American Idol 6

Posted by Dexter

It's back. Fun stuff. Most of the contestants today were complete jokes but there were a few interesting ones in there. My fursonal favorite, by far, on tonight's episode was definitely Sarah Kruger. Fantastic voice, excellent presence, and nice appearance. She wasn't annoyingly over the top on anything. She found a good, casual middle ground that still worked, which isn't too easy. Her song choice was a little disappointing to me since "Over the Rainbow" has already made a big mark on the show. I think she'll make it far, though, especially if the competition stays the same (awful).

Jewel was a guest judge on the show tonight. I like Jewel. I like her style and music, but she doesn't fit well with the judges. She doesn't show enough excitement nor does she contribute much in her criticism and flattery. She's too passive and quiet, not bold enough. Even if she was bold, I still don't think she would have much to contribute.

Paula is hilarious. She reminds me so much of my mom, gregarious and loopy. Of course she's not half as good of a judge as Simon is. When Simon speaks, my attention is all his. He's funny, clever, and accurate. He's built his presence and owns the show. Ah, the fun I would have being a judge on this show. I know I'd have a few worthy comments to make on the performances and characters in general. I wouldn't even want to try out as the singer. GIVE ME A JUDGE POSITION!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Who was that guy who juggled and ****, then tore up a curse storm and started crying? I like him, he's got talent.

Posted by Dexter

Forgot his name. I didn't think he was too bad, but he definitely didn't have a chance at winning. His attitude was whiney and generally unlikable, he blew things out of proportion, and he was simply using the wrong methods in the wrong place. He was like a girl on the Internet, he just didn't belong. They were right when they said he'd be better off at America's Got Talent. Even there he would fail.

The thing is, they could use a judge like me. They got Simon that can easily find all these negative points about the contestants, but they don't have anyone there who can do the opposite and discover the unique, likeable aspects of them, which is, in all honestly, a lot more difficult to do. They could use an opposing judge like me on the show, don't you think? Someone start me a petition! I'd have Wolfy on the desk with me. Those would be good times.

It reminds me of our introduction forum, actually.

They don't need someone like you though. It's all good and well to have a likable person, but they need talent in the end. Plus, the other two judges generally find the pros in someone.

Posted by Dexter

They don't need me to be the likable character. That's not what I meant. I meant they needed someone like me to find aspects in unlikable people that are likeable. And the two that are supposed to find the pros fail, miserable. Simon's got them joining the dark side and not even Jewel was able to find some decent things to say to some indecent contestants, or anything, for that matter. They need to find talent, yes, but wouldn't it be interested to find hidden talent in seemingly untalented people? I think it would add a nice touch to the show myself.

I never said that. What I meant is that it's good and well to have a contestant that's likable. And no, if someone can't sing they can't sing. Simple as that.

Posted by Dexter

Tonight was hilarious. I was laughing so hard. The brother and sister team were the best. Talented collaboration.

I wish they'd show off the city their scouting more. More attention on location would work nicely.

Quoted post: if someone can't sing they can't sing. Simple as that.

People still seem to make it through with a strong, agreeable presence and an interesting back-story.

My step mom is living in Seattle right now. ****ty city.

Also, it's sad the brother and sister were the best. They really weren't that great. And I lol'd so hard at that huge kid and his little monkey friend. Wow. Don't they realise A) they have no talent and more importantly, B) They look disgusting? Come on.

Quoted post: People still seem to make it through with a strong, agreeable presence and an interesting back-story.

They make it as far as Hollywood but not to the main show.

Posted by maian

Heh, they came to my city, Denver, last year. I wish I would've watched. :(

Nonetheless, I've bol'd many, many times. Big Red was gawd awful, and I couldn't stop laughing. And neither could the judges. Unfortunately, I had to miss an hour of last night's. :(

Posted by Linkman

The auditions are fun to watch. I always lol.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I despise this show. I hate Paula, Randy and Simon, and I want to KILL that host! The auditions are hilarious, but after that its pointless. After 5 season, none of them made it, except Clay Akien, and he didnt even ****ing win.

Posted by WackoHater2

I don't really have a favorite just yet because in the auditions I usually pay more attention to the people who suck more than those who are good. I liked the dude the Simon compared to a bush baby. He was funny. Overall worst as of yet in my opinion is the red haired guy that tried to sing "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Tiptoegecko: After 5 season, none of them made it, except Clay Akien, and he didnt even ****ing win.

Kelly Clarkson?

I never watch past the auditions. Once they get to hollywood I tune out.

Posted by maian

Agreed.

What'd everyone think of the Lion Girl?

She was scary. :(

And yeah, Kelly Clarkson certainly got big. And no, Clay didn't "make it". Clay made that one CD, and I've barely heard of him since. =/ And the only song that I know he sings is one I hate. (Invisible)

Posted by Fate

That nerdy guy really had me for a loop. He had weird eyes.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Linkman: Kelly Clarkson?

she had like 2 hits, and were overplayed on the radio for 2 months and some other garbage came in.

but my point still stands: the show is trash after the auditions

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]When Simon told that guy he looked like one of those creatures that live in the jungle and hang on trees i almost fell out of my couch laughing. At first i thought he was talking about a goblin or elf or something but then i was like "ohhhhh, i know what animal he's talking about lmao".[/COLOR]

Posted by TheSorrow

Quoting maian: Agreed.

What'd everyone think of the Lion Girl?

She was scary. :(

it made me laugh so much and at the end I liked how she asked them if they actually wanted to keep the poster

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]When Simon told that guy he looked like one of those creatures that live in the jungle.[/COLOR]

I bet it brought back memories of your childhood.

I only watch these types of shows for the mocking portion. As soon as it gets serious I bail.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

The entire show is a load of garbage.

lol i should audition on canadian idol

Posted by Raptor

You mean to tell me this show is still around?

I hate this country.

Posted by Arczu

There is no way you could keep a show this popular down.

Some people must be going there and purposely doing bad acts. They want those 15 minutes of fame rather than a chance to make it big (or something like that, there is always some weird auditions).

Obviously. Do you honestly think 10,000 people per city believe they can sing well enough or look good enough to make it to the final show? Nope.

Posted by WackoHater2

I want to audition one day.. just to be an idiot.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

We are forgetting the true "American Idol"

[IMG]http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/2793/inspiration7vh.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by WackoHater2

William Hung ftw lol. My favorite person from American Idol from all 5 previous years was Chris Doughty from last year. I was so ****ed when that gray haired queer won instead last year. He did awesome with the song "Renegade"

Posted by Dexter

Ant reminds me of Chris Sligh. Funny and adorable.

Posted by WackoHater2

So who is everyone liking now that it's down to 24 people? I don't much like any of the girls this year. I like that one dude.. I am always forgetting his name though. He looks middle eastern and his sister went home a few days ago.

Gina for girls and Chris Sligh for boys. Same people I've liked since the beginning.

Posted by Dexter

Chris Sligh is the only one I seem to care about. They got rid of all the girls I liked. :(