Your Most Played song?

Posted by Arcadios

itunes says my most played song is Still Dreaming by Nas, Kanye West, and Chrisette Michele.
35 plays since I've gotten the album on 1-07-07.

Posted by Phantasma2

Anaal Nathrakh – Between **** And **** We Are Born - 45

As said by last.fm.

BEAT THAT

Posted by Zeta

Leon's Theme - Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

Posted by Omni

"Starfuckers, Inc." by Nine Inch Nails, with 11 plays. I should open my Last.fm more...

Posted by Shade

Last.fm says: Pain - Same Old Song [30]

iTunes says: Porcupine Tree - Trains [10]

Hmmm, HMMMM.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Last.FM says Xasthur - Intro [16 plays] but there's about 7 Xasthur songs entitled "intro." Craft – The Suffering of Others would be the most played at 10.

iTunes, however, says Mindless Self Indulgence "Shut Me Up" at 23 with Darkthrone's "In the Shadow of the Horns" at 17 coming in second.

For the amount of music I tend to listen to, you'd think my most played would be a lot higher. But considering how much music I actually have...

Posted by Sapphire Rose

iTunes - "I am Vengance" by Naglfar

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Probably Ghost Love Score by Nightwish.

Probably? You better back that up with facts, missy.

Posted by Ant

Tsuyoshi Kaneko – Sabat with 253 plays, but since I had that on a loop all day once, I won't count it.

2nd with 117 plays is Kevin Stephens, trickwaters – Fire Emblem Etude for Piano in F# Minor. Nice peaceful piece.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Everyone in this thread bar Ant has un-hardcore play amounts.

My most listened to song, says WinAmp, is Devil's Haircut by Beck. It's had 172 plays since I added it to my library on the 6th of May 2006.

Last.fm says I've listened to (White Man) in Hammersmith Palais the most - 96 plays since I set up my last.fm account in August 2006.

Posted by G-Sides

Sonic Adventure – Red Hot Skull 237

2 Buckethead – Star Wars Theme 224

3 Death From Above 1979 – Do It! 156

4 Soil – Redefine 155

5 Spiderbait – Black Betty 154

6 Mr. Bungle – Squeeze Me Macaroni 145

7 Bad Brains – Black Dots 141

8 Tomahawk – Captain Midnight 132

8 Primus – My Name is Mud 132

10 Bad Brains – I Against I 131

11 Mr. Bungle – Egg 129

12 Mr. Bungle – Goodbye Sober Day 128

13 Primus – Frizzle Fry 127

14 CAKE – Never There 125

15 Fant

I can't understand how people can listen to the same song that many times. if I did that, I'd have over 10,000 songs never listened to, and I'd rather listen to something new more often than not.

Posted by G-Sides

meh, most of it has added up overtime considering the 2 years i've been on audioscrobbler/last.fm, the recent stuff are shorter songs that i guess just end up getting played often when i have my **** on shuffle. i tend to go to sleep and to school and out etc with my winamp on shuffle, so i accumulate plays for songs that i didn't even really listen to

Posted by Phantasma2

And I thought I listened to much to that Anaal song =(

Posted by G-Sides

it's a good song tbqh, even my mom likes the melodic vocals 8-)

Quoted post: meh, most of it has added up overtime considering the 2 years i've been on audioscrobbler/last.fm, the recent stuff are shorter songs that i guess just end up getting played often when i have my **** on shuffle. i tend to go to sleep and to school and out etc with my winamp on shuffle, so i accumulate plays for songs that i didn't even really listen to

Eh, year and a half in my case. Far longer for iTunes without reseting anything.

Posted by Arcadios

I'd have more plays on songs if I had iTunes for more then 3 weeks.

Update
1-Still Dreaming Nas Featuring Kanye West and Chrisette Michele
47 Plays

2-Black Republican Nas Featuring Jay-Z
30 Plays

3-Falling Down III
24 Plays

Posted by Arwon

My top 10 on the Ipod:

325 - Augie March - Just Passing Through (only added March last year, that's roughly 30 per month, or once a day)
293 - Silver Jews - Smith & Jones Forever
270 - the Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
265 - the Hold Steady - Cattle and the Creeping Things
264 - Augie March - Thin Captain Crackers
263 - the Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)
245 - Les Savy Fav - We'll Make a Lover of You
235 - Andrew Bird - A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left
224 - the Decemberists - The Legionnaire's Lament
220 - Mountain Goats - No Children

None are from long-term looping anything, and it's a fairly smooth curve right down. I just tend to have my Ipod and a large ever-changing playlist running through my stereo pretty much constantly. The songs that get played a lot are the ones I never remove from the list. Song number 100 (Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues) is at 114 plays, and song number 300 (William Shatner - Common People) is at 57 so as I said... smooth curve, not obsession over a couple of songs.

So not only do I have impeccable taste, I apparently listen to my music more than y'all.

Posted by Hyper

1 Iron Maiden – The Wicker Man 180
2 Pain of Salvation – Diffidentia (Breaching the Core) 174
3 Pain of Salvation – Chain Sling 162
4 Porcupine Tree – The Sound of Muzak 158
4 Kamelot – Soul Society 158
6 Nightwish – Dark Chest of Wonders 156
7 Ayreon – Day Sixteen: Loser 153
8 Eldritch – Lonesome Existence 150
9 Megadeth – Kick the Chair 140
10 Eagles – Hotel California 138

In other words, only Arwon has me beat. Though mine is just from my last.fm, not counting mp3 player listens.

Posted by WackoHater2

Mindless Self Indulgence - "Bitches" (11 plays)

Posted by Tiptoegecko

apparently, my top played song is Mann Gegen Mann by Rammstein (73 times)

Posted by Richaod

My Last.fm says Tuna In The Brine by Silverchair, at 41 plays, but iTunes has Napalm Death's classic You Suffer at 218 plays. :D Being only 6 seconds long, it doesn't register on Last.fm... unless you happen to stream it by chance, which is impossible.

Posted by Ichigo54

in one weekend i listened to Anna Molly 2039 times. /win

Posted by Crazy K

My most played song is Face to Melinda - Opeth

I have only played it 4 times.

Posted by Kamek

Closing Down the Pattern Department- Daphne Loves Derby

Yeah I know I'll catch a lot of flak for that haha.

Posted by WackoHater2

Two way tie right now.

Mindless Self Indulgence - "Bitches"
Mindless Self Indulgence - "I'm Your Problem Now"

Both at 14 plays.

Posted by Omni

Now it's "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse at 22 plays. It's just so ridiculously catchy.

Posted by Obscurum Contagiion

Pest - L

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Crazy K: My most played song is Face to Melinda - Opeth

I have only played it 4 times.

Face of Melinda - Opeth

We've been over this before!

Posted by Dexter

"Wild One" by Polysics. 67 listens. *dances*

Posted by WackoHater2

Mindless Self Indulgence - Stupid Mf (25 plays)

Posted by S

Rammstein - Engel, 133 plays.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I haven't listened to music on my computer in about a month, but I can tell you that the songs I listen to most frequently as of the past few months are Mgla's "Power and Will", Watain's "The Limb Crucifix", Pantheist's "Sloth", and Urfaust's "D

Posted by Gollum

In the past few weeks it would In An Excruciating Way... by Wormphlegm. Too lazy to write out the whole title.

Fantastic song. If Shin or Vamp happen to be reading this, do you guys know of any other bands like Wormphlegm?

Posted by Obscurum Contagiion

Quoting Irrelevant: In the past few weeks it would In An Excruciating Way... by Wormphlegm. Too lazy to write out the whole title.

Fantastic song. If Shin or Vamp happen to be reading this, do you guys know of any other bands like Wormphlegm?

try Torture Wheel and Wraith of the Ropes.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Obscurum Contagiion: try Torture Wheel and Wraith of the Ropes.

Thanks. I found Wraith of the Ropes' album, but no Torture Wheel. Better be good.

Wraith sucks. But what are you looking for, just something in the vain of Funeral Doom/Drone, or what Wormphlegm did with their first album?

If it's the former, check out Hjarnidaudi. Probably the best Doom/Drone material out there. Khanate is also pretty **** good, as is Uncertainty Principle.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Stabat Mater is a must if you haven't already listened to it. The song "Give Them Pain" is especially in the vein of Wormphlegm.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Wraith sucks.

Yep. I wasn't that into them.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: But what are you looking for, just something in the vain of Funeral Doom/Drone, or what Wormphlegm did with their first album?

Either, but I'd be particularly interested in finding out if there's another band like Wormphlegm out there.

Anyways, I'm going to try those bands you guys recommended and get back.

Posted by Jaems

I believe it is,
"Machinae Supremacy – Player One"

Posted by Ayu

Away we go~Valencia (Played 76 times)

Yay for alternative.

Posted by WackoHater2

Mindless Self Indulgence - Stupid Mf (33)

Posted by Toaster From Mars

The used "Maybe memoires"

>]

Posted by Ch

Alice in Chain's "Fairytale Love Story" has 473 plays

Probably because I listened to it so much over the summer.

Posted by WackoHater2

Mindless Self Indulgence - Bitches

Posted by Remixx

I seem to play Less Talk More Rokk by Freezepop more than most other songs.

Posted by love at first fright

Kyle's mom is a bitc* - South Park [64]
LOL

Posted by Arcadios

47 Plays-Black Republican/ Nas Featuring Jay-Z

Posted by Shade

Porcupine Tree - Trains with 26 plays.

Yann Tiersen's "Les Jours Tristes" with 93 plays. I was in a sour mood most of yesterday, and that song cheers me up every time. So I decided to just leave it on repeat.

Nothing will come close to it ever. I just never listen to any song that many times when I have close to 20,000 others just lying around.

Posted by Xero

Venetian snares~ Pwntendo

I've listened to that song a lot...A bit too much.

Posted by Oforia

When the Water Breaks by Liquid Tension Experiment. 84 plays

Just love the way Mike Portnoy can hold a beat. Great guitar to.

Posted by Corrupt

Over the past week it's definitely been "Corn Mouth" by Aphex Twin. Can't get enough of that chirpy organ.

Posted by Arcadios

Let The Rhythm Hit 'Em
55 plays

Posted by Xero

Since last week, I played "Einstein-Rosen Bridge" from the Venetian snares quite often. It's quite a good song.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Xero: Since last week, I played "Einstein-Rosen Bridge" from the Venetian snares quite often. It's quite a good song.

You're damn right it's a good song. It's just a shame it's only 3 and a half minutes long.

But yeah, I would say that the "most played song" title for me goes to "This Goat Skull Is No Good For Thirsty Psytrance Workers" by Shitmat. Once I listen to it, I just tell myself "Okay, one more time, and then move on to another song". Then I listen to it again after that. And again. It's one of those rarities that I can just put on repeat and after 10 consecutive plays, it's still not boring.