SSX Blur

Posted by maian

I'm psyched. I liked the controls video, and supposedly, it plays really well with them. It looks challenging, but apparently the learning curve is easy, just like past SSX's.

I've tried researching the game, but can't find much information. Just a question, what was SSX: On Tour like? I wish SSX would stick with its own characters and actually present new tracks each game instead of what they've been doing.

Posted by s0ul

It looks like it's gonna play awfully, but I'll still get it because I'm totally retarded for SSX. :(

Posted by Linkman

It looks similar SSX 3, which I liked better than SSX On Tour. SSX on Tour was still fun, but there wasn't much to it like SSX 3. You basically just do a bunch races and trick contests until you get to rank #1. Either way, I'll get Blur, because I too, am obsessed with SSX. :cool:

Posted by Sage Shadows

Getting it for sure.

Posted by Ant

If the controls are implemented correctly, I might consider playing it :)

Posted by s0ul

Anyone else pick it up? Came out today or yesterday, and me being the SSX whore I am, got it promptly, despite doubts regarding the controls. I've gotten the hang of the controls pretty quickly, but man, they're bad. All these games with Wii controls for the sake of being Wii controls are infuriating. The SSX controls are so unintuitive and unnecessary it's seriously making me lose faith in the Wii as a viable console for real games and not just stupid minigame compilations. It's not even that bad, just insanely awkward, it's pretty easy to do what you want but deep down I know it's just wrong. Anyone feeling the same way?

Posted by Yui

I figured I would wait and see what people said about it then I would decide weather or not I was going to get it. from what I saw and heard about it before it came out it looked pretty good but now that it has been released I have heard not so great things about it. I am interested to see what everyone that purchased this game thinks of it.

Posted by Dexter

I'll be going through it as soon as I'm finished with Sonic and Excite Truck. Should be there by Monday. I'll certainly share my thoughts when I have them.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Like Soul, I'm stupid in love with SSX... yet, I can't exactly bring myself to buy this game when I'm getting GRAW2 next week. Seems like a pretty good rental though.

Posted by s0ul

The more I play it the more I like it, I'm thinking I was kinda quick to judge on this one, but I'm still finding myself frustrated with the controls a lot of times. When I'm having good runs I seem to get into the game and it kinda feels natural, but as soon as it does something stupid it just makes me angry at the controls again. Hoping eventually I'll get awesome enough for it not to bother me.

******* controls. They better not make me hate an SSX.

Posted by s0ul

Okay, learning curve's even bigger than I thought. The game is definitely as good as you are at playing it, if that makes sense. I'm really liking it now that I'm figuring out what I was doing wrong and stuff, and a lot of what I thought was the controls being ****ty was my batteries dying (lol, sry EA :(). My opinion on this game is changing so much that *politician joke*

But yeah, definitely recommended now.

Posted by Axis

I've been playing for about 2 hours and the learning curve is very steep. I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun with it once I get used to it though. I can see this definitely not being a party game, though.

Posted by Dexter

Not much of a party game. The learning curve is too difficult to make it fast fun. It's good for me, because I have the patience to figure it out, but it's not as easy as, let's say, 1080 Snowboarding was. People were able to pick that up quickly. Blur is better for single-player instead of multiplayer anyway. I haven't beaten it entirely yet but I'm progressing well. Too bad this was released after snowboarding season. It makes me want to go again.

Posted by s0ul

SSX's multiplayer has always been bad.

Posted by Dexter

This is the first SSX game I've seriously played. I've seen Tricky being played and I think I might have tried it, but not really. How does this one hold up against the others? Best yet? Is it very different?

Posted by s0ul

Tricky's the best, for sure. Blur's a bit different, but I'd say it's probably next best after Tricky.

Next best? Disagreed. Tricky is, indeed the best, but Blur doesn't really come close to comparing.

Posted by s0ul

Actually, yeah, I retract that statement. I never played On Tour, but 3's better than Blur. It's basically the same game except you don't have to play 3 on a Wii controller, and the soundtrack on 3 was effin' great.

Agreed completely.

Posted by Linkman

SSX3 had a great soundtrack, probably one of the best licensed game soundtracks there is. SSX On Tour was good too. It had a lot of Classic Rock songs from bands like Def Leppard and Scorpions.

Posted by Axis

Ok, I just couldn't get into this game at all. I'm glad I didn't buy it. I just wasn't having enough fun with it. I guess Super Paper Mario will be my next purchase.

Posted by Dexter

It got better as I progressed and I felt like I was finally enjoying it decently in the middle of peak 3. It seems like it has what it takes to be a great snowboarding game, but there's something missing that I can't figure out.

Traditional controls.