UMD Movie Releases

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

An update from the Original List. This is Lion-Gate's releases, some of the 12 that have been noted as coming out soon:

The Punisher
Total Recall
Rambo: First Blood
Open Water
SaW
House Of The Dead

Also coming soon are:

National Treasure
Pirates Of The Carribean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Hero
Spiderman 2
Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil 2 (Apocalypse)
xXx
House Of Flying Daggers
Hellboy
Once Upon A Time In Mexico

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on new releases. The Japanese titles are as follows:

Naruto Daikatsugeki! Yukihime Ninpocho Dattebayo! (my personal favorite)
BioHazard (RE1)
BioHazard II Apocalypse (RE2)
Spider-Man 2
Hellboy

Posted by Al Borland

Hopefully the UMD movie list will expand to such a degree that some old movies will be produced. The current list is full of very recent movies. I'd love to go to the store and see a UMD of Joe Dirt or Best in Show sitting on the shelves.

Well, it looks like all of the major movie houses are jumping on board. I think about 30 movies will be available by late April.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

Yeah, I too would like to see some older movies coming out. But you can still always just upload some older movies from you're computer.

Quoting SanitysRequiem: But you can still always just upload some older movies from you're computer.

Exactly what I have done.

Posted by boomstick

That's not to good of a list, the only movies I see up there that I really like is Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Spider-Man 2, hopefully the list'll expand, but I doubt I'll be using the UMD feature of the PSP anytime soon.

New Releases For June 24, 2005

Terminator 2
National Lampoon's Van Wilder
The Punisher
Open Water
Saw

Posted by Arczu

Hmm...

I guess if for some reason, people REALLY like re-whatching movies on the UMD, then it's fine. But who knows, maybe other devices will be devoloped to use the UMD format?

I doubt it. Sony is pretty anal about letting their tech out the door.

Posted by nich

holy crap. i didn't think the UMD movie would catch on while in fact it has. Hey, has anyone bought a UMD movie yet, just wondering.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting nich: holy crap. i didn't think the UMD movie would catch on while in fact it has. Hey, has anyone bought a UMD movie yet, just wondering.

I'd hardly say it's caught on, yet, the library is pretty slim.

It is getting larger though. I have yet to actually buy a UMD, why would I when I could just rip a DVD that I rent from Blockbuster, then put it on a Memory Stick Duo? I can say that I really would'nt notice much of a difference.

Posted by Pit

Quoting boomstick: I'd hardly say it's caught on, yet, the library is pretty slim.

By caught on, I think he means in term of sales. Although you are right, it is slim, in time it's gonna get much, much larger.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Pit: By caught on, I think he means in term of sales. Although you are right, it is slim, in time it's gonna get much, much larger.

How are UMD's doing is sales ovarall?

And yeah, I hope it does grow, since I play on getting a PSP, I wouldn't mind having some of my favorite Anime on the go.

The only anime that I know of that is coming out (in the US, mind you) is Samurai Champloo, and I think that is in July or something. Even though I already have it on DVD, i would love to get it again.

Posted by boomstick

Here's a complete list of upcoming releases:
ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENT

8/23 - Halloween, Evil Dead, Time Bandits, Blood the Last Vampire, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll

9/6 - Dead and Breakfast

BRENTWOOD HOME VIDEO

8/23 - The Best of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (5 episodes from Season 2)

BUENA VISTA

Now Available - National Treasure, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Reign of Fire, Kill Bill: Volume 1, HERO, King Arthur: Director's Cut, TRON, Hostage, Cursed, Kill Bill: Volume 2, Gone in 60 Seconds: Director's Cut, From Dusk Till Dawn, Armageddon

8/16 - Sin City, Shaolin Soccer, The Rock, Coyote Ugly: Extended Cut

9/6 - Toy Story, Lost: The Pilot Episode

9/13 - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

EAGLE ROCK ENTERTAINMENT

8/30 - The Up in Smoke Tour, Marilyn Manson: Guns, *** and Government, Busta Rhymes: Everything Remains Raw, Puddle of Mudd: Live at the Key Club - Striking That Familiar Chord, Snoop Dogg: Big Snoop Dogg's Puff Puff Pass Tour

Street Date TBA - Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon, Nirvana: Nevermind, Black Label Society: Boozed, Broozed & Broken Boned, Jimi Hendrix: Electric Ladyland Classic Album, Iron Maiden: Number of the Beast Classic Album, Metallica: Metallica Classic Album

GENEON ENTERTAINMENT

Now Available - Appleseed, Samurai Champloo (the first 2 episodes of each series)

8/16 - Helsing, Gungrave (the first 2 episodes of each series)

GLAY'Z (ADULT - JAPAN)

Now Available - Goku Honban Tachibana Riko, Kyonyuu Nurse Amai Mitsu, Kaneshiro Anna: Koukyuu Soap Jou

7/22 - BiBody Ero-Terrorist Noa, Loli-Nanpa Special 5

H.M.P. (ADULT - JAPAN)

Now Available - H.M.P. Countdown 2005, Syojokyu Miyako Hikaru, Hoshino Hikaru Best

IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT

Now Available - Backyard, Beef, Bobbito's Basics to Boogie, Freshest Kids: A History of the B-Boy, The Hillz, Short Circuit, MC: Why We Do It, The Magic of Flight: IMAX, Jamie Foxx: I Might Need Security, Tupac Shakur: Thug Angel - The Life of an Outlaw, Endless Summer, ***smack: Live, One Love: The Game, The Life, Sisterhood, Thumb Wars/Thumbtanic Double Feature

7/26 - Beef II, Dreamscape, Galerians: Rion, Prince: Rave Un2 the Year 2000, Super Speedway: The Mach II Special Edition - IMAX, Vans Warped Tour

8/16 - I Got Five on It

8/23 - Hood of the Living Dead

8/30 - Justice, Laffapalooza! #1, Twilight Zone: Nightmare at 20,000 Feet

9/20 - Witches of the Carribean

9/27 - Alanis Morissette: Live in the Navajo Nation: Music in High Places, Artie Lange: It's the Whiskey Talkin', Basket Case, Cher: The Farewell Tour, Deftones: Live in Hawaii - Music in High Places, Extra Weird Sampler, Goo Goo Dolls: Live in Alaska - Music in High Places, India.Arie: Live in Brazil: Music in High Places, Justice, Larry the Cable Guy: Git-R-Done, Ron White: They Call Me Tater Salad, U2: The Joshua Tree - Classic Albums

Street Date TBA - Taste of Chaos

LIONS GATE

Now Available - Terminator 2, The Punisher, National Lampoon's Van Wilder, SAW, Open Water

8/23 - Total Recall, Young Guns, Cabin Fever, House of the Dead, House of 1000 Corpses, Rambo: First Blood, Part II

MGM

9/13 - Be Cool, Beauty Shop, Stargate: Atlantis, Bulletproof Monk

9/27 - The One, Barbershop, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

NEW LINE

10/4 - Elf, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Butterfly Effect, Freddy vs. Jason, Blade, Secondhand Lions

PARAMOUNT

8/9 - Team America: World Police, Coach Carter, Without a Paddle

8/30 - Sahara, The Italian Job, Viva La Bam: Volume 1 (TV)

Street Date TBA - Tomb Raider, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, SpongeBob SquarePants: Volume 1 (TV), Chapelle's Show: Volume 1 (TV), Ren & Stimpy: Volume 1

I'll be getting Hellsing, thanks.

Posted by Vv_Alien_vV

And also Most of the new big hit movies with be avaliable for PSP when they hit DVD I know Star Wars III will be