Moar RAM plz

Posted by Sean Fury

Alright, so I have an HP and as much as like it, I STILL don't have enough RAM to even run Half-Life 2 correctly or even Warcraft (both at the lowest settings). It's possibly, but HL2 explodes and Warcraft gets really glitchy inside major cities, so I was wondering how I go about buying RAM at Radio Shack/Best Buy/whatever.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You go in to the shop. And buy it. If you can't find it, ask for it.

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Posted by Sean Fury

STFU X. I've been told that I need certain types or else it won't be compatible with my computer and would be a waste of money to purchase.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Oh right, gotcha now. You should have said. Download System Requirement Lab or something similar and it'll give you the RAM type you're using. What do you currently have in your machine?

Posted by Sean Fury

I have 383.5 megabytes of RAM right now...and if you're asking what is in my computer, everything is the same as when I got it, I haven't changed anything. So yeah...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Do you know if that's all on the one module? Or two, or three, etc.

If your PC was manufactured in the past couple of years, I'd wager you have DDR RAM.

Posted by Sean Fury

It's on one, I know that much.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Open your computer up and look at the sticker on the ram stick. Pretty simple.

Posted by Omni

Stop having computer problems.

Posted by Trigger

The only program you will ever need to use to find out system information such as this is [URL="http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html"]Everest Home Edition[/URL]. It will tell you the speed of your RAM, type, size and which slots they are currently sitting in (as well as information on just about everything your computer has). You can save the report of your computer and take it to the store (highlighting the RAM details so they can find it at a glance) and let them know you'd like more of the same type. If they do not have it, ask them what else would be compatible or who might sell the type you currently have.