Favourite Ayreon album?

Posted by Klarth

I've been listening to pretty much nothing but the human equation for a few days now, and I love it. It's amazing. Everything about it is truly stunning.

So, out of Ayreon's discography, which album's your favourite?

Posted by Richaod

I've only heard The Human Equation, which I consider somewhat overrated (too acoustic-based, and some of the songs, like Day Twelve, are pretty dodgy). I'm in the process of getting Into The Electric Castle, so I'll get back to this.

I do like them though.

Posted by Trigger

Finally something that doesn't revolve around Dream Theatre. I love Ayreon and I have Shin-Ra to thank for introducing me to them. I've been rather impressed with The Human Equation and have come to adore certain "personalities" portrayed, one in particular that I would normally dislike with a vengence. I'm hoping to get the other albums soon but they're rather expensive and I'm not too keen on downloading several albums on a 56K Internet connection. So the only choice I have is to save my money and purchase their albums (which is nicer, anyway).

They're great, I really enjoy their music. Thanks Supershin. :-*

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Trigger: Finally something that doesn't revolve around Dream Theatre.

Heh, what about James LaBrie as the vocalist for The Human Equation?

Posted by Trigger

Quoting Richaod: Heh, what about James LaBrie as the vocalist for The Human Equation?

It doesn't revolve around Dream Theater. "Revolve around" meaning focused solely on Dream Theater. One vocalist from the band is hardly a topic focused solely on DT and it certainly isn't the entire group.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Dream Sequencer. It's far more mellow than the newer stuff and the guy from Tiamat does some vocals.

*to add to Trigger's post*

Quoting Richaod: Heh, what about James LaBrie as a vocalist for The Human Equation?

Yeah, I suppose it revolves around Mostly Autumn, Dead Soul Tribe, The Quill, Opeth, Devin Townsend, Ambeon, etc. as well. That's a hell of a thing to revolve around, especially since we're talking about the band's entire discography and you're narrowing it down to one album and one of the many vocalists on it.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Trigger: It doesn't revolve around Dream Theater. "Revolve around" meaning focused solely on Dream Theater. One vocalist from the band is hardly a topic focused solely on DT and it certainly isn't the entire group.

I know, I know. They just seem so widespread though, even in the music they record.

VGC is hardly a DT fan site, anyway.

Posted by Trigger

Quoting Richaod: VGC is hardly a DT fan site, anyway.

What are you on about? Of course this isn't a Dream Theater fan site, nor did I say it was. Where you got that idea eludes me but in any case, there has been a lot of comments, referrences, posts and threads about them, in comparison to other bands. Hence, I was relieved to find a thread that didn't mention Dream Theater's doings and so forth. Honestly, Richaod, it was a simple comment; stop trying to start something.

To be back on the actual topic once again, Devin Townsend = hawt.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Trigger][color=yellow]What are you on about? Of course this isn't a Dream Theater fan site, nor did I say it was. Where you got that idea eludes me but in any case, there has been a lot of comments, referrences, posts and threads about them, in comparison to other bands. Hence, I was relieved to find a thread that didn't mention Dream Theater's doings and so forth. Honestly, Richaod, it was a simple comment:

argh.

Equivalent of a DT fan site. You yourself defined "revolves" as being focused solely on something. The Music board is hardly focused only on Dream Theater.

It was a simple comment. It's obvious that neither The Human Equation nor the Music board revolves around Dream Theater. k.

Posted by Raptor

Unimpressed.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Richaod]Equivalent of a DT fan site. You yourself defined "revolves" as being focused solely on something. The Music board is hardly focused only on Dream Theater.
I didn't say the entire board did, I said that a lot of posts lately have been about Dream Threater. Those topics certainly revolved around Dream Theater.

[quote]It was a simple comment. It's obvious that neither The Human Equation nor the Music board revolves around Dream Theater. k.
I never said it did. In fact, I said that this thread and the album didn't revolve around Dream Theater, even in my very first post. Which would now mean that you really had no reason to quote that section at all, if you agree with me. In any case, I am done talking to you about this.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Trigger: I didn't say the entire board did, I said that a lot of posts lately have been about Dream Threater. Those topics certainly revolved around Dream Theater.

I never said it did. In fact, I said that this thread and the album didn't revolve around Dream Theater, even in my very first post. Which would now mean that you really had no reason to quote that section at all, if you agree with me. In any case, I am done talking to you about this.

*huge headache*

I'm very grateful for the last sentence in that post.

Okay, let's get back to discussing Ayreon. Arjen Lucassen is a genius. kthx

Posted by Klarth

And he's nearly seven feet tall.

I've ordered The Universal Migrator albums as a package, so this should be fun.

Posted by sabre

Into The Electric Castle is divine. The Garden of Emotion, The Castle Hall and The Two Gates are standout. There's only one song I don't like, that being Isis and Osiris... which always seemed to drag on for too long for my liking, and invoked little interest all the way through.