Dirge of Cerebus?

Posted by Orlandu

I may have spelled that wrong. Anyway, has anyone played Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerebus? I just recently heard of it and was wondering if it was worth finding. I figure if I have never heard of it, it can't be that good. Any opinions that might help my decision?

Posted by S

Dirge of Cerberus.

It's a decent game, with information based on the Final Fantasy Seven storyline. I hear its worth beating, I've not personally purchased it but my best friend has it. I'm eventually going to finish it. Honestly, its up to you, but my friend was advised to keep it because of the final cut scenes. It adds Omega Weapon into the story of it, whom was not in Seven but first appeared in Eight.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

it sucked. it brings disgrace to the name Final Fantasy, as well as that stupid FF7 movie.

Posted by Xenos

Eh, it looked like a mediocre game that was milk off of the dead cow that is FF7. I heard that they were considering on making another movie - good ***.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Hahah, basically. I haven't played it as of yet, nor do I plan on spending money on it. I'll just wait until I can find someone to lend it to me. Seriously, how far are they going to take this.

Posted by Ant

I heard it was a fairly mediocre game overall. I haven't played it or even seen it being played though, but still, being a fan of the original, I wouldn't mind playing through it if only for the storyline.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

It's an okay game. It's fun enough to play, I guess.

But I don't like how they're tacking stuff onto a closed story. FF7 was a complete story that was done being told. At the end of the game, I had a sense of closure. I was still a bit confused, but I knew a few things to be true. First of all, Rufus was dead. He died in the Shinra Building when Diamond Weapon shot at it.

And in Advent Children, I'm pretty sure I saw Tseng. Didn't Elena punch Cloud in FF7 because she thought he killed Tseng, but it was actually 'Sephiroth'? I haven't played through FF7 recently, but I remember Elena hitting Cloud because she thought he killed Tseng. I'm pretty sure it took place in Icicle Inn, just before the Snow Boarding sequence.

I just don't like that they changed the story of FF7 to accomodate a sequel. The game was great, and had a great story. It would be like saying that Palpatine survived the stuff at the end of Return of the Jedi and then continued to oppress the galaxy. No one wants to hear that. We were glad that he got what he got, and to change that seems to cheapen the awesomeness of the story. The same is true of FF7.

Posted by Arwon

I dunno, Vincent's story seemed like a fairly large loose end, him being an optional character and all that. Perhaps they didn't need to destroy the ruins of Midgar in the process, but it was nice to see him get some closure.

Posted by S

Quoting Arwon: I dunno, Vincent's story seemed like a fairly large loose end, him being an optional character and all that. Perhaps they didn't need to destroy the ruins of Midgar in the process, but it was nice to see him get some closure.

They probably just coulda done a twenty minute anime to accomplish the same thing, though. Like the OVA of Zach and Cloud, and the original fight against Sephiroth.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, only this way, they get loads of money.

Posted by S

Quoting Angelwing: Yeah, only this way, they get loads of money.

And no one would've seen that coming from Square, they're saints.

Posted by Arwon

[b][size=6]COMPUTER GAME COMPANY IN UNPRECEDENTED SCANDAL: SQUARE WANTS TO MAKE MONEY[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]SHOCKING REVELATION CAUSES FURY, OUTRAGE AMONG NERDS[/SIZE]

FILM AT ELEVEN[/B]

Posted by Jaems

Just rent it.
I thought it was pretty meh. Kinda like a gayed up version of DMC, pretty much.

But there's barely any replay value.
Not worth buying.

Posted by XxLionheartXx

its to mediocre, its sooo bad it doesnt even have the honor of having final fantasy 7 in it

Posted by FaytLeingod99

I just bought the game and it wasn't all that great. It only took a few hours to beat and theres pretty much no replay value.