :(

Posted by Omni

That set of flashing rainbow smilies especially sucks.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Iris: I like a lot of those.

well then I suppose you don't really like them as much as you think you do

Quoting Zeta: It's annoying to type in a url as opposed to just some word between colons, though. =/

aww, poor baby.

Posted by Zeta

*Sucks on a pacifier*

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Iris: I like a lot of those.

Then there's really no point in keeping them.

Also, I suggest we remove the smilies posted by Sadistic Grin, and just put all 3 poll'd smilies in. Seems fair doesn't it?

Posted by Iris

But the ones Sadistic Grin posted don't seem any more rational than the ones in the poll.

Besides, a lot of them are pretty classic and still used.

Posted by Roger Smith

lol @ rational. If you've noticed, hardly any of the current smilies are rational. Smiles aren't about rationality.

Ok, classic. I'll go with that. It doesn't really bother me if we keep them, although I would like to see at least 1 smilie from that poll make it.

Posted by Iris

I mean, they're just as likely to be used.

Posted by Roger Smith

Well all in all, the thing I want is to see 1 of those smilies make it. Other then that It's all cool.

Posted by Arcadios

I only know like 3 members that use this useless smilie: :amy:

Posted by Omni

Are you one of them? You keep using it.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Pretty Hate Machine;523049]That set of flashing rainbow smilies especially sucks.
Yes, it does. And it especially pisses me off. I hate blinky-things, they remind me of hookers.. and Christmas.

[quote=Roger Smith;523124]Then there's really no point in keeping them.

Also, I suggest we remove the smilies posted by Sadistic Grin, and just put all 3 poll'd smilies in. Seems fair doesn't it?
Glad to see we're seated at that same table, here?

[quote=Iris;523145]But the ones Sadistic Grin posted don't seem any more rational than the ones in the poll.

Besides, a lot of them are pretty classic and still used.
Your oppinion means nothing to me.. Goat. =]

Posted by Iris

[quote=Arcadios;523150]I only know like 3 members that use this useless smilie: :amy:
It's used plenty. Stop being so spiteful.
[quote=Sadistic Grin]Your oppinion means nothing to me.. Goat. =]
Yes, but overall it means something to people who matter, so that's good enough for me. :amy::amy::amy::amy::amy::amy:

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Iris;523471]It's used plenty. Stop being so spiteful.

Yes, but overall it means something to people who matter, so that's good enough for me. :amy::amy::amy::amy::amy::amy:

Jerk.. [SIZE=3]=[ [/SIZE]<-- Do ya' see that, yeah, it's a frowny face. I believe they gave you a ****load of them in gradeschool. Ya' big jerk.. :cool:

Amy Rose sucks. By the way.

Posted by Zeta

As long as we're discussing smilies and stuff, someone change that Strago icon into a Kefka one.

Posted by Roger Smith

Or just put a Kefka one in :)

Posted by Tyler Durden

[CENTER][SIZE=6][IMG]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5811/cowbell6wy.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]
[SIZE=6]"It needs more Kefka.. "[/SIZE][/CENTER]