Bleach: Heat The Soul

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Will you be getting Heat The Soul when it comes out? I know I will! In fact, I am importing it! Its going to be really fun, and has the same cel-shaded style action fighting as the DBZ Budokai series, but best of all - ITS BLEACH!

Check out a few screenshots, courtsey of Play-Asia:

Box Art:

Ichigo VS. Rukia (1)

Ichigo VS. Rukia (2)

Ichigo VS. Rukia (3)

Ichigo VS. Rukia (4)

Posted by Pit

Whoa, let this topic slip right past me. So far, looks good. I kinda liked the gameplay of the DBZ budokai games, not the best fighter, but a descent one at that, considering past DBZ games introduced before budokai were pretty much garbage. If they can up a better comboe system, then I'll get it.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Dude, Bleach~!!

It sounds uber. But why are the only screen shots of Ichigo and Rukia?!

What happened to the other death ***s, like the red hair spikey guy, or the dude that hates death ***s. So many characters and only 2 shown. Why isn't rukia in death *** form either, its a video game ?! It doens't look right with Ichigo and that sword slayer of his. It looks real interesting. Cause I'm a bleach fan really :-p

alll stars are the g o d word. they actully block that out..

Posted by Pit

Dunno, I haven't watched the show. You know, since they say it's like "budokai" you never know. Maybe when you power up, just like in the Z games, you can transform for a given a amount of time into your super mode.

Posted by blackomega

ichigo and rukia arnt the only playable characters in the game you can also play as sado orihime ishida and renji but still I WANT MORE!

Posted by Pit

Quoting blackomega: ichigo and rukia arnt the only playable characters in the game you can also play as sado orihime ishida and renji but still I WANT MORE!

I think that part was blatantly obvious. What kind of fighting game will give you the option to play as only two characters? Hopefully this game hits shelves over here in the US. Probably something that I'll buy.

I ordered my copy. I'll let you guys know how it is.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Pit: I think that part was blatantly obvious. What kind of fighting game will give you the option to play as only two characters? Hopefully this game hits shelves over here in the US. Probably something that I'll buy.

I doubt it, as far as I know, Bleach is virtually unknown out side the Anime fan group, so I doubt we'll be seeing it in the US anytime soon.

Quoting boomstick: I doubt it, as far as I know, Bleach is virtually unknown out side the Anime fan group, so I doubt we'll be seeing it in the US anytime soon.

The hell it is. It is in the top 5 of the most read Shonen Jump mangas in the US. My local Borders can't even keep that shit in stock.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: The hell it is. It is in the top 5 of the most read Shonen Jump mangas in the US. My local Borders can't even keep that shit in stock.

If you'll notice the quote, I said almost virtually unknown among Americans except for Anime fans, it's not mainstream over here in the states and Shonen Jump is a magazine aimed specificly at Anime/Manga fans.

Posted by Arczu

Geez... speaking of which, I wonder what will happen if that Amine gets licsend? I know a whole bunch of people who don't (and I mean DO NOT) want that to happen.

Surely, there will be better screenshots availiable. And I am thinking that the gameplay will be similar, yet very different from that of the DBZ series.

Quoting boomstick: If you'll notice the quote, I said almost virtually unknown among Americans except for Anime fans, it's not mainstream over here in the states and Shonen Jump is a magazine aimed specificly at Anime/Manga fans.

Then that goes for any and all anime, lol.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Then that goes for any and all anime, lol.

No, you're not getting what I'm saying, most anime isn't mainstream in the states and only people who've really gotten into anime and import or download it from Japan know of it, Bleach is like one of those animes.

You may see it in an Americanized version of Shonen Jump, but it hasn't reached hardly any popularity in states like some anime, like DBZ, it may at some point in time(get fucking butchered in the process, but that's a different discussion point), but I doubt anytime soon.

Quoting boomstick: No, you're not getting what I'm saying, most anime isn't mainstream in the states and only people who've really gotten into anime and import or download it from Japan know of it, Bleach is like one of those animes.

You may see it in an Americanized version of Shonen Jump, but it hasn't reached hardly any popularity in states like some anime, like DBZ, it may at some point in time(get fucking butchered in the process, but that's a different discussion point), but I doubt anytime soon.

Recognized, but I think that is because it is new. Give it 6 months, and I think that we'll see an even bigger jump in its popularity, given the fact that more people will be exposed to it. DBZ wasn't really fair though, it has been around since the early 80's.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Recognized, but I think that is because it is new. Give it 6 months, and I think that we'll see an even bigger jump in its popularity, given the fact that more people will be exposed to it. DBZ wasn't really fair though, it has been around since the early 80's.

DBZ was a very good example, that proves how long it takes a good Japanese anime to get recongized by a mainstream audience in America.

Even if Bleach becomes mainstream, it's doubtfully it'll be anytime soon, there's marketing and editing to do(urg) for the American audience, that's way I doubt we'll see this certain game, maybe future Bleach games, but I doubt this particular one.

Well, All that I can say is that I hope it becomes popular fast, seeing as Anime as a whole is more popular here now than it was way back when. I'll look forward to the dub, as long as a good company buys the rights to it.