Kalmah

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Anybody ever heard of the band Kalmah? They're a melodic death metal band from Finland, sort of like Children Of Bodom except way the hell better. They're currently sitting as one of my favorite bands right now

Posted by Phantasma2

I only have the "Black Waltz" album and jesus I LOVE it.

I listened to their older stuff but eh, didn't like it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, they somewhat spread through the boards when Black Waltz was released, so I'm sure there's a couple people besides me and Phant who like them.

Anywho, excellent stuff. I hadn't heard anything prior to Black Waltz when I decided to check them out, and I was really surprised and how well produced it was. The vocals were top-notch and the riffs were fantastic. Though, now that I've listened to past material, the jump to that and their current sound is noticeable large. So I have high hopes for their next album.

Posted by Pit

just have their maiden covers, really well done

Posted by Omni

I have only heard one of their songs, and it was through Vampiro.

Posted by Shade

Got the first track of the Black Waltz off Hyper. Soundin good.

EDIT: I need the rest of this album.

Posted by Gollum

Yeah, Kalmah is great. Although they aren't very death metaly. Sounds more like power metal to me.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Same as CoB, genre-wise: speed/power. Just better vocals. Loev me some good vocals.

Posted by Hyper

Heroes To Us = one of my favorite songs. I've been praising these guys here on VGC since last summer when I first found them.