What's this new stuff?

Posted by Speedfreak

I CAN HAND OUT INFRACTIONS? WHAT'S AN INFRACTION? IS THAT LIKE A BAN? EXPLAIN OUR NEW TOYS, JESSE.

Posted by S

[quote="Jesse"]Not very much. For example, you'll be able to quote more than one post at a time, and the quotes will have a link to the original post.

There's signature image control. *ducks*

No more huge signature images and no more signatures with a lot of images!! One image, max of 500x100 with file size up to 20K.

Oh, and there'll be an infraction system. 10 infraction points and you get banned and live down in the Wacko board. SPAM/P0rn is banned for ever. Flame newbies for example would be one infraction point that's good for XX days and then expires. If you get 10 points you get banned until one of those infractions expire. Bakura, you reading this??!!

It was in the complaints/suggestions area. There's a little more information besides this, but not much. Fidle around with it is my suggestion.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm so abusing this.

Posted by Dexter

Who should we team up against, Vamp?

Posted by maian

I also noticed the thick black line that seperates the two gray shades. :cookie:

That's the first thing I noticed.

Quoted post: Who should we team up against, Vamp?

Speedy? idk you decide.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I havn't set the infraction stuff up!! I'll do that tonight, and go looking through all the vBulletin changes!

Oh, admins can give any one infractions. But I think you guys can only give infractions to those under you. aka...Super Mods can give mods infractions but mods can't give Super Mods infractions.

And no one can give a wacko an infraction!!! :D

er...blog mods...I'll be doing some testing!!! I hope they can't give them out!!!

They can't even see the button apparently.

Posted by Alastor

Seems to work for me. I wasn't able to give one to Vamp, so that makes sense. I dig the way the rep box opens now, too. Nice changes.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Members see an infraction button in the post...when they get an infraction, linking to a page with the info. Da profile page will also have the info, and they'll get a PM when they get an infraction. I'll try to make it look as annonomys as possible...like hopefully have all PMs look like I gave them out, so you don't have to be bias leting your buddies get away with stuff, like being rude to newbies...unless they are like WackoHater...then fill free to bash him day in and day out!!!! :D

You can also just give out warnings. I'll probably start out with just giving those for a few weeks, then start dishing out actual points.

Posted by Stalolin

can't see infraction points, not in right user group, etc...

So... basically the infraction system is for flaming newbs? What else? It's not like we have a fully defined rules list that we actually enforce. It's fairly lax, because that's our memberbase. So, I guess I'll keep an eye out for flaming newbs. Cool.

Posted by Pit

i remember i gave this guy an infraction, good times

Hey, Jesse. Let me give infractions to blog mods. k thanks.

Posted by Iris

Thanks, Jesse. These look pretty fun.

Infractions should go to anyone who gets out of line. It's not like it's a ban, and they aren't permanent, so it won't be terrible to hand them out to regular members.

I gave Vampiro an infraction point. That'll teach him not to get so many piercings!

Agreed. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to hand one out to the admin when he steps out of line.

Posted by Iris

Well, at least now we can ban blog mods without Jesse's help.

...right?

*cough*vampiro*cough*

AMIRITE lewl

Posted by Iris

No. I'd ban the less popular blog mods first.

That doesn't make sense. You start from the top to make an example and work your way down with mass bannings. dur.

Posted by Iris

Oh, no. I'm not doing it for conquest. I just want to ban Proto, Mr. Ninentdo, and a few others. :D

I'd support you.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Yo, Vampire, look at
http://www.vgchat.com/infraction.php?do=view&infractionid=4
and see if there iz a reverse option!!!

Posted by Iris

You'd better stop your advertising, Vampiro!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Yo, Vampiro, did you get a PM when you got da infraction?? If you did, send it to me. Something tells me it shows who gave you the infraction. If it does, I'll wanna change that so it's annonomys!!

Yeah, it tells who the person is. It not only says "Iris" but it shows her postbit and everything. And I already deleted it. Oops :D

Oh, and it shows who gave you the infraction in the usercp.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Infractions are now 100% anonymous. Past infractions still show who gave them in the PM. Where it shows the username, it'll show [url=http://www.vgchat.com/member.php?u=8406948]Infraction[/url].

Posted by Ant

aren't you happy vampire?!

Posted by Echo

You can't give infractions for just plain old spam. There's spamming advertisements, and there is just registering to spam, but there should be just a plain "spam" option, for things like [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=521794&postcount=39]this[/url].

Let us give infractions to mod/blog mods too.

Posted by Iris

Err, you mean, let regular mods give them to blog mods? That sounds reasonable.

Yeah, whatever.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Think I should add a 'Running Up Post Count/Post Has No Value' option! :D

Posted by Echo

Quoting Jesse Smith: Think I should add a 'Running Up Post Count/Post Has No Value' option! :D

Yeah, that.

Time to infract everyone! **** YES!

Posted by Iris

Wait, blog mods can't give infractions, can they?

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Iris: Wait, blog mods can't give infractions, can they?

Only if Jesse was stupid enough to allow the Blog Mods' usergroup to give infractions.

so yes.

Posted by Iris

That's silly! Blog mods are much more spiteful, Jesse. They'll ban all of our wacko friends!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: Only if Jesse was stupid enough to allow the Blog Mods' usergroup to give infractions.

er, there iz no Blog Mod usergroup!!! :wacko:

Still can't give infractions to blog mods. In other words, still can't give infractions to 75% of the userbase.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Still can't give infractions to blog mods. In other words, still can't give infractions to 75% of the userbase.

Super Mods probably can!

But I can't. That's all that matters to me.

Posted by Iris

But Vamp, I can.

But you're not me.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;520382]
Speedy? idk you decide.

So wait, you can't even hand them out to blog mods but I can hand them out to anyone?

Oh Irriiiissssss...

Everyone but admins and supermods anyways.

Posted by S

Forgive me for clarifying the obvious but, I was curious if the infraction system's permanent ban is usable by just normal mods? For instance, I was the first to stumble on this thread:

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=525128#post525128

But I'm not taking action currently because A: It's not in my board and B: I don't want to over-step my bounds. Someone mind elaborating?

Posted by Iris

[quote=Speedfreak;525136]So wait, you can't even hand them out to blog mods but I can hand them out to anyone?

Oh Irriiiissssss...
Plotting, yes?

Quoted post: Forgive me for clarifying the obvious but, I was curious if the infraction system's permanent ban is usable by just normal mods? For instance, I was the first to stumble on this thread:

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=525128#post525128

But I'm not taking action currently because A: It's not in my board and B: I don't want to over-step my bounds. Someone mind elaborating?

Just tried it, and yeah, it bans the person. Even if you are just a mod.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Just tried it, and yeah, it bans the person. Even if you are just a mod.

Ack!!! Which innicent mod did you ban!!! :D:D:D

I did it to someone who was asking for a date in the gaming boards.